Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

Happy Saturday everyone. Let's do an update. :cool:

Glueberry OG Auto
Last week Glueberry got harvested. After 5 days in the drying basket I thought I had left it too long as the buds felt very dry. I put it all into a 1/2 gal mason jar with a hygrometer. After an hour it read only 55% rh - yikes! However, by the next day it was back up to 68%.
I've been airing the buds out for an hour each day and now the buds are at 62% and curing. Yield came out to 2.2 oz, which is a little less than I was expecting, but still decent for an auto. I'm really excited for this one, as I smoked a tester bud and really liked the high. We'll see how it smokes in another 3 weeks.

Northern Lights Auto
I harvested NL yesterday. The trichomes were telling me it still wasn't quite ready...
But after 127 days (81 days flowering) I was just tired of looking at it. The buds in general just looked ready, the drinking had slowed way down, and this was long enough for an auto flower to go. The breeder suggested 77-84 days sprout to harvest. Also, I think I had the lights a bit too close to the plant as it started foxtailing and throwing out new pistil stigmas.
I was actually pretty happy with this plant in how it grew and how it looked. Pretty nice sized colas for an auto in a 3 gal pot.
I think this one will yield better than the Glueberry.

White Zelicas
These two remaining plants now have more room under the lights.
They are currently on day 130 from sprout. The lights were flipped on 3/9 and have now been flowering for 64 days (9 weeks). I mentioned earlier that the lights were too close to the NL, but actually they were too close to the White Zelicas as well. I've moved the lights about 3 inches higher now - maybe I should go even higher. :hmmmm:
The buds are foxtailing and throwing out new pistil stigmas much like the NL.
In addition, I also found this - nanners!
Looks like it's going hermie on me, but the plant is close to harvest now. I'm not going to stress out about it:meditate:
Also, I found this:
A bud growing out of a fan leaf! I've never seen nor heard of this before. I don't think this is due to light stress, just a weird mutant kind of thing.

I'll update on the summer outdoor grow in the next couple days. Have a great weekend everyone!

Congrats on the latest harvest Beez! I just love the kitty-in-a-basket harvest helper you’ve got there. :love:

I have seen the bud growing out of the fan leaf before, it’s always so strange. I call it a bonus bud.:thumb: NL had great height to her, I think that one will yield more too. The fans look more sativa-ish, my last NLa looked similar. Wondering if we got them from the same seed man? Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the fruits of your indoor labor! Well done Beez. :)

I just love the kitty-in-a-basket harvest helper you’ve got there. :love:
:laughtwo: I didn't even realize she was in that photo. She's always following me around.
Nice harvest, Beez!
Thanks GB!
funny about the bonus fan leaf bud,
It just might turn out to be a pretty nice bud. Getting nice and frosty.
WTF on the 36" height restriction? That's shorter than mine! :cheesygrinsmiley:
:laughtwo: I probably won't succeed. My GDP last year ended up at 42" and I got more than a pound out of it. My caterpillar cage has to be able to fit over the plant.

:laughtwo: I didn't even realize she was in that photo. She's always following me around.

Thanks GB!

It just might turn out to be a pretty nice bud. Getting nice and frosty.

:laughtwo: I probably won't succeed. My GDP last year ended up at 42" and I got more than a pound out of it. My caterpillar cage has to be able to fit over the plant.
Love the caterpillar cage!
Does she only go in at night?

Congrats on the harvests, Beez! I understand your feeling of being tired of certain plants. When mine go ugly, I just want them to hurry up and finish.

Love the caterpillar cage!
Does she only go in at night?
Thanks GB. That cage worked really well last season. I wheeled the plant into it every evening and then back out each morning. I didn't find a single caterpillar on that plant.
I understand your feeling of being tired of certain plants. When mine go ugly, I just want them to hurry up and finish.
Mine didn't really get ugly, they just took too long to ripen. They over-stayed their welcome. :laughtwo:

I had a busy weekend - baby sitting the grandson Sat & Sun, and harvesting Fri and Mon.
On Friday, White Zelica #1 was harvested. It went 136 days from sprout and flowered for about 68 days. I failed to adequately adjust the lights as it stretched in early flower. As a result, a couple of the top colas got heat damaged.
The sugar leaves were actually crispy when touched. I'm still pretty new at growing under lights, so I'm learning from my mistakes... hopefully.

I did still get some pretty nice colas
and the yield was OK considering the plants were in 3 gal pots, a bit crowed, and I heavily pruned lower bud sites to maximize energy to the upper canopy and to minimize larf.
(The image description says "Large bucket" but should have been "Larf bucket")

On Monday (Memorial Day holiday here in the US), I decided to harvest my last remaining plant - White Zelica #3. It went 139 days from sprout and flowered for about 73 days.
During veg, it got topped twice (WZ #1 only topped once) and had a few more upper colas.
I the image above, you can see the pollen sacs that tried to form within the bud. This was due to light stress from the lights being too close to the buds.
I think it will yield a bit more than WZ #1, but the upper colas were a bit smaller than WZ#1 and there was a bit more larf.

At the moment, I have nothing growing under my indoor lights - feels weird going out to the garage and not having any lights turned on. I've got my summer outdoor plants started, and will update on those next time.

Nice update. And, congrats on the harvests.

Remind me again of the genetics of the Zelicas? I was reading about the Zamaldelica chemovar yesterday and was wondering if your plants had that chemovar in their genetics?

Yes, indeed, the mother of the White Zelica was a Zamaldelica Auto. I pollenated it with a cross of White Widow and some unknown male. There's a bit of purple in the buds and trichomes and it has a fruity quality to the smell. I'm guess maybe the unknown male could have had some Blueberry in its genetics.

Wow, some serious take downs, and some serious buds! Beautiful job Beez. :bravo: Lol, I know what you mean about the empty tent feeling. It takes me about a week to break the routine and not have that “I’m forgetting something” feeling.

Congrats on the back to back harvests, and the pans of beautiful buds!
I've got my summer outdoor plants started, and will update on those next
Looking forward to it, Beez!

Lol, I know what you mean about the empty tent feeling. It takes me about a week to break the routine and not have that “I’m forgetting something” feeling
I'm sure my lights won't be off for very long! :D
Looking forward to it, Beez!
Summer grow update coming real soon. ;)

Summer grow update time! I got a real late start to my summer grow, but it's getting going now.
Since I got such a late start getting seeds going, I decided to buy some clones from a local dispensary to get a bit of a head start. I bought a Sour Diesel and a Chem Dog D (not sure what the "D" is means) for myself,
and a Blueberry and Durban Poison for my son to grow.

I also started some from seeds I received as prize winnings from Canna Pot: Sensi Cheese (ApeOrigin) and Sugar Breath (Humbolt Seed Org). They will go to my son as well. The Sensi Cheese is a cross of Sensi Star x Buddha Cheese, and the Sugar Breath is a cross of Do-Si-Dos x OG Kush Breath.
They sprouted on 5/5. They're still a bit too small to transplant, so I'll hang onto those a bit longer.

My son is planning to stop by this evening to get his plants along with some White Zelica clones that he plans to gift to a couple friends.
I've had these clones much longer than planned - my son says he's been busy. :rolleyes: They are in dire need of larger pots, and started flowering because I left them under my 12/12 lights too long, but have since "revegged", so hopefully they will grow well enough for the friends.

You might have noticed that my Sour Diesel is not in a larger 20 gal pot sitting on a trolly. I think I'm going to try vegging this one outdoors and then move it under the lights for flowering. That's why I've put it into a 7 gal pot. Sour Diesel is mostly sativa, and last time I grew it, it wasn't ready for harvest until pretty late in the season. I figure if I can finish it up inside under the lights, it'll finish faster. I have so much cured weed on hand, I really don't need another pound out of this plant, a few ounces will be plenty for me. We'll see what happens... plans change.

I had a busy weekend - baby sitting the grandson Sat & Sun, and harvesting Fri and Mon.
Four days of solid work...well done! And all four highly productive. :circle-of-love:
I did still get some pretty nice colas
Uh huh!
I heavily pruned lower bud sites to maximize energy to the upper canopy and to minimize larf.
I like the way you unabashedly took off all those lower nodes. Nice and clean!
At the moment, I have nothing growing under my indoor lights - feels weird going out to the garage and not having any lights turned on.
You'll get used to it even before you see the drop in the electric bill. :)
I've got my summer outdoor plants started, and will update on those next time.
:nomo:
but it's getting going now.
Oh that didn't take long at all (for me anyway!). Great collection, but I'm glad to hear a lot of them are going a generation down. Nice to be able to scale down and still have plants to visit take care of. ;)
I've had these clones much longer than planned
I do the same thing. They never leave on schedule. :hmmmm:
I figure if I can finish it up inside under the lights, it'll finish faster.
Great idea! :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom