Perpetual Grow Among Other Things!

Sorry to see that the pythium is back FE, hopefully now that you went live it will disappear quickly.

I read that botanicare's aquashield/hydroguard is awesome for prevent and getting rid of root rot but since I couldn't find it at my hydro store I got GH subculture B and M, a tad expensive but no problems so far. Good luck with your choice of bennies! :Namaste:

Sorry to see that the pythium is back FE, hopefully now that you went live it will disappear quickly.

I read that botanicare's aquashield/hydroguard is awesome for prevent and getting rid of root rot but since I couldn't find it at my hydro store I got GH subculture B and M, a tad expensive but no problems so far. Good luck with your choice of bennies! :Namaste:

Good call the GH was going to be my primary choice but they didn't stock it. For some reason my hydro guy is against the botanicare stuff and I have no idea why cause he sells alot of it. So i went with those three but only due to me not really caring about the cost of it. It was something proven and used by tons so it has to be decent.

That was just to get things rolling again but live this time... So when I use it up I will go with something else after I have researched more. Well rethink it and go from there.. could stay same who knows...

I am pretty confident this will take care of it... but so was I last time....

good to have you back SAN!

:peace:

FE

Finally something with pics.

So I finally snapped some pics.... Things are really turning around well...

So here is Veg dont forget everything is still far from perfect they are all recovering...

IMGP11841.JPG

This is the whole room shot of the veg table but lets look closer...

IMGP11851.JPG

This is an ACDC clone that is doing very well for what it is at... There is a few more ACDC's coming up too as cloning is the only way for me to replicate it.

IMGP11862.JPG

PC with another ACDc behind it... PC was just in a solo a few days ago and is very light.. it has struggled heavily from all the changes... Theres hope though. It is looking better than recently.

IMGP1187.JPG

TrainWreck has become popular to me... So this one is still young but took from clone very well to continue the strains journey.

IMGP1188.JPG

White Widow.... So i like it but not a fave.. I do enjoy it but this strain is more mild on the THC side... I have seeds and debated dropping it for now.. We'll see... Others swear by it...

IMGP11891.JPG

Another TW.... One may become a mom.. with coco it is super easy I am learning...

IMGP1190.JPG

these DCC's ... GRR strain is delicate... Maybe I'll kill it off for now and grow it later when I am more dialed in... I am just not sure yet...But two runs and nothing good yet.. First run yielded well but had nanners both times now.. Yet i do know both times it was my fault...

IMGP11911.JPG

ACDC

IMGP11921.JPG

The next girl to hit flower...
ACDC.. Probably even this weekend... It seems ready... It has loved the big pot and overall is just growing...long and stringy...

The mother is dying off in a 1 gal pot in a corner... no water over a week now... lol still doesnt look bad.. no worse than feeding it Pyth water ..lol

So Lets go take a look at Flower....

These are the overalls...

IMGP11942.JPG
IMGP11932.JPG

You can see the mist from the humidifier in one..lol

So good and bad.... I noticed right off that i am way hot on nutes and yup 1200 is way too much... Back down to 800 or so.. But i wondered if adding Tap will kill off the good bene's so if the foam dies down too much in a day I may add a tiny bit more... The water is clear but little black miniscule flecks in it... dark and cant see to the bottom of the rez so.. well have to count on it working for now...

IMGP11952.JPG

The SD had some littlee tip burns and undergrowth burn so I knew it was eating too much.... looks good though...

IMGP11972.JPG

The HG is really stretching and loving it in flower.. just a few days and it is doing very well... It didnt get the tips as bad but as well didn't like the hot feed...

IMGP11992.JPG

This PC is actually still budding up well and not way ahead of schedule. Not like the DCC did. It did lose all it's foliage but is continuing on now what seems like a rough but still developing path. As long as it continues like this i will let it...

IMGP11981.JPG

This WW is in flush and needed water today so it must be drinking... It will come down this weekend. Should be another completed.. but disappointing grow....

IMGP11964.JPG

This one i dont think will see completion. Maybe even another day...It is still stunted and seeing the growth around it... I am not sure it is worth the time anymore. I am mostly just worried that it will hermie. No need to mess up plants that are doing really well now to save one that isn't. I hate losing a plant of one of my top strains but probably better off and i popped another seed so soon enough...

So i guess that is about it for now... So far so good on the live res... but was with sterile for awhile too...

Patience and read the plants.. right now they say they like it...

Be safe...

FE

BK got bagged up last night will chop it tonight... I think it was getting nanners... no I am actually sure of it but looks like thy have not popped yet so could be lucky... Tonight I will give a bath to everyone in flower just to be safe... Well just the two next to her.. the two on the other side it would be too late cause they are in heavy budding....

So I have chopped one early and one to trash so far.. That pythium is bad ass shit.... Only two more in flower that are from that batch and one is flushing and that PC is so far handling it well and still swelling so .. still watching it...

FE

Vote him MOM. VilliageIdiot

Ok so first off Kudo's to VilliageIdiot as he has been PMing me back and forth about stuff I will bring up here as well... He really is a wealth of knowledge and hat's off to you...

You my friend are a gentleman and a scholar...

No need to thank me for reps..

FE

Pictures, Dilemmas, Concerns, and some good growth!

Ok so I happen to have some time here to do an update and some pics... so here we go...

First off my concern and dilemma are sort of the same... With a live res the PH is rising daily. I can add PH down and it will rise up the next day. I keep correcting it but the health of the res and plants are great. Growth is great all over.. The res looks as good as I can tell. I am due to refresh the bennies in each res but they are not low just time wise the bennies should be dying off. The foam on the surface of the water is actually still great in both res's. Flower slowed down on foam for a day because I am sure the chlorine in my tap water hurt the bennies (i added 5 gallons to drop ppm) but the foam was definitely back today... Better be good foam.. it does look it as it appears the same as when I added bennies to start with...

So i will add 5 gallons of a full mix of Ph'd nutes and bennies to each res today or tomorrow and then let the ph roam some... I'll watch them close and hopefully it will be good. The bennies try to bring the PH to 7.0. It has not hurt the plants but I keep readjusting it daily... It goes right back. so they get fed 12 hours after I adjust it.. So i am sure they are getting fed with up there on PH...

If the theory is right though.. The nute scale will be different because the live bacteria is breaking down the nutes and supps in res and allowing different uptake levels of different nutes? I get the theory as soil is totally different on uptake and such.... no idea.. we'll see....

This is all my opinions though after listening to a few people that I trust. I take what I can from it and make a plan cause everyone has a different setup and even understanding of mine...

So now that all that legal and disclaimer stuff is over with lets look at some plants...

Veg says.....I'm Back!!!!

:thumb:

IMGP12001.JPG

Funny looks small in there because the ACDC finally hit flower tonight... but lets get back to that....

IMGP12021.JPG

PC is still light colored but looking better than ever in the 1 gallon pot... It should start exploding soon.

IMGP12032.JPG

TW?? WW? i forget... Anyway it is growing well... going to flower probably... not sure.. I know not soon after this point they usually pop hardcore and decisions need to be made...Have to start sceduling stuff soon... Room was plentiful but one less slot tonight...

IMGP12053.JPG

This one is a TW.. next wave...

IMGP12044.JPG

ACDC... next wave...

IMGP12012.JPG

This WW is next into flower I bet actually.. It is the hearties and biggest. I know it is not my fave as I previously mentioned but a last strong run of it would not at all be disappointing... lol

IMGP12063.JPG

This is my Precious MINE! BK from a fresh seed.... I love fresh seeds... I still have one last seed of it too...

IMGP12072.JPG

Last the Misc not sure what to do with clones....

So recently I have been really thinking about a seed order... I'd love to hear people's recommendations... I think I have cloning down pretty good.. So the plan is to keep ACDC going for awhile... order a good size order of beans and just pop new beans for awhile. Save atleast a seed of each to pop and keep the strain going if I ever did want to clone it etc.. But just work off beans for a bit... I do love how they grow. I have a book to record strains and tastes .. I'd like to fill it some day ;)

So over here in flower things are definitely rebounding well.. Guess I can sorta stop saying that now as it really now just is good growth stages...

IMGP12092.JPG
IMGP12082.JPG

IMGP12151.JPG

So this one comes down tomorrow am probably... I will probably cut the stock and hang it whole in the dark early and then trim it later after work... Gonna be some good nugs for a little thing... WW.

IMGP12141.JPG

ACDC to Flower!!! This may be the first one on 420... this strain I found out came from Colorado directly from some blah..wahhhn.. blaaahhhh strain .... It is my second generation as the mother just never got healthy from pyth.. this clone took well and grew nice so in it finally goes.. 6 weeks behind original plan... no biggie...

IMGP12132.JPG

This PC is really trying soooo hard not to disappoint me... She must have roots and eating and drinking.. Very few fans but they really arent getting worse.. It is growing denser in the buddage areas...;) No signs of nanners yet but i have a bad time recognizing them until they pop in my face...

If it didnt awhile ago then it probably won't now if it is indeed getting fed well...

Side note: The BK i threw away.. was growing new roots.. had it not been so stressed it had nanners it could have been saved i bet.. but bah it would probably never have yielded etc.. but the roots must be responding nowadays....

IMGP12101.JPG

This is the HG69 and watch her sativa nature do it's magic... Great node spacing and growth.. This, PC, DCC (but bah) all have that stretch I like. It makes LST very easy and such. I have some height so I like strains so far that use it...

IMGP12112.JPG

Ok so this is Sour Diesel... (you hear applause from somewhere)

12 week flower so set your seat rest back .. grab a bowl.. ok many bowls... and hang on for the ride!

Notice the Albino leaves... no?? Well then rub your eyes... how bout now

IMGP12122.JPG

So that is happening on some of the leaves on one side of the plant... Weirdest thing.. seriously.. The fan leaf has 7 blades 3 are completely white the others are totally normal.. Not like a deficiency thing.. got me.. looks genetic...

Look close neat stuff to see in person...

So will buds turn out half white?

This plant started stretch a little behind the HG and i do not think it will get as tall... I think I may actually need to thin out the interior of it some it is think in toward the stock...I HATE defol in flower... so I either need to soon or not at all but... iinngaatt... never worked out good for me yet... So overall growth is all back on track and showing good things... Need to keep a close eye on things with the PH concerns... The plants should tell me if they like it.

So that was tonights starting line up... Glad you could watch the game with me tonight....

FE

Looks Like your doing a lot better Brotha :thumb:

Absolutely.. Thank you for noticing... Yes things are growing just how i envision they should now. Definitely on the up and up. I now need to be more diligent than ever to keep it this way... Thinking back i now realize this was an issue longer than I thought. well other issues that probably helped the baddies along.

I have to say thanks again to VI as he has taken the big brother role and keeping me focused and not thinking too far ahead. I need to treat for this really for ever. Just less aggressive once i am convinced it is all good.. that will be weeks still though. Improving means i am going in the right direction... Not cured.

Thanks all

FE

White Widow Down!

So I just cut it and hung the whole plant. I will cut it up tonight. Only 4? 5? huge buds.. small plant but i bet those are gonna be sweet. Those nugs did get dense... My last couple weeks procedures are doing well... I needed to run this one longer etc but it was part of the bad batch so early is better than nanners popping out or something since most of its life it was stressed...

I added 5 gallons of low PH'd water last night with a new batch of the bennies for each...
No nutes or cal/mag just the bennies. The PPM was still pretty high in both res's so I was cool still diluting it down some more. Top feed in DTW I keep forgetting PPM's should be way lower than recirculating... Not forgetting I just am not on with the math yet.. keep toning it down...

So now I have figure that I will need to add the bennies back in at least every 5 days...for now... If the PH is rising because they die off and the bad bacteria is still present then being aggressive and more often for now will be good. i am hoping that is my PH issue. My plan will be to watch the plants and the PH to notice trends etc and adjust accordingly. Hopefully it will start to make patterns I can learn from... so far it is still a little confusing. well all over the place but i see it.. it's reading it. That is the issue.. but getting a better understanding daily....

Thanks for hangin whit me...

FE

Congrats on another harvest FE, even with all the problems going on that WW was looking very nice! Small but packed :cheesygrinsmiley:

And about the seed sugestions you asked a couple posts ago, I've only grown CKS Revolver so far but those are the ones in my wishlist due to very good smoke reports I've read so far: OG/Purple/Blue/Bubba Kush, Royale/Super Silver/Super Lemon Haze, LSD, Green C****(afghani X skunk), THC Bomb, Blue Cheese, Tutankhamon, Jack Herer and Original Amnesia. Hope it helps :Namaste:

Congrats on another harvest FE, even with all the problems going on that WW was looking very nice! Small but packed :cheesygrinsmiley:

And about the seed sugestions you asked a couple posts ago, I've only grown CKS Revolver so far but those are the ones in my wishlist due to very good smoke reports I've read so far: OG/Purple/Blue/Bubba Kush, Royale/Super Silver/Super Lemon Haze, LSD, Green C****(afghani X skunk), THC Bomb, Blue Cheese, Tutankhamon, Jack Herer and Original Amnesia. Hope it helps :Namaste:

Thanks for the list ;)
there are a couple in there I had not considered and look forward to reading about them!

Yah the WW did turn out nice. I thought it had seeds but i may be wrong I have yet to see one... That is sort of my biggest concern is pollen in the air and getting a hold of all the ladies. So critical to keep things smooth.... I trimmed it up last night and the buds are solid!

Thank you for the kind words SAN I could have done so much better on it but considering I managed to chop a plant in all the ruckus .. I am pleased...

Be safe...

FE

Reach for the Sky!

Evening folks!

Got some serious stretching going on over this way!

I have the desire to be running a new strain consistently.. And I forget the SD and the HG are untested and first run is going on now....

Look

IMG_038437.JPG

Used a diff camera so all the pics are a little weird.. Not sure if I like it...

IMG_038236.JPG

SD
It was getting very bushy in veg but in flower it has started the stretch! I love stretch..!! Give these colas some stocks to bend and spread out some!

IMG_037239.JPG

HG

This girl is pleasing me more and more daily. It is spreading out beautifully and all the cola's are picking their growing spots nicely. This is how i like them to grow. Works very easy in my set up to grow it.

I do want to do another scrog on one side of the room. I am not sure when. I would have already done it but all this fixing has me new projectless.... lol

So on the other side the PC and the ACDC...

IMG_039243.JPG

Group shot!

IMG_039439.JPG
IMG_040838.JPG

The PC is fattening right up and going to be a decent harvest. I picked off a spot that could have been a nanner starting but I wasnt sure... I am trying to finish it... One more week... I could start flush now and get it over so any day...

Then the ACDC just went in....

IMG_039354.JPG

No clue what to expect... I was told ACDC literally doesn't even need to be flowered. It is almost all cannaboid so it has that directly in the non flowering plant available for tea's and stuff immediately. I want it to flower.... I look forward to this one alot... I read alot about the way the genetics work and why it cant be seeded... It is a strain that you need to grow many from seed and then pick one that has after testing the high CBD.. it's seeds restart the genetic randomness again... So people find a good one.. and clone it over and over so they don't need to start over... Very cool stuff to learn...

So we look forward to what it does.. well I do...

WTF with that pic it is horrible....

Anyway...
Over in Veg...

So lets get to some things.... a couple plants got uppotted .. ACDC and DCC... ACDC is the second one and i think the bigger one will become a mom... I didn't plant to keep moms but Coco makes that sooo easy...

The DCC was going to be all done for me but I guess if the clone responds good.. So far it has... I will "maybe" give it a run if the timing and its health fit into the schedule...I half a good amount of this bud but all seeded with a designation for projects. But a clean run for smoke would be nice. I won't be all that disappointed if not cause I have my eye on about 45 seeds plus the freebie's from Herbie's. Almost dropped the hammer today...Had to restrain...

IMG_040946.JPG

All is well in here....

IMG_041039.JPG

Lets start right here! The Bubba Kush! I am currently enjoying some of the first run... The clone of that was the death one... bah.. this little nugget is going to be done right for sure! I am going to give her lots of attention. Fabulous tasting smoke... As I have said before one of my faves....

This stuff is why we do it....

IMG_041346.JPG

IMG_041540.JPG

Couple of TW's about a week apart in age but one had a serious defol so it really is much farther ahead...

IMG_041139.JPG

This is the DCC I am going to try to run clean... It will look better when it grows and basically all you see now will be defoled.

IMG_041237.JPG
IMG_041745.JPG

Couple ACDC's that one will grow and the other a mom.....

IMG_041441.JPG

Pineapple Chunk .. Looking better in the 1 gallon .. I think its been a week? Growing nicely and cleaning up some.. it struggled for a bit there... Expect the explosion soon...

IMG_041643.JPG

WW that is just growing up fast.. Heavy Defoled and it really was fine with it.... Well slowed it down but still growing well and should continue to... This is probably going to be next to flower... I will also probably like this better after I can run it right but no plans for clones... I have seeds still though...

So I added another full rez amounts worth of bennies into both rezzes tonight. The added some yesterday or day before as well but it was for just the fresh gallons I put in.

New plan. Water goes in with nutes and supplements and runs for a day or two... Thus letting any tap water undesirables into the res... time to evap off or what ever... I guess it is just some chlorine in there... A very small amount... But this should kill most stuff in the res or stunt it etc... So waiting a day or two and considering it empty and running the full batch of zymes and bennies should keep it very live... The foam tonight was more than I had seen.. hopefully that is a good thing.. I added more than i ever have as well.. (not over what is listed as aggressive yet) So that is the plan for res maintenance for now... Hopefully this will get keep things smooth.. As you can see so far things are staying very good...

So I will end on the WW harvest after 2 days drying

IMG_041840.JPG

Like I said not a big harvest maybe 1 zip if lucky .. but those upon close inspection are pretty decent nugs that will get a good cure.... Added to the smoke pile.... maybe the one in veg now and this batch here will convince me to pop another seed sometime...

That'll do for now!
Be Safe..

FE

So where was I ?

Before all this madness started with the pythium? well I don't know what to call it.. It wasn't Pyth according to my grow buddy. He did show me pics of exactly what it was from others and explained it but it was sensory overload when a experienced grower is critiquing your grow. Yup I had a fellow grower who has been at it a long time come visit me and critique things, help me out. Was truly a great time shop talking in front of my grow for a few hours....

So I am feeling really good about things today. amazing how things flip mentally so fast. Couple days ago I was getting frustrated again. So a couple reasons for my optimism today. For one my critique went well and he liked my setup. Criticized me for not having the capacity running... but understood i toned it down to clear stuff up. Gave me some rule and reg refreshers on how to maximize it and yah I am super under capacity... Just some interesting interpretations of the regs..

Such a treat.

Another reason is I may actually be getting the understanding of the live res thing. at least how it has to work for my set up. When I run the live stuff in it.. I need to be ready for the ph to rise up to 7.0. So I need to keep the res off the live for a bit with a good PH and let it feed. then when things are growing well and such sneak in and throw the live shit in...

It will fester and foam up for a couple days (i do notice less time now i think) and then things like the foam and PH stabilize and can be readjusted for a few days to feed again. Over time this should be a good plan for a good balance and healthy res.

I was assuming that I needed to be live all the time and i essentially am. I wont use the H202 or DMZ unless I want a total reset... but I will not do that I will let the res live even when I am doing the nute batches...

Sorta getting it I think...

That could change tomorrow....

So lets get some pictures up to look at... Things are starting to cook and look impressive!

IMGP12231.JPG

These two are from seed and remember had issues too but they where young and vibrant and took it the best... So well that I had forgotten they where stunted... Well not now for shore!

IMGP12252.JPG
IMGP12262.JPG

That Sour diesel is filling out the stretch nicely .. Hot Damn! It will have alot of inner growth even tho it is stretching... I may run the light even higher I want a good spacing and it is good but not great... Such a beauty and special with the half white leaves.. such a treat..

IMGP12273.JPG
IMGP12282.JPG

No idea how the Holy grail 69 will taste but it is a super grower so far. Look at the nugs all over the place... If I keep up on things and grow these things even close to potential my yields should be increasing pretty quickly! From the looks of it i am getting pretty dialed in.

So on the other side....

IMGP12293.JPG

There is a new addition to flower! Another WW that was the biggest of the plants in Veg. These ones I feel good as they all go in flower now as they all are growing really well in Veg... well most... but first....

IMGP12303.JPG

Thats it... The WW

IMGP12312.JPG

So this is the ACDC.. I was informed that I should not expect to ever run it clean. It is such a high concentration of CBD that it is like growing hemp. But I was told it will produce.. just never looks nice is scraggly and wilty etc...

The thing has grown tentacles in every direction! lol

I will end flower on the PC that I just started a 1-2 week flush today....

IMGP12361.JPG
IMGP12351.JPG
IMGP1234.JPG
IMGP1233.JPG
IMGP1232.JPG

This thing made that miraculous rebound from the Ick! The buds that did form etc are nice... It may be early on the flush because it has very few leaves to pull from but I am ok with it as I don't want to run any from that batch too long. They all seemed to get their flower times messed up. But this one will replenish some PC that i am missing... ;)

So over in Veg!

IMGP12161.JPG

Things are looking relatively good...
Growth on the plants is very good.. But like that damn DCC has that iron deficiency look again. What ever DCC go ahead and give me a reason to ditch you!!!

IMGP12181.JPG

Damn thing...

IMGP12172.JPG

IMGP12191.JPG

These two Tw's are great.. Love them.. I am starting to crave some more variety.. But always enjoy pulling this one out of a jar... They will probably both go to flower in schedule. or at least one.

IMGP12213.JPG

This PC is going to be a clean run. I forgot to take the picture but it is pot bound. The roots are sneaking out the water drains in the bottom all over. I need to repot and let it settle.. then off to flower next I think...

IMGP12202.JPG

And the dreaded BK ..I will get a clean run on this one and it will be good! Ok so I hope to I still have a few nugs of the not so clean run and still enjoy it!

So that about sums it up for now... plans in place.. all kinds of goodness now.. just gotta keep up on the PH as diligent as possible because a few too many days and things go south fast. Some of my strains leaves start to craw and some get that iron etc.. a problem with multiple strains is reading them. They all react different. But it speeds up the learning curve for sure.

FE

That's how it is suppose to be!

So I had to go on a 4 day business trip half way across the great country of ours this week ao I have not been around...

It was a great test of my system. I looked forward to seeing how things progressed when I got back and how stable things would be while I was gone...

So the results where spot on... PH's where "ok" 6.2/3 on both flower and veg so I added a 1/2 run of bennies and such
Hygrozyme, GW and PS

I am exhausted or I would add pics but soon I will.... Growth is amazing.. I left with a plant flushing .. the pc and it is still needing more flushing... But flower was just impressive. I am going to have some really good ones coming up... Veg is back to overdeveloping and going to get back to the log jam days .. but I have not popped new beans yet and may have to pop some more clones and such soon... at least the clones will be from healthy plants.. should help alot...

No complaints at all things are finally getting back to my DWC levels. Thank you again Village as you did help sway me to the dirty side and it has cleaned it up greatly so far. Well dirtied it. Not sure what to call it....

So just a mini update hope all is well ill get some pics up soon

FE

Back
Top Bottom