Peaky Blinder's - 1000W HPS - Ebb & Flow - LSD Grow - First Journal

image17227.jpg

My got dang rocks FINALLY came in and I got my two girls potted up right next to each other. It's currently DAY 3 of both girls inside together with fresh res + 1/4 strength nutes from transplanting stage in Technaflora feeding chart. I figure 7-10 days of that before switching to half strength veg nutes. Every journal I've seen cautions against burning up your babies with these commercial mixing schedules from nute manufacturers so I'd follow the gradual approach.

Ph is 6.3

Here be pics -- the more developed one is BS of course and her sis RV:Namaste:
image17416.jpg
image17414.jpg
image17415.jpg
image17413.jpg
image17412.jpg

Working with just iPad camera so forgive the green tinge plz

Day 5 GLR 1/4 strength nutes. Figure I'll start with pics of my the oldest
image17535.jpg
image17541.jpg
image17538.jpg

Should I be worried about what appears to be signs of nute burn on the tips of those first two leaves? It's so little I'm not sure it's necessarily something to worry about, but what the hell; I'm asking for a quick chime from the 420 fam.

Also, is it too early to start lst'ing her? Was planning on using a combo of Lst & topping as training methods to make sure I get a decent yield outta these two. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated:Namaste:

Hey Peaky..
It's a little hard to tell but from the pic's and its most likely the picture but are they a lite colored green or a dark green?
I don't do hydro but even when I use non fert'ed medium I don't start feeding until the 3rd or 4th real set of leave's.I don't use R.O either so my water has a few thing's to offer and is enough to get me by in the first week or so of growth.
I think you will be ok with your 1/4 feeding's but Idk for sure.Your right never start with the recommenced dose.
I would say ther a bit small for training but looking very close to a 1st topping.I usually top after the 3 to forth node.
Some even do it earlier,after second node.If you really want to go all in on some topping and trainig.I would check oput a few of Light Addict's journal's.Lot's of info on how and why to top,train etc.
All in all looking good bro.
I don't understand why there aren't any other member's here.
Give it time they will come.:high-five:

DAY 7: GLR 1/4 strength nutes

Jimmy6K whaaadup:ciao:

Funny you asked about the color man. Up til now I just considered them a nice healthy green(with the exception of those two tips). But I realize my photography leaves much to be desired. So! I'm pleased to upload a couple pics that are much more aesthetically pleasing, as far as color temp goes anyway...

I have been an avid watcher of the witchcraft LightAddict performs in his grow room:reading420magazine:and thats what gave me the confidence in doing any sort of training myself. As for topping, I'd love to snip the older girl n stick the cutting in some root gel then a rooter plug. The vigor she grows with just amazes me + losing those two seedlings left big gap I'd like filled.

If you had to guess, would you say I could safely top her in a week without over-stressing/stunting/harming her? Can you tell I'm shellshocked from the two I lost:bitingnails:

I couldn't use R.O. water if I wanted to. Just don't have the budget for that added complexity. Good Ole ph'd tap all the way!
image17667.jpg
image17668.jpg
image17666.jpg
image17670.jpg
image17669.jpg
image17665.jpg

And something to consider for those of you looking at the OxygenPot System -- I'm using lava rocks as my medium. There's a black grate that sits in the bucket to keep your air pot from sitting in the excess solution in the bottom. Each bucket currently has 40lbs of stones in the factory air pot. This morning I noticed the pointed edges on the bottom of the grates had pushed into the base of the light green (factory)bucket to the point it pierced it! There was a pool of solution accumulating in the bottom of my tent. It's since been addressed with a diy clip n' file down job to round off those edges. Lesson here: the grates are excellent quality -- buckets kinda blow

Thanks for tuning in and cont to enjoy the ride:Namaste:

I cant really tell from the pic's how many set's of node's are going but it does look like they are still a bit small for topping.Most,including myself don't top untill 3rd set of node's.Some Im sure have topped early and with good result's but I have not tried it.Give them a week like you said and then see what you got.It's gonna be awhile before there big enough to take any cut's.If it were me I would top at 3rd node,then when she's older take the two bottom branch's for clone's later.I don't know how you would add them to your system tho.
They would be of different stage's of growth and on different feeding schedule's.

DAY 14 GLR 1/4 strength nutes

Whaaadup :420:! Hope all your gardens are budding up nicely:morenutes:

There really isn't too much to report here so this'll be mostly a pic drop. The girls are coming along pretty well. No complaints, aside from how these buckets aren't really up to par. But since filing down those grate corners, they seem to be holding up. Just to be safe I rotate them every 5 days or so to relieve the pressure on the contact points.

Now for 50%MH powered photos(it's so green:hippy:)

image18046.jpg
image18047.jpg
image18048.jpg
image18049.jpg
image18050.jpg
image18051.jpg
image18052.jpg
image18053.jpg

Gotta ask you good folks to excuse the wonky photo rotation that happens during the upload/processing. It's not me, I swear:Namaste:

I cant really tell from the pic's how many set's of node's are going but it does look like they are still a bit small for topping.Most,including myself don't top untill 3rd set of node's.Some Im sure have topped early and with good result's but I have not tried it.Give them a week like you said and then see what you got.It's gonna be awhile before there big enough to take any cut's.If it were me I would top at 3rd node,then when she's older take the two bottom branch's for clone's later.I don't know how you would add them to your system tho.
They would be of different stage's of growth and on different feeding schedule's.

Yo Jimmy6k :byebye: how's it going brother? Again your periodic drop ins are greatly appreciated

It's been that week I said I'd wait and I'm thinking after a fresh res + another 1/4 strength nute batch today, I'll start the clock on a 14 day countdown til the first topping. However, I'm having some thoughts toward giving FIMMIMG a try, only because I read it doesn't stunt the plant as much as topping.

You're 100% right on there not really being any way to take clones and slot them into this cycle. Suppose it was just a fool's delusion to think there was a way to mitigate the loss of those other two girls before finishing this grow out. Figure I could always try my hand at taking cuttings toward the end of flowering in efforts to have developed roots by the first harvest. I've seen some journals employ this method calling it 'monstercropping'.

1-26-15
For some reason after changing the reservoir my system decided to stop feeding one side entirely, all the while drowning the other. I was away for a day or so and arrived during the one hr breaking up two dark periods. They were both drooping but Rita was definitely suffering much worse from drowning than Barbara from the drought. Spent nearly the duration of that hour troubleshooting and testing the flood/drain with both girls relocated to temp buckets. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out a way to get both sets of black tube to simultaneously operate. 47 expletives later...Fortunately this was caught quickly enough they should both make a full recovery no prob. Still a very healthy green from top to bottom

Day 23 GLR 1/4 strength nutes

It's yet another pic drop for you folks. No need to chime in, Jimmy6k is shouldering the burden of being the sole voice in the crowd. And for that we thank him:thanks:

The lights are 19in from the canopy. Is that too far? I was worried about getting much closer to avoid light bleaching. I did however bump up the intensity from 50% to 75% and we'll see how they handle that.
The girls are getting pretty huge. Check it

I think the'll be ready for topping/fim a lot sooner then 2 week's.You could do it now at second node.I just don't do it.
They do look to be stretching a bit still.How high do you have your light now?
Monster clone is a wayto go,but take's a lot longer to get them back vegging.I got one going now in veg.:thumb:

What'd you decide to monster clone? Last I peeped your journal there were like 10 you had rolling split between indoor n out. You diggin monster clone enough that you'd do it again? I'll likely just draft in behind you :Namaste:

DAY 31 GLR 1/4 strength nutes -- Fresh res on day 30

It's been a little while 420 fam. Hope everyone has gardens full of beautiful budding babies:cool:

Seems like a lot's changed since we last saw each other. The girls have recovered(mostly) from being FIMmed and have undergone a bit of LST.

Went in there with a loose plan -- and before I knew it, the oldest girl in particular was looking like she'd been through LightAddict's bootcamp. Let's see:smokin:
image19130.jpg
image19131.jpg
image19132.jpg
image19133.jpg
image19134.jpg
image19135.jpg
image19136.jpg
image19137.jpg

They'll be getting the flip before the month is out....Anyone care to take a stab at a yield est? Hoping to get some frosty dense colas that'll soak up all 1000w :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom