Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

Saturday update time! :cool:
Plants are doing great! The weather has finally heated up. 88F yesterday and over 90F forecast for today and tomorrow. Still no signs of flowering yet, so growth continues.

The Sensi Cheese that is in the SIP has really exploded. Since last Saturday, it's grown 9 inches and is now at 32 inches tall. It's drinking about 1.5 gallons per day! This worries me a bit because I'll be leaving tomorrow morning for a 5-day fishing trip in Montana. My wife will be in charge of plant care while I'm gone, but only so much as to make sure they don't dry up. I've mixed up 5 gallons of nutrients, but with this heat she will certainly run out before I get back. I told her to just give them plain water when the nutrients are gone. (Oh no, they may have to drink tap water for a day or two :laughtwo:.)

The China Cat clone is looking pretty good as well. Too bad it's always compared to the SIP plant. In the past 7 days it has grown 5 inches so pretty decent growth in my opinion. It's currently sitting at 17.5 inches tall.

I'll be excited to see their progress when I get back from my trip. :surf:
What a beautiful garden you have Beez! I knew you could grow the heck out of your cannabi, but that’s a beautiful chorus line behind them too. What all you got back there? Have a great trip, safe travels!

Good Saturday to everyone! I'm back from my trip and wow, the plants have exploded in growth!

From last Saturday to today, the China Cat has grown 7 inches and is now 24.5 inches. The previous week it grew 5 inches.

This week the Sensi Cheese grew a staggering 11 inches in just 7 days! The previous week it grew 9 inches. It's now 43 inches tall.

While on my trip, I had mixed up 5 gallons of nutrients for my wife to apply to the plants. I knew it wouldn't be enough for my entire absence, but I was expecting it to last 3 or 4 days. The Sensi Cheese is now drinking more than 2 gal each day! This is kind of a problem because I can't be going out there twice a day to fertigate - I've got other things to do. :laughtwo: The plants have not yet begun to flower, but I think they are getting close - maybe another week. By the way, the fishing was great and the catching was even better (strictly catch and release). :cool:

I knew you could grow the heck out of your cannabi, but that’s a beautiful chorus line behind them too. What all you got back there?
Thanks HH! This year I've got a total of 19 tomato plants scattered throughout the garden and deck - 7 different varieties. I've also got several pepper plants, 5 different varieties, Blue Lake green beans and Alaska peas. Also have a lemon tree and herbs - mostly basil and oregano. I can't wait to harvest some of these gems! :drool:

While on my trip, I had mixed up 5 gallons of nutrients for my wife to apply to the plants. I knew it wouldn't be enough for my entire absence, but I was expecting it to last 3 or 4 days. The Sensi Cheese is now drinking more than 2 gal each day! This is kind of a problem

Damn SIPs! :cool:

Damn, Beez- It was a great week for you and the plants... :thumb:

My Sensi Cheese had a couple stalks that were getting taller than the rest of the canopy, so I adjusted them. I tied one down and super cropped the other.
Now the canopy is more even. :)

My China Cat clone also started getting an uneven canopy, so that got some LST treatment - about 5 stalks.
And I'm much happier with the canopy now.

After a super busy weekend - 3 consecutive nights in San Francisco attending the final 3 Dead & Co shows, I'm back to my garden chores... minus a few brain cells. 🤪

The plants continue to do their thing in the sun. They are surviving the current heat trend we've been having here. My SIP plant is drinking about 3 gallons of water/nutrients each day. Speaking of nutrients, I ran out of my Prescription Blend and was starting to switch over to different ones, when I was gifted a couple kits from a very generous member here. Now I've got plenty to get me through a couple more grows -- even at 3 gallons per day! The members here at 420 are pretty awesome! :green_heart:

China Cat clone

China Cat is doing great right now. It's listed as a 50/50 hybrid, but it looks more indica dominant with its big fat leaves and bushy growth. I don't know a whole lot about it - I mostly chose it for its name, which the Dead performed during Friday's show. :cool: It's a cross of Trinity x Original NYC Diesel.
Good news, it's finally showing signs of flowering!

This season seems pretty late for my plants to get into flower mode, but looking back at 2021 my plants didn't start to flower until 7/20, so I guess this one is right on schedule.

Sensi Cheese
I continue to prune it, bend it, and feed it, and it continues to grow at an alarming rate! Last week I gave a couple of the top stalks more LST bending to even the height and to try to slow down the upward climb. Today it currently sits at 52 inches above the Earthbox.

Close examination still does not reveal any sign of flowering beginning. Maybe another week before that happens.

I think a nap might be in my future today. 🥱

Beautiful plants!
Thanks Danish! :Namaste:
China Cat is looking in better shape than your eardrums after three shows in a row,
Eh? What did you say? I didn't quite hear you... my ears are still ringing. :theband:
(is it even showing sex yet? I don't see any pistils at the nodes even)
I found maybe 2 possible stigmas on the whole plant. It better be a female! :nervous-guy:
no doubt that the Cheese will require a table-full of folks to trim like a few autumns back!
Like this?
Trim Party 01a.jpg

How were the shows?
The shows were amazing! Approx 40,000 people in each show, and maybe another 5,000 that were looking for tickets. They played 52 different songs across those 3 shows - none of them were played twice! A good time was had by all.
:party:

How about a quick Saturday update before I head out for the day?
Plants are cruising along nicely. It's been pretty hot lately (mid 90s) so they are drinking a bit more frequently. The China Cat is getting water/nutes about every 2 days, and the Sensi Cheese is pretty ridiculous. It's getting about 3-4 gallons every day!

China Cat
China Cat is looking pretty lush. I just gave it a pretty good pruning and delarfing of the lower and middle. It just started flowering a few days ago. It currently is 32 inches above the soil.

Sensi Cheese
I got outside a bit late this morning, there was no fog and the sun was already making the photo session a bit complicated. According to the breeder, this plant is 80% indica and only 20% sativa. Its leaves and growing habit sure look sativa dominant. :hmmmm:

Still growing about an inch each day, even after tying down some of the taller stalks. It's currently sitting at 59 inches above the soil and hasn't even started flowering yet. It is finally showing sex and I can confirm that it is female.
Here's the growth chart of the two plants so far:
Chart 01.jpg

China Cat is looking pretty lush. I just gave it a pretty good pruning and delarfing of the lower and middle.
She sure is a pretty thing...
It's currently sitting at 59 inches above the soil and hasn't even started flowering yet.
You've created a monster, Beez!

Still growing about an inch each day, even after tying down some of the taller stalks. It's currently sitting at 59 inches above the soil and hasn't even started flowering yet.
She is going to be redonkulous!

Back
Top Bottom