Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

The autos are looking good, Beez- Sooo much frost on the GC!
Good job spotting the damage and tracking down that caterpillar-hopefully, he's the only one...

I decided to rearrange my indoor grow space so that the Zamaldelica can come inside at night. Had to raise the light about 8 inches, and I moved all the What Widows outdoors full time.

Wow, I can’t believe you tracked that tiny caterpillar down!
I would have never spotted it in a plant with my vision.
And my vision says that looks like a Maguey worm. The kind you find at the bottom of a Mezcal bottle.:laughtwo:
A cheap Mezcal bottle. :passitleft:

The new arrangements are looking good.

I would have never spotted it in a plant with my vision.
Unfortunately, I've had lots of practice finding caterpillars on my plants over the seasons. In the photo of that caterpillar, you might notice the very large magnifying glass beneath it, because my vision isn't as good as it used to be either. ;)
that looks like a Maguey worm. The kind you find at the bottom of a Mezcal bottle.:laughtwo:
That would need to be a very small bottle of mezcal. :D

Today's update is on the What Widows -- hopefully not my last update on them, but we'll see.

WW #3
I put this one outdoors full time 13 days ago. It went from about 19 hrs of light to 14 hrs of light so I'm calling it "flip day". However, it still is not quite showing its sex yet... at least that's what I'm hoping because I kinda think it's eventually going to go "male".

WW #5
This was put outdoors full time only 4 days ago and is already obviously showing its sex... "male".

WW #4
This was also just put outdoors 4 days ago. I think it's going male also!

I think all three of these What Widows are gonna be male. Shame, cuz I was wanting to see what the flowering would be like. I might keep one male and collect the pollen to try out pollenating one bud on each of my "purple" plants.

No clue how I got so far behind here...sorry BL!

Nice kief press and butter making and I'm looking forward to hearing how the edibles went. Curious as to whether your estimates match the effectiveness.

Great catch on the caterpillar (I don't think I was scheduled to remind you to BT spray this early, but autos weren't in the equation ;) ), and the frost on that GC is stunning! The Zam has plenty of time left so no judgement on that yet!

Looks like we're starting to know who on the Whats, and it's not looking promising. But I'm with double H and crossing my stipules for a female with #3.

What luck?! :eye-roll:
Or lack of...
Sheesh! Man club!
I know, right?
I’m holding out hope for that #3 still.
I'm hopeful as well, but not optimistic.
Nice kief press and butter making and I'm looking forward to hearing how the edibles went. Curious as to whether your estimates match the effectiveness.
I tried out the butter a few days ago. I went slow with the testing just in case I was way off base.
Day 1: 1/4 tsp butter (estimate 5.5mg THC) => Nothing. Maybe a little sleepy.
Day2: 1/2 tsp butter (estimate 11mg THC) => Very light buzz
Day3: 1 tsp butter (estimate 22mg THC) => Just about the right amount of high for me. Lasted a good long time - maybe 3 hrs. Wasn't so high that it kept me for doing stuff.

In my limited experience with edibles, I think I am pretty close to the THC estimate as in the past, anything below 10mg has never had any affect on me. 2 hrs is usually how long it takes before my body senses anything eaten. Next, I need to give some to my son to test. He's got a higher tolerance than me.
Great catch on the caterpillar (I don't think I was scheduled to remind you to BT spray this early, but autos weren't in the equation ;) ),
I was thinking the same thing! I'll cut you some slack this time. :D

I'm thinking I want to save some pollen. Is this the right time to pluck the pod, or should I wait a little longer for it to mature? I don't want an uncontrolled explosion of pollen.

Wow! I wouldn’t be going to he horse track any time soon. Or at least not before I read my horoscope.

I‘d like to be optimistic here but to me it sure looks like it’s time to clean up the old weed wacker. :nervous-guy:

I'd try that one for sure!!
1627581218895.png

I‘d like to be optimistic here but to me it sure looks like it’s time to clean up the old weed wacker.
Unfortunately, I think you are correct. :(
Don’t you have some sinsemilla growing nearby?
Males!
:thedoubletake: I have no use for them!
Yes I do, and I'll probably do something stupid and mess them up. The two large photo period plants are not far enough into flower to worry about... not yet.
I'd try that one for sure!!
I think I'll go pluck that one and put it in a parchment paper bindle to dry out.

Back
Top Bottom