Perpetual Grow Among Other Things!

Lovely plants as always :bravo:

Thank you SAN.. more of a recent success. I had issue's before and i am glad it is becoming a memory...

Thanks VI.. Live has stepped me up to the next level... Thanks!

Doin good in here my friend

Thanks! I really find it a joy to look at things when it looks good... horrible feelings when it wasn't so good. People who do not grow cannibus think it is easy.. well yes it is not horribly hard.. but to get the really good results it is alot of little details to pay attention to and keep going right. Not truly as easy as you would think. That balance is not easy to achieve and hard to maintain. Glad it is becoming easier for me.

Thank you for all being involved!

:peace:

FE

No slowing down on this one!

So as the title says... Things are still plugging along as it is suppose to happen.

I switched my veg light to 6 hours off mid day. For one it is a 500 watt veg light... lol .. It's not critical but I will use a good amount less energy on it. saves money. Plus it is starting to feel like spring and summer is around the corner. The temps may start to be an issue soon so I want it setup efficiently so I can monitor it effectively.

I ordered all the nozzles to make an aero cloner but I have not tried it yet .. well built it... My cloner works ok but I need a lazier setup. Aero seems like it will be better for that. My cloner burns through the water due to the fogger cooking it.... I keep forgetting to top it off etc... So for the fun of a project and etc eventually I will try that out...

Funny I redid veg some after the pics but did a good amount right before.

IMGP13072.JPG

Very empty but not for long.....

IMGP13131.JPG

These guys above will be going into veg soon just like these two below.....

IMGP13111.JPG
IMGP1308.JPG

They are PC's and barely had tap roots But i wanted to ditch the DCC plant in here so I pulled a couple clones off it and needed the slots on the cloner.... I feel like I could use Coco to clone into direct. So small roots should be fine.... Coco has no issue growing roots once they start for sure... These literally just went in and haven't even been watered yet...

IMGP13102.JPG

This TW was topped and lollipopped tonight... I was also going to up pot it but nah I'll wait for it to recover. It has weeks until it will hit flower... I am maxed in there and BK is next....But this TW has been super hearty and its clone just hit flower for the last spot so idle time for this lady for a bit.

IMGP1309.JPG

This ACDC got defoled as well but not super heavy or topped. I am not even sure if it will go to flower as that would be a long time away... I am really debating outdoors on this one.... but shouldnt really bother as it's use will be limited and I have a beautiful one in flower....

IMGP13121.JPG

And above is that BK. I am stoked for this to go to flower but it has some time. I will grow it out and clone it and top it at some point. I am being patient with it and want to grow this one out right this time...

So I have decided for some runs to top them a few days before flower. I want to keep the center cola from out growing the rest of the plant so I was going to see some results to decide. I use to top before but got into the natural grow thing..

So over in flower things are still well really raging... Some serious harvest work approaching....

IMGP1314.JPG
IMGP1323.JPG

Groups....

IMGP1315.JPG
IMGP13162.JPG
IMGP13171.JPG

Those three pics are the holy grail 69 and she is just BAM!.. Stretch seems to be over so 3 more weeks of cola expansion! The trics and pistils are all over the place. Looking forward to the new smoke to test. gonna be a good one!

IMGP13204.JPG
IMGP13211.JPG
IMGP1322.JPG

So those three above are the Sour Diesel and it has 7-8 more weeks.. Booyah!!! It is on a record pace for me.. I mean it is growing great for 5 weeks but if it continues like this for the remainder of the 12 weeks I will see some serious results... It also has seemed to stop the stretch and settle into production... Stay tuned on this baby!

IMGP13181.JPG
IMGP1319.JPG

PC alert PC alert! ..(above) Happens to be what I am smoking at this moment fresh from last weeks harvest. And it is remarkably clean for no cure. A good long flush on it though I am sure helped alot.

Still loving this strain and it was bag seed (2 seeds in a zip) and I have kept it going via clone even in some rough times... Maybe someday I'll get some known seeds of it...

IMGP1324.JPG
IMGP1325.JPG

This one above with the blue tape helping along some of my aggression is overall doing very well. I added some supports to some branches as I am a little worried they will snap soon. It grows so odd that it is all over unless you help it out... Still a huge question mark on this strain..

IMGP13261.JPG
IMGP1327.JPG

This one here is a fresh TW that just went into flower instead of the BK. The BK was just not ready and I had two good size TW's ready. This one is clean and ready to report for bud production. Let her journey be a healthy one!

IMGP1328.JPG
IMGP13291.JPG

And the last two Pics are of the WW that is a coupe weeks in now. Just hitting the stretch and bud development early stages. I have beat this strain up alot over the months wondering why it is considered number one in the world. But recently I have found it helps me with insomnia a bit. My last tiny harvest has grown on me I guess...

I like my variety is what it all boils down to. I guess that is why I grow in the fashion I do. I have 6 different strains in flower right now. That is quite something if you think about it. Glad this community has helped me to achieve this. I thank all who have journeyed with me. This has become understandable and attainable thanks to many of you...

FE

Re: No slowing down on this one!

So as the title says... Things are still plugging along as it is suppose to happen.
I switched my veg light to 6 hours off mid day. For one it is a 500 watt veg light... lol .. It's not critical but I will use a good amount less energy on it. saves money. Plus it is starting to feel like spring and summer is around the corner. The temps may start to be an issue soon so I want it setup efficiently so I can monitor it effectively.
FE, I use a GLR lighting schedule. 12 on, 5 1/2 off, 1 on, 5 1/2 off, repeat. Several of us have tried it and like it. It keeps the plants in veg mode AND encourages rapid growth. My mentor BID was the one who turned me on to it. Germinating plants, clones, and veggers all do well with it! Great on the pocket book too! :yahoo:
I ordered all the nozzles to make an aero cloner but I have not tried it yet .. well built it... My cloner works ok but I need a lazier setup. Aero seems like it will be better for that. My cloner burns through the water due to the fogger cooking it.... I keep forgetting to top it off etc... So for the fun of a project and etc eventually I will try that out...
FE
Be sure to run it for a day or so and then check the nozzles to ensure they are flowing properly. A couple of mine partially clogged up from residue of my drilling and tapping the PVC. Another hint I use with my Aero vegger is to have an extra tote. When I change out nutes I take the top off of the ones with plants and put it on the extra tote. (protects the roots without exposing them to air) That allows you the time to check PH, ppms, and the jets.
HOZ

FE, I use a GLR lighting schedule. 12 on, 5 1/2 off, 1 on, 5 1/2 off, repeat. Several of us have tried it and like it. It keeps the plants in veg mode AND encourages rapid growth. My mentor BID was the one who turned me on to it. Germinating plants, clones, and veggers all do well with it! Great on the pocket book too! :yahoo:

So I have spent two days thinking about this.... I think I may give it a run. the only thing is i work in the room at times a couple days a week during the day. I will need to change that a bit. Any reason 12-5-2-5 wouldnt work as well? This would give me two hours a day two get stuff done if needed. And I wondered... If I was on that schedule and say I turned the lights on to work in there would it hurt anything? changing the light cycle for one day?

Thanks in advance....

FE

That WW looks better than mine LOL :thumb:

Seriously.....

Thanks ....

You are too kind.... You can also easily take some Credit VI. The nice way you convinced me to go live was genuine and not demeaning which made a difference.... I am still not ready to brew my own.. but not out of any reason other than laziness... I know if I used your recipe I would like it. Thats why for now I don't want to. But the more and more I spend on store bought zymes the quicker I will see the light....

FE

Be sure to run it for a day or so and then check the nozzles to ensure they are flowing properly. A couple of mine partially clogged up from residue of my drilling and tapping the PVC. Another hint I use with my Aero vegger is to have an extra tote. When I change out nutes I take the top off of the ones with plants and put it on the extra tote. (protects the roots without exposing them to air) That allows you the time to check PH, ppms, and the jets.
HOZ

Set it up yesterday... Got ambitious... I'll try to get some pics... Running 15 on and 45 off right now but not sure if it is too long off... I had some issue's with the tub I chose and pump combination... pump was too tall so I put one tub inside another with the bottom cut out and it seems just right... They where left over tubs that I have an abundance of from using as grow tubs before. So I was trying not to get a new one if possible.

We will see how the results go... PH'd the water and a little hygrozyme and Root enhance (GH). I need to pay better attention to the water in my cloning as I have been lazy. But I am back to using the big tub so I can take lots of them now and ditch poor ones like I originally started doing... Aero design shouldn't consume much water so it will be easier to just swap out every couple weeks.. Rather than add water every other day...

I popped 4 BK clones in there as I was doing a defol and top of the plant yesterday so they will be a good starter test.
The other clones the DCC and TW's I transferred in as well but the test from start will be the BK 's

My whole idea's behind my grows became all as maintenance free as possible... Simple designs. Some of the issue's I had before was daily stuff was time intensive and thus I didn't inspect and notice stuff as much. Now I am able to quickly check my readings and then move on to plant inspection and idea's. Much better!

Thanks guys for being involved... Love it

FE

Set it up yesterday... Got ambitious...
We will see how the results go... PH'd the water and a little hygrozyme and Root enhance (GH). Aero design shouldn't consume much water so it will be easier to just swap out every couple weeks.. Rather than add water every other day...
I popped 4 BK clones in there as I was doing a defol and top of the plant yesterday so they will be a good starter test.
The other clones the DCC and TW's I transferred in as well but the test from start will be the BK 's
Now I am able to quickly check my readings and then move on to plant inspection and idea's. Much better!
Thanks guys for being involved... Love it
FE
FE, Sounds like you are on the right track!
Any reason 12-5-2-5 wouldnt work as well? This would give me two hours a day two get stuff done if needed. And I wondered... If I was on that schedule and say I turned the lights on to work in there would it hurt anything? changing the light cycle for one day?
FE
FE, That schedule is to keep them in veg so feel free to come and go as you please. It isn't as critical as flowering. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So thanks for the props. But you did the work.

I truly am not on either side of the debate on the Live vs. Sterile. Both have their place and purpose. Both can be run not only side by side but interleaved on the same grow.

You can't find roots in nature that are not covered in symbiotic fungi and full of beneficial bacteria. Not including them in some form is literally "unnatural" and harder for the plant. I have grown Sick monsters with small root balls becasue my roots worked really well...or at least good enough. You really don't want to devote more to it then "good enough" to the root development (whatever that is...may include enough to overcome something drastic). But as soon as the root ball can support the flowers you can make in that space you are ready to go.

The issue you bring up though is a bigger thing then just understanding the way nature works. Knowing when to use which tool and choosing what works best for you is more important. That is something that goes beyond this talk of Live vs. Sterile. I personally think running live is easier on many accounts. But many disagree and they are probably right. But for me I know how to run a living res very simply as I combo up and kill all birds with one stone. That doesn't mean putting in a little H2O2 now and again in a system that is chilled and sealed isn't easier...I am sure that is.

I don't want a chiller...just another thing for me to break and cost more electricity and I can grow without it fine. Playing with the ingredients in your tea to dial in the grow is kinda fun.

I do know if I have a fancy system and definitely if I have a true sealed system I am gonna break it. And my cats seriously can open doors and go in my garage whenever they want. So it is hardly in a sterile location. I aint no pro who can set up a dedicated space not at their home without pets...I am stuffed in the corner of a garage. Hence my needs and setup demands are very different then some people who run sterile so I use different tools.

Anyway if you want maintenance free...have you tried anything like what I am running? I mean I basically just add water without any major fertilizers. And I only watered 4 times in Veg, no major nutes but my Tea which I gave once to all of them and once to just 2 plants that are on a different schedule. Those 2 are clones from the last grow...Still no major nutes. I have only watered twice since so I am up to 6 waterings at day 61. Now they are not the best... but It is my first try at this method and the things that are not right are for simply not following on recommended pot size I think.

I have been meaning to make a tea for a week and have been putting it off for tonight and here I am writing you.

Yeah slow release nutes...good luck with that. That may actually stunt the plant having the PPMs going up all day long. Or would you have an array of ice cubes at various PPMs and adjust the res PPM according to what ice cube you are selecting? This hurts my brain I need to go get high and make that tea. Yeah so if you have a blast chiller and could mix up top off and freeze it to the right size cubes to last until the next cube is needed...but then the plant has to eat as fast as you as feeding ice cubes. I think you would have to supplement as you just would not control it.

Yup time to go get high.

What a really good post VI ! When the light switched on for me with topic was when I realized as you had told me, That I do not need to be live all the time. I pretty much am.. But I use it more as a supplement and my insurance that the good bacteria is winning. Some people will sterilize everything in between grows... I run perpetual so I feel like I add the bennies to keep things healthy because i don't. I will every once in awhile run the res's empty and flush them with tap. But so far DTW the res's are healthy. Just add as needed is really good. One a week has been the average so far and that is great.
I was really careful to stay clean in my grow and I still had issue's so yah I realized it is hard to stay sterile. Not impossible but harder than live for sure.

Kinda got off track on that but yah I appreciate you helping out. Even when I trying to stay sterile. I understand it must be hard seeing people struggle and you know it will cure it. I know it was obviously the problem for me as the results are astounding compared to anything I have grown before. I am staying on the PH and PPM's and letting it do it's thing. Working like a charm. Wifey is even impressed. She wants me to grow other stuff in my setup I said only if you hand me seeds... No foreign plants allowed!

FE

Yeah slow release nutes...good luck with that. That may actually stunt the plant having the PPMs going up all day long. Or would you have an array of ice cubes at various PPMs and adjust the res PPM according to what ice cube you are selecting? This hurts my brain I need to go get high and make that tea. Yeah so if you have a blast chiller and could mix up top off and freeze it to the right size cubes to last until the next cube is needed...but then the plant has to eat as fast as you as feeding ice cubes. I think you would have to supplement as you just would not control it.

Yup time to go get high.

If you could make these up as feeding cubes.. Like this cube and 5 gallons equals 700ppm ... And they could stay in the freezer for a long time good.. That would be very interesting...

FE

It kills me people standing on some bogus principal because they think it matters. Like I try to run organic and this run I am doing no fertilizers. Great. But that is only becasue I am doing it to journal this for some people. In general though (in normal grows) if I need something I aint gonna run to the store to get some organic thing if I have some chem fert on the shelf in my garage. Like all this stuff can be mixed up if you know what you are doing just fine. So you need to listen to the plants and do what they want and that may mean cycling things around a bit more than you originally thought.

I run multiple plants multiple strains side by side and you can not run them on the same fertilizer schedule for optimal results. You can run them the same but one will look great and the other will look okay, or both will look okay, but to really nail them they will have different needs if they are very different strains. So you need to read the plants and adjust accordingly.

People think they can duplicate a certain thing and many can but that should not be the goal. Like snowflakes each of our grows are unique and we should treat them as such and make appropriate adjustments for our situation. And do so for the strains for optimal results. Following some blind schedule from the side of a bottle is not a path to true success. Only after documenting well a few grows of a strain or line of clones can you dial in the right regimen and then go on auto pilot. But there are so many factors involved like light quality and airflow and bla bla that there is no one size fits all recipe.

My plants have a case of the fuzzies! In a good way!

So that is the catchy title to suck you in.. But wait that isn't until later in the show... That way you have to make it through the whole episode.. Capiche? ;)

So things are still rocking it out.....

first off i built the Aero cloner.. Lets take a look at that...

IMGP1330.JPG
IMGP1331.JPG

It's loaded up with BK clones and the clones that where in the old cloner... TW and Dcc's. So I guess I am back at cloning for awhile to play with this set up... so far all the plants stood right up tall and looked better within a day or two compared to how sluggish they looked in the old cloner..

So over in Veg And the Misc ACDC plant..

IMGP1333.JPG
IMGP1332.JPG

I ditched one ACDC plant that wasnt still dead after like a month of no water but got sick of seeing it.. The plant in Veg became a mom and the smaller plant went into veg.. Say that twice.. phew...

Couple highlights of veg...

IMGP13351.JPG

TW I heavy defoled and topped... needs a bigger pot.. maybe tomorrow... The top did a good job to make a canopy... nice plant...

IMGP1334.JPG

Above the BK was just defoled for clones and Topped... Looking forward to the results... Beaut as well!

Veg is kinda empty.. there is a couple small PC clones that are rebounding from a rough cloning.. They will be fine though.. But I do have a heavy wave that are going into Veg from cloning soon...

So over in flower.... I think the Sugar man stopped by....

IMGP1337.JPG
IMGP13362.JPG

Things are smokin hard... Got some serious stickiness happening...

IMGP1338.JPG
IMGP1339.JPG

This is the acdc that is finicky... I took it off feeding and flushed it some then started back on refeeding.. I've been warned don't expect it to perform as I would expect.. Just keep proceeding...Not looking too bad really!

IMGP1341.JPG
IMGP1340.JPG

Then above is a TW that is the newest one in here and stretching yes we can! I have forgotten how beautiful stretch is because my last few runs didn't really get it from my short comings.

IMGP1342.JPG
IMGP13432.JPG
IMGP1344.JPG

Then that one is the WW... It is a few weeks in now if i recall and look how all the plants the leaves are reaching right up to the lights.. I do some tucking of them some nights but when I don't it sure shows....
Clean Runs of these should tell me alot.... About my abilities and the strains...

So now onto the other side of the room!

IMGP13451.JPG
IMGP1346.JPG
IMGP1347.JPG

That is the Sour Diesel! Holy Sugar Balls! I mean really look at it it looks sprinkled on... ok I 'm back now.... Many weeks left on this fine looking girl!!!

IMGP1350.JPG
IMGP1351.JPG
IMGP1352.JPG
IMGP1353.JPG

Then above is that Holy grail and let's just say it doesn't want the SD to get all the attention! Same deal like sprinkle sprinkle...

Must be doing something right....

IMGP13491.JPG
IMGP1348.JPG

Then we have the PC that is finally slowing down some on the stretch... Nugget time! ..It is my tallest plant and lets hope this one is the best yet!. It really loved the jump to flower and stretched right up nice. It should allow ample light to get to all the interior... I have had my best luck with this strain. Such a pleasure to grow..

So that about sums up this update.. brought to you by Far East Buds on the Newest England Bud Network!

Thanks for tuning in

Back
Top Bottom