Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

You’re trending Beez!!!
F9E595F0-7164-4608-A94F-C74C841D46B6.jpeg

Highya BL,

Love your journal! My goodness, you have some gorgeous plants. Like your trolleys, too. I was thinking about a garden scale model railroad setup to haul them in and out. Just fun thinking about it! I envy people who always have the best looking plants! Happy Smokin'

You could also cut a branch with sacs on it and stick it in a vase of water under a 12/12 light, in isolation.
Well, I already tossed two of the three males. I'm still undecided whether to keep the 3rd one. I haven't been home much this past week, but once things settle down, I'll decide what to do with that male.
You’re trending Beez!!!
Pretty funny - especially since I have no Twitter account! :laughtwo:
Love your journal! My goodness, you have some gorgeous plants.
Hi Bode! It's great to have you stop by, and thank you so much for the kind words! :Namaste:
I was thinking about a garden scale model railroad setup to haul them in and out.
Now that would be awesome! :idea:

You might remember my earlier post about finding that teeny tiny caterpillar on my Zamaldelica auto. I was really naive to think that was the only one. Well, it wasn't. :rolleyes:

A couple days later, I found caterpillar poop beneath the plant. I started hunting and removed about 35 more cats.:eek:They were all still pretty small and the damage minimal. I thought I got most of them.
View media item 1837350What does this picture have to do with my caterpillar story? Well, the wife and I left town to enjoy the Wine Country for three days. It was wonderful, by the way. Upon returning home I found poor Zamaldelica in ruins! Buds littered the table top beneath the plant. I proceeded to remove about 40 more caterpillars, this time they were very large! I think I lost maybe 50% of the buds. Here's some pics of it now.

I need to learn not to under estimate the destructive poor of those bastards. I think I have finally gotten all of them. Live and hopefully learn....

On a happier note, yesterday evening was so pleasant, my wife and I ate dinner outside. Here's a view of my big outdoor Purples from my patio.

I've got the bottle of BT in hand, and reviewing mixing instructions!

Damn, those are some aggressive little bastards...The most I ever found were 18 on my outdoor cheese plant a couple years ago- I then started spraying her with BT twice a day,and it held them in check
till she finished- I'd still find an occasional live one, but most that I found were dead or dying- the ones I had started out green, but they'd turn gray (and die) after ingesting the BT.
Sorry about your plant- that kind of thing is a real gut punch...

Oof! Sorry about Zammy Beez!
At least they left me with enough to try.
Damn, sorry Beez. Glad the purple sisters are a-ok.
I figure I have about one or two weeks until the moths notice the Purples.
Wow! I can’t say that I’ve ever seen cats attack like that. Extremely destructive and fast at it.
Yeah, I was a pretty surprised at how fast they did it and how quickly they grew.
Wow!!! Unbelievable that they did that so quickly:(
I get caterpillars every season on my big photo plants, but I usually am able to remove them before they do too much damage. They took me by surprise this time.
Sorry about your plant- that kind of thing is a real gut punch...
I've pretty much gotten over it. Zam was just an auto and I have more seeds of it. I still have plenty of choices in my inventory to smoke, and come October, those Purples are going to supply me and everyone I know with more weed than we know what to do with. :cool:
Thanks for bringing my spirits back up with the photo of the distant purp bushes.
I'm working on a defense strategy for those two. I do have the BT spray, but would like to keep the spraying to a minimum even though I wash every harvest. I bought some materials to build a nighttime greenhouse for them. We'll see how it turns out.

I have to figure when to start BT myself. No flowers yet so I haven't.
Mine are looking like this. Still pretty early in the flowering stage. Until they have a fragrance, I don't think the moths will bother with them.

Time to update the photo period plants from @Weed Seeds Express . They are both at 113 days and have been in flower since July 20th. So far, they are maybe the nicest plants I've grown. :) I had to take the ladder out to get the SaugeView® shots.

Granddaddy Purple
This one is currently at 38 inches above the soil and starting to slow down - it might grow another inch or two. I'm still feeding it veg nutes since it's still growing, but will probably begin the bloom nutes soon. It gets feed 3 gallons every two days.

I'm trying to limit the amount of larf and trim time when harvest gets here. While it doesn't look like I've removed much from the plant, I actually have. I remove the small shoots that won't reach the canopy, but try to leave most of the fan leaves as they still provide energy to the plant. Here's a shot from underneath.

Purple Haze
I'm gonna need to find a taller backdrop soon. Purple haze is now at 47 inches tall and still stretching (grew two inches in the last three days). This one is still getting fed with veg nutes as well, and is also receiving 3 gallons every two days.

About once a week or so, I look to remove any small shoots that would become larf.

Happy Friday to everyone, and I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom