Peaky Blinder's - 1000W HPS - Ebb & Flow - LSD Grow - First Journal

Ok 420 Fam...long time no see and dammit man still no hear. Hopefully someone out there can help me out:bitingnails:

Been flying high on this grow but I think my girls have a boron deficiency. I've read it's rare and can be caused by low humidity and ph being too high. There are a few leaves in on both girls that have red spots at the center.

I flipped the girls on the 20th and gave em 1/4 strength flowering nutes from technaflora along with my 1000w HPS on 75%

Yesterday I dumped the reservoir and refilled with ph'd water. Right now it's sitting at 6.3 and I was thinking of flushing them with that for a couple days and reloading with a fresh nute batch in the res.

Major pic drop to aid in diagnosis. SOS!!!!!
IMG_140414.jpg
IMG_140323.jpg
IMG_140216.jpg
IMG_140119.jpg
IMG_140016.jpg
IMG_139920.jpg
IMG_139818.jpg
IMG_139317.jpg
IMG_139218.jpg
IMG_139115.jpg
IMG_139021.jpg
IMG_138820.jpg
IMG_138718.jpg

Hey Peaky B.:high-five:
Sorry to hear about your girl's.I know very little about hydro deficiencies,but think you may be spot on with the boron.
I say that because of your ph.If your ph is sitting at 6.3 most of the time.I took a look at our beloved nutrient up-take chart and at 6.3 in hydro your plant is not up-taking very much boron if any.Again man,Im just throwing this out there and could be way off page.
I'll see if I can get a hydro vet over here and help us.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Nutrient_Chart2.gif.

Hiya Peaky, Jimmy posted you had troubles on Chronic's page so I thought I'd pop over. My guess is it's a zinc deficiency with the leaves yellowing between the veins & the twisty curling. It'll probably be caused by your high ph. My advice is change out your nutes for 1/2 strength & keep your ph at 5.8. When they start to recover increase your nutes again but keep your ph between 5.8 & 6.1 :thumb::)

Hey Peaky B.:high-five:
Sorry to hear about your girl's.I know very little about hydro deficiencies,but think you may be spot on with the boron.
I say that because of your ph.If your ph is sitting at 6.3 most of the time.I took a look at our beloved nutrient up-take chart and at 6.3 in hydro your plant is not up-taking very much boron if any.Again man,Im just throwing this out there and could be way off page.
I'll see if I can get a hydro vet over here and help us.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Nutrient_Chart2.gif.

JIMMY6K:adore: a better cannabis godfather, there is none. Gratitude

Hiya Peaky, Jimmy posted you had troubles on Chronic's page so I thought I'd pop over. My guess is it's a zinc deficiency with the leaves yellowing between the veins & the twisty curling. It'll probably be caused by your high ph. My advice is change out your nutes for 1/2 strength & keep your ph at 5.8. When they start to recover increase your nutes again but keep your ph between 5.8 & 6.1 :thumb::)

Woohoo Skunny!!:high-five:you jesus christ superstar:bravo: way to totally swoop in like House with the spot on prognosis and prescribed treatment:Namaste:

ok I went through the journal kinda zipped through what I did notice immediately with all the pics is the really low humidity like you said in one post
your in veg try to get it up at least to 60% heck even in the 50 something percent range would be better than 25-28 percent
maybe hang a wet rag in there somewhere
put a pot or bowl of water in there preferably where the heat can help it evaporate so it creates humidity
also good to have a bottle of ph up and a bottle of ph down just in case you need it
I use organic nutes in dwc so I strictly follow my feed chart as soon as my seedling has a taproot coming out of the bottom
it goes into the netpot with week one on my schedule, another thing youll probably be ready next round good to have everything you need before you start so you don't get stuck waiting on things when you need them, I haven't used the nutes you use so I cant help you there
I started with the nutes i use now so obviously i haven't changed only difference now is i used the advanced feed chart and made some modifications on some of the amendments, like the sweet product i substituted and i recently added a product called terpinator to help with the trichome production but under led's the trichome production is already great and a lot of people using a lot of different led's do notice the difference i myself started using the same led's i have now with no problems and no heat issues the reason why i went with led's for that very reason cause it never gets really cold here so im always worried more about heat issues especially being in hydro
and with the nutes i use i have had no issues even with my res in the mid 70's on the high end, jimmy steered me over here so if you got any other questions don't hesitate ill be hanging out :thumb:

on another note most people say to keep res in the 69f area or they get pithium issues
but there are also product that will help with the heat but then again your using oxygen pots isn't that more like a flood and drain system?
if it is i don't think the res being a bit over 69 would be an issue but the pump that moves the water does cause heat so id would also check the temp in the pot after its pumped in

JIMMY6K:adore: a better cannabis godfather, there is none. Gratitude

Your too kind Peaky..:thanks:
Helping and sharing is what 420 is about.I would have never made it this far had I not had help from so many awesome member's.
You'll bounce back from this little mishap and will learn a lot dealing with deficiencies.:high-five:

Thank's for stopping in Ranger...:Namaste:
Chronic...You da man bro.:high-five:

OK couple of things with the oxy setup :)
If you don't have air stones and an air pump get one! You see there is a massive drawback with this system and when combined with the GLR schedule your using your gonna hit a wall soon!
The oxy pot system really helps fast root development, GLR having more dark period will also give mad root development. Here in lies the issue :)
Basically your roots will extend down into your buckets and pipelines! This extended root mass will sit in the slight pooled water that doesn't drain back. Once this bit of moisture is done they start to suffer!
This system in my opinion is great if you want fast growth and short veg. If you push a long veg and then flower by the end your extended roots are beyond management!
Then please be very careful with your res, mine failed around the main bottom drain valve and buggered my run up lol.

Can I ask how many times your feeding per 24hrs?

yeah i would listen to Chronic and light addict dude. trust me they know. i learn alot from them also.
many has. :rofl::rofl:
them guys are the men on that one.
:lot-o-toke:

im simple grower

ok I went through the journal kinda zipped through what I did notice immediately with all the pics is the really low humidity like you said in one post
your in veg try to get it up at least to 60% heck even in the 50 something percent range would be better than 25-28 percent
maybe hang a wet rag in there somewhere
put a pot or bowl of water in there preferably where the heat can help it evaporate so it creates humidity
also good to have a bottle of ph up and a bottle of ph down just in case you need it
I use organic nutes in dwc so I strictly follow my feed chart as soon as my seedling has a taproot coming out of the bottom
it goes into the netpot with week one on my schedule, another thing youll probably be ready next round good to have everything you need before you start so you don't get stuck waiting on things when you need them, I haven't used the nutes you use so I cant help you there
I started with the nutes i use now so obviously i haven't changed only difference now is i used the advanced feed chart and made some modifications on some of the amendments, like the sweet product i substituted and i recently added a product called terpinator to help with the trichome production but under led's the trichome production is already great and a lot of people using a lot of different led's do notice the difference i myself started using the same led's i have now with no problems and no heat issues the reason why i went with led's for that very reason cause it never gets really cold here so im always worried more about heat issues especially being in hydro
and with the nutes i use i have had no issues even with my res in the mid 70's on the high end, jimmy steered me over here so if you got any other questions don't hesitate ill be hanging out :thumb:

on another note most people say to keep res in the 69f area or they get pithium issues
but there are also product that will help with the heat but then again your using oxygen pots isn't that more like a flood and drain system?
if it is i don't think the res being a bit over 69 would be an issue but the pump that moves the water does cause heat so id would also check the temp in the pot after its pumped in

Chronichemphog thanks for the load of info! Jimmy6K is hands down the best cannabis godfather around. My two girls are lucky.

Humidity: I'll try the rag trick next go round for veg definitely. For a bit I tried the bowl of water and it helped 5% or so but I tossed it after a couple wks.

Ph up and down was probably one of my first purchases lol still got the original ph up, had to replace ph down twice. It's this damned poison tap water. For a stretch I used lemon juice but that stuff is like using a wet bandaid on a gunshot wound..

I just added Terpinator to my set up 5 days ago. The guy at my hydro shop swore by it and told me bud candy would at best be a feeble attempt to produce the results Terp would.

My res stays at at high 60s to low 70s no prob. Think I read somewhere the magic number was 72 degrees..?

This is absolutely a flood and drain system. No complaints about the oxy pots or the sturdy ass grates in the bottom, but these green buckets are a weak point for sure.

Back
Top Bottom