Perpetual Grow Among Other Things!

IMGP11601.JPG
IMGP11612.JPG
IMGP11641.JPG

These are a couple days ago I'll get new ones up tonight. But they are like this but still progressing towards fall.. yellowing and drying up ..

Thanks

FE

Some more Pics!

So I have a few minutes and got some new pics so let's throw up an update...

So things are progressing nicely in Veg. I now have all the clones in solo cups and 1 gallon pots....

IMGP11662.JPG

Things are really doing well but there are still reminders all over of the past issue's. Atleast this is veg and they tend to grow out of it...

The HG and the SD need to hit flower probably this weekend.

IMGP1174.JPG
IMGP11731.JPG

They really are looking nice. The HG had big fans like the SD and I cut them off. I will probably do the same with the SD in a day or so...

The one that will follow those into flower in a week or so after will be the new biggest ACDC.

IMGP11691.JPG

This thing is like growing hemp... It basically is... I already lost the mother it is so sensitive. But it cloned really easy for me... I have a few in VEG now and need to as I have no seeds.. it must be kept going with clones or mom's

IMGP11721.JPG

Here's another

IMGP1171.JPG
IMGP11671.JPG

So this Ww and TW where clones from awhile ago and look great now. They even are getting normal leaves growing. I think it has been 2 months since i have had new clean leaves growing... ok maybe just 1

IMGP11682.JPG

This BK I have no idea if it will grow or die. It had good roots but so far me and BK don't get alone... I love the strain one of my top 2 or 3 all time.... But i have run one that had nanners... one is dieing in Flower right now and this poor thing just won't take off... Not dead yet so I will keep waiting... As a test I am trying to pop a nanner seed... will they pop? Oh well gonna try...

So the next batch up and coming is in solo's

IMGP1170.JPG

Some doing better than others but all improving so far and I am happy they are now all potted...

So as you can see things are still on the recovery side but improving daily for sure....

So over in flower not so much...

IMGP1177.JPG
IMGP11751.JPG
IMGP1176.JPG

Still moving towards harvest and everything still fattening etc... The WW is suppose to start flush any time...

IMGP1179.JPG

Still on pace with this one to complete it with a new record low for me... YAHOOO.. oh wait... umm damn..

What ever..

IMGP1180.JPG
IMGP11781.JPG

So this DCC is still growing on all buds but at the expense of leaves.... So what happens when there are no leaves left? .. gonna fine out soon enough

What ever....

IMGP11832.JPG
IMGP11821.JPG

This PC also beat up bad as shit.... It is fairing even worse than the DCC as it is not swelling nearly as much.. But it did go into flower a week after the DCC so .....

What ever....

IMGP11812.JPG

This is that BK in flower...This poor thing spent a long time going from 2 weeks into flower back to veg and it did go back after a long time... to oddly growing but back into flower as BAM! the sludge hit.. and now I am sure I will have another attempt at breaking my record again....
Who's with me on this one?

So almost noobishly I want to throw some plants into flower that are healthy but all of them are not ready... I am not low on consumables besides project stuff So it is not really an issue but I hate the whole flower looking depressing every night...

So I guess that is about it for now...

Be safe

:peace:

FE

if its not nitrogen
maybe soil or root issues

Yah they definitely have root issue's I had to switch mediums from hydroton to coco... The roots where so bad that I cut most of em off... They where growing new ones before the transplant but probably not enough to completely support the plant needs... so ... well all hypothetical stuff...

Thanks for looking Cronic

One of those mini update thingies....

So the current sitch is I am buzzed so bear with me as I ramble for a bit....

WW little thing started flush yesterday... COco Rocks! I'll just flush with water by hand.... I ran through about 3 gallons of PH'd only through it and will just give it some every couple days until it yellow's up.... It may be the only clean harvest for a bit... Tiny one but clean I believe.

The other three plants in flower... ick

So the DCC has hermied... I thought I would catch it before now...

Does a hermies that have seeds pollinate other plants? I don't see nanners anywhere.. would there have to be some somewhere? It has enough buds to be worth making BHO or something so I wasnt sure if I should pull it or let it run. I only care if it will impact the others....

The PC is still dying and it will probably do the same.. hermie.. but has not yet. Still fattening up some slowly.
I pulled out one of the "choice" buds of PC the other day I miss it ;/

But I will ditch anything really at this point and debated it on all of them... The BK in flower is stunted and hasnt shown a sign of growth or stretch. It is getting tiny buds but .. well not good looking... You can see in the last pics and my next ones will show more detail.

So the HG and SD in veg went to flower today. They are ready enough... Let's hope they start the goodness that will be to come...

So veg now looks empty but i will put the ACDC that will go into flower next into a big 3 Gal pot soon... That makes it look fuller....

Veg looks really good besides the BK .. And i really want that one perpetually so I popped two beans ... one from the last plant that had nanners and one from the seed bank... I am curious the difference and really mostly care about the seed bank one but didnt mind trying...

Anyone ever have any luck with hermie seeds? Should I even bother with them?

Anyway Guess this was shorter than I thought gotta run

FE

Looking real good! :goodjob:

Thank you Hozona ! Things are improving but flower still has some issue's. Veg is back on a good track... Flower is just the plants that took the hit.. things are pretty clean and regulated well right now...

Thank you for stopping by and never hesitate to chime in!

FE

Sorry to hear about the hermi!!!:sorry:

Nanners are are one special type but really not that common. Usually they come out with normal male sacs so they are harder to find. they will pollinate anything the pollen gets to. so finding it and removing it is important.

Place a bag over the plant and seal it at the bottom so no more spreads as you remove it.

Hermi seeds are real sensitive and easy to make more hermies. yo gotta have it nailed to make those work...but they are the original femd seed :)

That DCC is dangerous! can't remember now (too many journals) but I read recently about a hermie without nanners that pollinated several other plants in the grower's flower tent.

And save the seeds for later when you have everything really dialed in because even a little stress is enough to make them hermie like their mother, in other words I agree with everything VI has said :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry to hear about the hermi!!!:sorry:

Nanners are are one special type but really not that common. Usually they come out with normal male sacs so they are harder to find. they will pollinate anything the pollen gets to. so finding it and removing it is important.

Place a bag over the plant and seal it at the bottom so no more spreads as you remove it.

Hermi seeds are real sensitive and easy to make more hermies. yo gotta have it nailed to make those work...but they are the original femd seed :)

Thank you VI for your response.. you nailed my fears... DCC will come out tonight... I have 2 zips of hermi seeded DCC already so.. Of the plants in there I am only concerned for the two I just put in last night.... I had read about how hermi seeds where the original fem seeds. But also that they tend to have a more dominant hermi trait themselves. So I definitely will save the seeds but I have to say It has been my fault both times but that thing likes to hermi easily yes...

That DCC is dangerous! can't remember now (too many journals) but I read recently about a hermie without nanners that pollinated several other plants in the grower's flower tent.

And save the seeds for later when you have everything really dialed in because even a little stress is enough to make them hermie like their mother, in other words I agree with everything VI has said :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yah you confirmed what I was thinking... thanks. Seeds will be saved for desperate times i guess.... Last time I found nanners on it but this time i have no fan leaves so it has been easy to inspect. And I have yet to see a nanner...(i had an idea to keep looking for them) Of my initial order of beans so far even smoke report the DCC is solidly in last place... Excluding my first grow of nasty bag seed...

So My testing on DCC has been unsuccessful again;/ But thats ok.. I probably will just save the two beans that i got from Herbie's left over and use them down the road. Hopefully i will be spot on then.

I think it is close to time for a new bean order ;) I now have tested all the strains i got in my first bean order besides the last two that just hit flower. I have spare beans or clones of all of them so I can keep the keepers and ditch the others but bring them back later with a bean. So i need to start thinking about pro's and Con's and what to order in my next batch of beans.. Any idea's? Do you have a top five list anyone?

Thanks for stopping by people and chiming in.. Kinda needed some 420 love....

FE

Will a water spray bath help eliminate loose pollen some?

So again a nanner is not really as common. It is a defect in the male pollen sac. So tyicvally you have to look for real male sacs which are hard to find. until you have grown out a male for its pollen it is hard to understand what they look like fully matured. when they pop they are still so small they are hard to find if you don't know what to look for.

As for breeding... that is a very complicated topic. But go back and check your strains genetics. If you are breeding an F1 or worse 2 F1's then I would probably not bother with planting them. you could get very good looking big plants that are very low potency and not know it until you sample the cured product.

If you have 2 land race strains mixing then you just made and F1 and I would plant it and treat it with care but again not be surprised if it sucked. It probably wont But F1's and F2's can be anything.

An F1 is a first generation cross. The first generation cross will grow faster and stronger and more vigorous than either parent. And F1 cross is very consistent and all the seeds from that breeding will product the same plant. that plant however could be anywhere on the spectrum of like one parent or the other. It could take on all the traits of one parent or all the traits of the other. It could take on all the best traits from both or all the worst traits from both. It could be a fast big plant with low THC and Low CBD. So if the cross is nice then great but you wont know until you sample or lab test the final product.

Taking 2 F1's and crossing them makes an unstable branch. The seeds are all over the place. Instead of them all being the same and like "this" each seed could be anywhere on the spectrum. It is great if you are doing a breeding program and looking for specific traits. plop a bunch of those down and you can find some wildly different responses and find some cool stuff and a lot of garbage.

There are many ways to develop a strain and what you do is take that good F1 or F2 and back breed it to the main line to reinforce some traits and it gets very complicated the order and ways to do it. There are multiple proven ways to do it depending on the goal but they are very well documented and complicated. Just doing what you want to try it is very hard to end up with a stable strain and you could end up breeding a line that is just whack all over the place very easily. It takes not less than 6 generations to get a stable strain and the best breeders follow a path the is 10 generation long. Again there are very specific crossings to follow (first make the F1, then mainline, then make another cross bla bla...). the nomenclature is important to understand but you drop the F and it changes after you back breed it. If you don't follow the exact formula you are running a high risk of creating a monster (in a bad way). If it were a good way it would be one of the documented breeding methods.

So go double check the genetics of the line you are growing and see if it is a land race or some hybrid that is stable or is it an F1. F1's can be awesome and when proven out they are highly sought after for growing. So many seed banks sell F1's and no land race. In fact if you look at the pricing it usually reflects the genetics quality not the THC content. a true land race strain can be very expensive because the only reason to buy that is to start your own breeding program. If you by 10 land race seeds you wont need to buy seeds again if you breed them. If you buy some F1's you will be back soon.

Many places wont sell Autos that are not feminized for the same reason that they want you coming back time and again.

Savvy?

:thumb:

So again a nanner is not really as common. It is a defect in the male pollen sac. So tyicvally you have to look for real male sacs which are hard to find. until you have grown out a male for its pollen it is hard to understand what they look like fully matured. when they pop they are still so small they are hard to find if you don't know what to look for.

As for breeding... that is a very complicated topic. But go back and check your strains genetics. If you are breeding an F1 or worse 2 F1's then I would probably not bother with planting them. you could get very good looking big plants that are very low potency and not know it until you sample the cured product.

If you have 2 land race strains mixing then you just made and F1 and I would plant it and treat it with care but again not be surprised if it sucked. It probably wont But F1's and F2's can be anything.

An F1 is a first generation cross. The first generation cross will grow faster and stronger and more vigorous than either parent. And F1 cross is very consistent and all the seeds from that breeding will product the same plant. that plant however could be anywhere on the spectrum of like one parent or the other. It could take on all the traits of one parent or all the traits of the other. It could take on all the best traits from both or all the worst traits from both. It could be a fast big plant with low THC and Low CBD. So if the cross is nice then great but you wont know until you sample or lab test the final product.

Taking 2 F1's and crossing them makes an unstable branch. The seeds are all over the place. Instead of them all being the same and like "this" each seed could be anywhere on the spectrum. It is great if you are doing a breeding program and looking for specific traits. plop a bunch of those down and you can find some wildly different responses and find some cool stuff and a lot of garbage.

There are many ways to develop a strain and what you do is take that good F1 or F2 and back breed it to the main line to reinforce some traits and it gets very complicated the order and ways to do it. There are multiple proven ways to do it depending on the goal but they are very well documented and complicated. Just doing what you want to try it is very hard to end up with a stable strain and you could end up breeding a line that is just whack all over the place very easily. It takes not less than 6 generations to get a stable strain and the best breeders follow a path the is 10 generation long. Again there are very specific crossings to follow (first make the F1, then mainline, then make another cross bla bla...). the nomenclature is important to understand but you drop the F and it changes after you back breed it. If you don't follow the exact formula you are running a high risk of creating a monster (in a bad way). If it were a good way it would be one of the documented breeding methods.

So go double check the genetics of the line you are growing and see if it is a land race or some hybrid that is stable or is it an F1. F1's can be awesome and when proven out they are highly sought after for growing. So many seed banks sell F1's and no land race. In fact if you look at the pricing it usually reflects the genetics quality not the THC content. a true land race strain can be very expensive because the only reason to buy that is to start your own breeding program. If you by 10 land race seeds you wont need to buy seeds again if you breed them. If you buy some F1's you will be back soon.

Many places wont sell Autos that are not feminized for the same reason that they want you coming back time and again.

Savvy?

:thumb:

That was an extremely well written laymen terms description! Thank you very much VI for spending the time to explain that to me. Yah way too many variables to know what i would end up with without some decent research on the possible mix. I am not sure if either or both cross bred as both had nanners and seeds... I have fresh seed bank seeds so really not worth it to mess with them at this point.. Maybe later when I get bored and want to play with genetics down the road ;) (as I look at the cross seed that had zero issue's popping).

thank you again VI you earn the reps I give you and i should do it more..;)

FE

The battle continue's!

So you may be able to guess it from the title...I have zero idea how but the pyth is back... Seriously.. I caught it very early this time but everything had to be redone again... All new air stones again and all.. But this time I added live stuff .. yup I went live...

Great White
Hygrozyme
and Plant Success

No more h202 and no more DMZ either... So it should start to grow easily now.... If this doesnt kill the baddies then I don't know what next really... This is kinds the last straw to try before I rebuild everything again... And last time I basically did do that... There isn't much that is old stuff in there and it did all get cleaned well again...

So now how do I tell if things are good...?. With live it is suppose to have some floaties right? it sure did foam up alot... So everything is all set up on top feed again but with bennies now... Hopefully the bennies can penetrate into the Coco well...

So I chopped the DCC that hermied and I could then see all the nanners.. i am surprised i didnt see them on inspecting along the way... I didnt clean it up well as I will dry it and make BHO or hash or something with all of it at once... The root ball was nasty.. it was trying to grow new ones but the majority of it was tiny and rotted...

The HG and SD that just went into flower are doing fine... The HG is stretching or continuing growing like it was in veg. ACDC needs to go in next...

I am trying to stay on some type of schedule but this Pythium is making it tough... The WW still looks smaller but good and it is in flush and next week or so will get chopped. That seems to be clean. ACDC should be ready and by then I will know the results of the live bennies.

Took 4 hours to clean and reset everything... Guess I have simplified things and gotten better at it.. That included all the new additives...

I know the bennies will last about a week or less so I will top feed with more run off as I will need to use up at least 5 gallons a week to add fresh.. Think I am using 2 gals a day so that should be easy...(veg is slightly less...Depends on what is where..)

So that about sums it up... I must be forgetting something cause I am beat.... so I may throw up a follow up post....

FE

Well it is a long story but here is a sequence of posts about a guy whose grow I saved. He had been running successfully for almost a year sterile in this setup. Then got pithyum and could not get rid of it. He tried everything money could uy and even went drastic and cut all his roots off.

After some convincing it took 24 hours to solve the problems with my tea and all his roots came back instantly. No loss of plants even though they were decent size when he chopped off all the roots.

Get a fat bowl and sit back as it is a long read to get through it all but you will be convinced and running to the store to get the stuff.

RDWC - Advice Welcome!

What's the difference between a sterile rez and a beneficial rez?

Undercurrent RDWC With Compost Tea Grow - First Journal

I think I read those when we discussed this a month or so ago... It was part of the reason if I couldn't get it under control I knew live would be the next step. With what the 3 containers i bought yesterday cost i am sure brewing my own will eventually happen. They do make it easy though. All I had to do was change my additive line up again and it isn't any different than making a batch of stuff as before...

But at a greater cost....

Thanks VI

FE

So things look good today.... The res foam has died down slightly... As with everytime i have changed the res things look good. I change it and usually it is 4-5 days before things go awry again so we'll be patient and watch. Hopefully the growth continues. I do think Veg has not had nearly the same issue's. All the 1 gallon pots that have been with plants for a while I can see white roots coming out of the bottom drain holes so the roots must be growing well... It has been slowing things down in veg but flower is where it was massively worse.. well last time .. this time I got the issues early.

ACDC still needs to go into a 3 gallon soon too..

I feel like I want to water them over and over to get all the bennies in the roots etc....lol

I try to do a Pic update soon.

Thanks for stopping by

FE

Note on Coco...

Coco is an working superb for me. I transplanted a TW,PC and ACDC into bigger pots last night and I was correct. The roots love the coco. They are all getting nice white protected buy coco roots. It might even help keep the pythium in check some as the roots would not be that healthy if it was infecting them much.

I will say this whole new setup if I can get it cleaned up and no more unwanted visitors. I feel confidence growing in me I can get some serious results. I am learning the watering patterns and getting my routine down.

Anyone who wants to try hydro... Coco is the easiest way to start. It is almost soil/hydro mix. My acdc mom I am trying to let die is going on a week with no water and it is just now starting to show the effects. I have no idea what it is eating or drinking but a week....just a 1 gallon pot...

HG and SD in flower are growing well in there... Esp the HG it is stretching already and looks like it will gain some vert.

Just some tid bits today....

FE

Back
Top Bottom