HashGirl Implements A Perpetual Grow

SKUNK SPECIAL (SKYLA) HARVEST UPDATE
The last time I updated you on Skyla was on November 27, 2023. Skyla was treated for PM once during this time period. Here are her progress photos as well as her harvest pics and info:

Skunk Special (Skyla) - Balanced Photoperiod
Days in Veg - 66 Days
Days in Flower - 78 Days
Projected Flowering Time - 49 to 56 Days
Harvest Date - December 27, 2023
Final Yield - 56 grams (2 oz.)

Skyla - Day 57F:

Trichomes on Day 57F:

Skyla - Day 68F:

Trichomes on Day 68F:

Skyla - Harvest Day - Day 79F:

Skyla - Trimming Day:

Thanks for following along. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome.

So far, all my edibles have been sweet but I'm hoping to try savory at some point.
There's an infused macaroni and cheese recipe on here somewhere that I've tried (without the bacon) and it's really good.
I'm also planning on giving these a try.
A lot of the things in the 420 Kitchen section look really good, and you can modify them to your own taste.

Congrats on another takedown, and I'm sure that the PM is lowering the THC content of the flowers, which means harvests have to be bigger to get the same effect.

"When infected, a cannabis plant experiences much more than the telltale white spots visible on its leaf surfaces. The infection impacts photosynthesis to such a degree that it precipitates leaf yellowing and abnormal growth in cannabis plants, ultimately causing reduced yield. Powdery mildew can also destroy cannabis resin, leading to reduced potency."
[I can't link to it because there's a "community" aspect to the site it came from, but it started with aroya.]

I hope you can get the tent cleaned out once you're done and put an end to the PM problem. :high-five:

Happy Thursday HG!! I'm with you on the tolerance thing. I use infused honey and add it to my coffee. I also add a slight bit of lecithin oil as a delivery binde. It's really strong. Hits really hard and fast. Caffeine and cannabis go great together!!! I also take 48-72 hour tolerance break and/or switch up on the strain as well. Congrats on your harvest as well hun!! 😎✌️

Yes they do. Why is that?
I just think it's an expeditor. Especially with a really good sativa!! I know that some pain relievers have caffeine in it for the same reason. It's just a faster intake. Mind you that I actually use most of my herb through infused honey which I usually put in my coffee. I definitely notice that it takes longer to kick in with the effects of I just eat the honey by itself. Usually about half an hour to 40 minutes. With coffee hands down in 20 minutes! This is just my opinion. Hope you have a great weekend!!😎✌️

*** KALIS MISTERY UPDATE ***
Good afternoon.

The last time I reported on Kali was November 15, 2023 when she was on Day 3 of Flower. Since then she has been treated for PM twice. Here is her info and pictures:

420 Update for Kali - November 16, 2023 to January 13, 2024.jpg

Kali - Day 13F:

Kali - Day 38F:

Kali - Day 50F:

Sorry for the blurriness of this next one:

Kali - Day 56F:

Thanks for following along. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

Still some green left on this one, and I've got PM in my tent these days (and the rest of house too) and I've been spraying every 3 days.

How are you getting rid of the PM in the rest of the house?

On the plants I'm also using citric acid or neem for non-flowering ones. I think mine comes from my garden where there was a lot of dead undergrowth I cleaned out last weekend.

Also, PM doesn't die in freezing weather:

"For the fungus, temperatures below 43 degrees Fahrenheit and above 93 degrees can delay powdery mildew development, and more extreme conditions can even kill the fungus."

On the plants I'm also using citric acid or neem for non-flowering ones. I think mine comes from my garden where there was a lot of dead undergrowth I cleaned out last weekend.

"For the fungus, temperatures below 43 degrees Fahrenheit and above 93 degrees can delay powdery mildew development, and more extreme conditions can even kill the fungus."

Felonious' cousin-in-law works for one of Canada's licensed producers and he says that the only way to get rid of PM permanently is to ditch the dirt and grow hydroponically.

I was planning on growing hydroponically when we move to an apartment but that's not for at least 6 more years.

My perception of hydroponics is that it's a lot of hands-on attention. I have hard enough of a time keeping up with them now so I'm not convinced I want to go to a hydroponic grow but I also don't love the fact that PM is not only killing my plants but reducing their potency so that's definitely something I don't want.

I'll have to see if I can find a easy to do guide. If anyone has any input on this, I would be grateful.

*** NBA DIESEL (NATASHA) UPDATE ***

Good afternoon.

Natasha and Nia are 2 plants that I wanted to show you how they were flowering. They're now 60 days in flower. You know how some 420 members do back building on their buds to get bigger colas? Well the NBA Diesels didn't need that as all their bud sites are double buds.

First off is Natasha. Natasha grew half an inch taller and 6 inches shorter since the last time I reported on her. Natasha was also treated to PM once during this time period.

Here is her info and pics:

420 Update for Natasha - November 21, 2023 to January 15, 2024.jpg

Natasha - Day 13F:

Natasha - Day 25F:

Natasha - Day 33F:

Natasha - Day 52F:

Thanks for following along. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

Not having done it I'd say the easiest hydro is hempy. Perlite in a bucket with a hole about an inch from the bottom. Same nutes as you're using now except ideally you check the pH. @bluter and @PGA Caddie grow that way.

I thought about hempy since I've had some experience with it. I also want to touch base with @Heavenly Hybrid as I believe she set up an automated watering system and that might be something I need.

Does your CIL count coco as hydro? It is technically though it might not offer the same anti-PM qualities.

No idea. I'll text Felonious and get him to ask. They're both in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario today for their aunt's funeral.

a lactic acid (milk / water) or citric acid (lemon juice / water) misting spray will do it. misting then wiping down plants with larger leaves is even better.

for pm ? neem might be a bit harsh for pm but it will work.

"For the fungus, temperatures below 43 degrees Fahrenheit

we officially have no pm here then. we're at -55c or -67f with the current windchill. my car hasn't run in 3 days.

and above 93 degrees can delay powdery mildew development, and more extreme conditions can even kill the fungus."

oh for the dream ... :p

Felonious' cousin-in-law works for one of Canada's licensed producers and he says that the only way to get rid of PM permanently is to ditch the dirt and grow hydroponically.

it helps but you can still get it. most times it comes from other plants. it's easy to bring it in from outdoor and indoor house plants will harbor it even in winter.

it won't get into the media and repeat cycle after cycle in most hydro, but you still need to look at other sources. good air circulation really helps.

I was planning on growing hydroponically when we move to an apartment but that's not for at least 6 more years.

passive or active hydro ?

My perception of hydroponics is that it's a lot of hands-on attention.

passive hydro can be easy but can tie you to the grow. active hydro can be a steeper learning curve at first and requires more gear / investment.

I have hard enough of a time keeping up with them now so I'm not convinced I want to go to a hydroponic grow but I also don't love the fact that PM is not only killing my plants but reducing their potency so that's definitely something I don't want.

if you like the way you grow now then look to environment control first to eliminate it.

Not having done it I'd say the easiest hydro is hempy. Perlite in a bucket with a hole about an inch from the bottom. Same nutes as you're using now except ideally you check the pH. @bluter and @PGA Caddie grow that way.

actually the hole is ideally 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 inches from the bottom of the bucket.

hempy or sips is probably the easiest to run. both are passive hydro.

hempy is by far the cheapest method and requires no special purchases or equipment. dollar store growing. it also releases you from soil type media or coco which can be problematic in apt / condo type living spaces.

Does your CIL count coco as hydro? It is technically though it might not offer the same anti-PM qualities.

curious about the same. it holds on in peat base media if you re-use.

I'm confused. How will a grow style or system prevent WPM?

it can harbor in soil and peat type media. other molds do as well, even beneficial.

it can harbor in soil and peat type media. other molds do as well, even beneficial.
OK but that still doesn't eliminate the spores floating in the air. If there are enough spores in the soil to affect the plant there will be spores in the air. How does a different grow system or style prevent that? Maybe I'm not understanding so you may need to break it down into simpler terms.

Back
Top Bottom