HashGirl Implements A Perpetual Grow

This is true and I absolutely agree. We indoor and greenhouse growers don't have the natural predators the outdoor plants have.

So the environment is skewed a little more to the pest side since there are not very many predators indoors.

We can use organic bacteria the same that work with our roots to also help with pest control.

I use these 2 products they are both systemic for plants and both bacteria are found and grow in soil. The fungicide has been proven to help plants grow bigger larger biomass = higher yields.

Monteray Garden Spray - mites, gnats and other fine critters even good for cat and dog fleas. Active ingredient is spinosad. Not harmful to bees because bees dont pollinate cannabis. The bees know it.

Active ingredient:

Spinosad: is a natural substance made by a soil bacterium
that can be toxic to insects. " NPIC

Southern Ag - Garden Friendly Fungicide - Mold, PM, bud rot, blossom end rot and many others.

Active ingredient:

basilus amyloliquefaciens strain D747 - "B. amyloliquefaciens strain D747, is a naturally occurring bacterium that is found in close association with roots, leaves and other plant parts. It is reported to prevent the establishment of disease-causing fungi and bacteria by rapidly colonizing plant surfaces"

These should be available world wide as organic fungicides and pesticides.

I added the active ingredient since this is a world wide forum.

Anyone can search by the active ingredient and find the product that uses these active ingredients.
yo, yo, yo HashGirl,

saw this and wanted to share, not sure if you’ve tried the BA 747… Spinosad is always on the shelf here but never had pm, so I’ve never tried the BA 747…

here’s link from where I copied above 420 outdoor growers section

yo, yo, yo HashGirl,

saw this and wanted to share, not sure if you’ve tried the BA 747… Spinosad is always on the shelf here but never had pm, so I’ve never tried the BA 747…

Before anyone asks, that's:
"(Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747) is an OMRI listed broad-spectrum preventative biofungicide and bactericide for use on a wide variety of ornamentals, fruits, vegetables and herbs grown in greenhouses, nursery and shade houses."

I did wonder about this warning though:
"4-hour re-entry (REI)" [re-entry interval]

yo, yo, yo HashGirl,

Thank you, 013 and nice to see you pop by. But, Shed's post below has me a little concerned. I can't completely seal off the grow areas but there is a door that I could close that would prevent most of it getting into the main part of the house. I'll see. I've bookmarked both to look into.

Before anyone asks, that's:
"(Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747) is an OMRI listed broad-spectrum preventative biofungicide and bactericide for use on a wide variety of ornamentals, fruits, vegetables and herbs grown in greenhouses, nursery and shade houses."

I did wonder about this warning though:
"4-hour re-entry (REI)" [re-entry interval]

Thank you, 013 and nice to see you pop by. But, Shed's post below has me a little concerned. I can't completely seal off the grow areas but there is a door that I could close that would prevent most of it getting into the main part of the house. I'll see. I've bookmarked both to look into.
HH, How come you don't spray everywhere and take a day-trip or go visit someone (that's okay with 4+ hour visits).

Try some overkill.

HH, How come you don't spray everywhere and take a day-trip or go visit someone (that's okay with 4+ hour visits).

Try some overkill.
That's kind of what I was thinking. I could spray the rooms while wearing PPE, shut the door and go out for the day. I just need to find the product @013 told me about.

I don't know. :hmmmm:

There were a lot and they were moving quickly. Kinda gross, really. If I had to describe them, I'd say they were off white/pale yellow and rectangular in nature.

I don't know. :hmmmm:
In our house, we get everything. Although, normally we get just get ants and :dude-knocking:, I haven't seen any yet. We have had mice this year; 2 have been captured. But, I've had aphids or thrips in the past. And, voles and chipmunks. :laughtwo: We get spiders, ants, flies and the odd hornet/wasp/moth, usually when the weather is warmer and we're in and out a lot. But, definitely ants, spiders and flies year round. And, sometimes centipedes in the bathroom. Those things creep me out as much as the aphids/thrips do. Can you tell I'm high? :laughtwo: This is probably way too much info. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Ladybugs In the spring & late fall, look for warm areas that have lots of fallen dry leaves
Soon after sunrise or just before sunset
Flip some tomato cages upside down, stomp around in the leaves & watch the ladybugs climb up.
Use a pop bottle with the top cut off & inverted, to make a trap
Then just keep flicking them in
Release in your grow room

Ladybugs In the spring & late fall, look for warm areas that have lots of fallen dry leaves
Soon after sunrise or just before sunset
Flip some tomato cages upside down, stomp around in the leaves & watch the ladybugs climb up.
Use a pop bottle with the top cut off & inverted, to make a trap
Then just keep flicking them in
Release in your grow room
I ordered ladybugs online one year, and released them in the basement grow. They took care of a lot of tiny critters. Just a few will help.

Fucking bugs! I hate bugs.

Pineapple Express-Day 57F-bug-h.jpg

Poppy hasn't needed to be fed for a week and so, even though she's only at Day 57 of Flower, she's not drinking so I decided to check her trichomes and this is what I found. :eek:

Her leaves didn't look good when I got home from Cuba but I just marked that down to the fact that Felonious was 2 days late feeding them when I was away.

I've now treated her with Safer's and know I should check Lana and Lola, the Lamb's Bread ladies but so far am putting it off. Lights go off at 1 p.m. If I'm going to check them, they need to be checked by then.

Maybe I should give up growing altogether. What with the ongoing PM and now, bugs, it's like the gods don't want me to grow my own medicine. :(
Look up budworm caterpillars. They are larvae from moths I believe, and feed off the buds. That's what it looks like to me. They can be very tiny starting out.
Just a thought....

Anything caterpillar related can be treated with BT spray, which is designed exactly for those suckers!

1708729352251.png
Yep i use it prior to seeing the moths. I had way less damage last summer by going at the plants in veg stage and very early flowering. I do get a strange satisfaction out of sticking a toothpick through them when i hunt through the buds :)

*** HARVEST UPDATE ***

Good afternoon.

The last time I reported on Poppy was February 21 when I posted the trichome pics with the aphids / thrips in them. I treated her for the bugs on the 21st and then harvested her on March 4. Here is her final info and pics:

420 Update for Poppy - February 21 to March 4, 2024.jpg

Pineapple Express (Poppy) - Sativa-Dominant Photoperiod

Days in Veg - 100
Days in Flower - 65
Projected Flowering Period - 49 to 63 days
Harvest Date - March 4, 2024
Final Yield - 28 grams

Poppy - Day 57F:

Poppy - Day 63F (Harvest Day):

Poppy - Trimming Day:

To be continued...

*** PERPETUAL IMPLEMENTION GROW CONCLUSION ***

The harvest of Poppy concluded my perpetual grow. I've decided this grow was a fail for me. I battled PM for most of it and bugs for some of it. I grew my first regular plant (Purple Satellite) but found it too stressful to do again. I grew 10 autoflowers that were supposed to be photoperiod plants and between being sick for 2 months and having far too many plants all growing at the same time, I've definitely decided that I don't want to do another perpetual grow.

Without further ado, here are the final numbers:

Perpetual Implementation Final Numbers.jpg

Strains Grown Between September 22, 2022 and March 4, 2024:

2023 Perpetual Grow Results - Bonnie to Clem.jpg

2023 Perpetual Grow Results - Cleo to Lily.jpg

2023 Perpetual Grow Results - Mala to Skyla.jpg

2023 Perpetual Grow Results - Suzy to Zoe..jpg

Thank you for following along. This grow journal is now complete. Stay tuned for my Purple Ghost Candy journal plus a new grow journal for the rest of what I plan on growing next. I won't be back with a journal until May at the earliest.

Wow you are so organized HG, really detailed work over a metric crapton of plants!!

everybody is on the PGC bandwagon and I’m sure you will slay it

Thanks, 013, it sure was a metric crapton of plants! My grow licence actually allows for 25 plants inside but unless I'm splitting the job with someone else, I'm not going to do it again. I've decided to grow a maximum of 12 plants at a time. After all, I'm the only person who uses cannabis in our house. :battingeyelashes: The problem is there are so many strains I want to grow.

It's the Candyland in the PGC that has me intrigued, well that and the potentially gorgeous purple flowers. She'll be outside and requires up to 84 days of flowering so I'm hoping I'll get to see them. I grew Candyland in this grow and have tried it 3 times and had a good time each time.

Thanks for that great wrap-up of your perpetual, and congratulations on the final harvest of the line! :welldone:

Thanks, Shed. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's tracking the details. I love tracking stuff. There's a website called List Challenges dot com that I use for posting some of them, usually books and movies and sometimes music.

Speaking of PM, my potassium bicarbonate arrived today, so tomorrow I'll be testing it out before I use it to wash the Queen G auto when I take it down. I'll post the results in my thread at some point!

I didn't really give mine a chance before I harvested the plants. I'll keep an eye out for your results.

Mmmm Pineapple Express is one I want to try! Enjoy! Thanks for the wrap on this perpetual! See you in the new ones! ☘️ 😍

Pineapple Express is one of my favourites as the high is a little racy, which I love.

Good job HG. I can see the perpetual grow was full on with dealing with everything. I'm also keen to hear how the Pineapple Express tested.

Thanks, Stunger, I don't know if it's worth testing it at $120 a test when I only got 28 grams from her.

Congrats on the harvest and concluding this journal. Looking forward to your next grow.

Thanks, Carmen. When I start my next grows, I'll post the links here, one for the comparative grow and one for everything else and anyone who wants to follow along can follow me easily.

Back
Top Bottom