Perpetual Grow Among Other Things!

Good luck Far East Buds

Good luck Far East Buds

Thank you RO !
I need all the support I can right now...
I appreciate you always being here... You and Bama always stuck with me even when my thread got stale... I appreciate it...
Well it ain't stale now...

FE

Pythium is gross!!!

Ok so I will try to get some pics up when this is all said and done.. converted .. whatever it becomes...

I should be taking pictures allalong but I literally am using every spare moment I have to work on cleaning and stuff other than resting. Well I am posting here but I just didnt want to deal with the extra...

So last night was a serious flower tub cleaning... I had no idea... It was full of a sludge of looked like watered down pepto bismol. Disgusting.. grosss .. nasty... I threw everything away including all the air lines .. except my pump.. And that soaked in strong h202 for an hour.. That stuff you can see literally attack the Pyth. I am mixing this stuff way way stronger than anything said... Rubber gloves etc... But i have gotten some on me and damn IT BURNS... It burns...

Ok I am back now... So the res and all flower and veg are spotless... 2 new flow table are in.... set to drain to waste... Everything is still in its cleaned tubs and those get replaced today... I am off to get more coco and garden pots in a few.... I am going to make this such a simple setup that any noob like me will be able to do it...

Garden pots full of coco... Sitting in the flood table... Top feed them timed as needed.. Drains to waste... Coc is really good I can see at water retention as is hydroton. I could do the same thing in hydroton. I guess I just liked what I read about coco... and it seems alot of people do it so the info on it is great. I know I could have figured out the setup I was running but ultimately I want this down to as simple as possible and I cant thing of much more simple than this....

So I have basically 4 dead plants in flower...Not totally but really close.... They need to be fixed tonight...I have been foliar feeding them some and I am totally against it but these things have barely any roots left so I thought it may be worth a risk... They are dying from the bottom up eating themselves.. Some worse than others... I wont give up on them just yet though....

Veg is rebounding nicely... Well funny part is anything that is new clones etc are all fine.. Other than they came off hurtin plants. They never had roots reach the sludge so they are just pissed I moved them so many times.. (one more...) Veg was not nearly as bad as flower on temps....So the sludge was minor there...

So I'll try to get pics up after I get into the newer of the new setups... Just need to get it all done and let things settle for a bit... Tiring but I have done really the worst of it already...

Thanks for joining me on my Journey... Really over the last 10 months.. It sure has been a hell of one....

:peace:

FE

Finally Some Pics!

Ok so I am going to go for it .. An update with Pics.

So all the plants are transplanted and in their new homes... I went with two size pots and of course the dreaded solo cups.! One gallon and three gallon... Anything worth pulling from a solo cup goes into a gallon pot.. Anything going to flower goes up to the three gallon...

So lets take a look at the new Veg set up.. haven't I said this before?

IMGP11441.JPG

I guess there is something about it that brings me back to early days trying to grow.. reminds me of soil...

IMGP11471.JPG

Some of these looked this bad and some don't like the transplant.. some like the ACDC immediately thanked me... The solo's these three are empty until the cloner kicks it up. There is an ACDC,TW,WW, and BK inthe veg here... They should be good but transplant shock and hungry as shit I bet...

IMGP11462.JPG

Ok so ACDc in the back is now an emergency plant.. It was suppose to be in flower but with all the recent excitement... I tthink it is too beat up.. I will just use her for a few clones.. the one right closer is a clone of it and the solo cup has a pc that just came out of the cloner tonight...

IMGP11452.JPG

Ok so these two are the HG69 up front and the SD in the rear... The SD has a leaf on the top the is litlerally albino on one side and normal on the other.... Ok so anyway these two look great and really where strong enough to make it through this so far pretty well... But the roots where a mess and the transplant may be bad.. We'll see... I feel like they already looked better but could just be wishful thinking...

Once any of these make new roots with the cleaned up feedings they should all rebound.. maybe not so much in flower tho...

The ones in flower now got transplanted into three's but they wont need it... Roots where a freakin mess...

Worse than in veg for sure... In veg anything that was young and had young roots didn't get slimed as bad.. most that stuff just is going through medium change shock.

So let's do this here we go.....

IMGP11482.JPG

The new flower set up... well one side... the other side will be the same but i need another tub.. (a week on order)

Can you say .. damn....seriously.. the worst I have ever done to date.... Note to self.. don't ever let that slime happen again and tell everyone....

Just hoping that they can build up some roots now that what little they have left is in decent medium....

I'd be shocked if the PC or the DCC make it but the BK and the TW .. maybe but still not getting my hopes up....

So the lesson was another learned and now that cant happen again the same.... Everything is now all on the top feed but i can separate and thing as needed and manually water... treat... This will be fun... Pull it out throw it on the bench and go at it... All based on drain to waste so I just fill er up as i go..... I see why everyone kept saying to try it... Clean .. separate .. easy...

So individual pics....

IMGP11491.JPG

This is a DCC that was in full stretch when this hit... My last run at this one failed .. well had a few nanners so I really hoped for more on this one... Well maybe not but I havent given up on it....

IMGP11512.JPG

This PC here is mt fav or one of my fav strains.. Sad to see it like this.. Hopefully this one makes it but not expecting it on this one either... I do have clone that just took roots and went in a solo cup today so the strain will go on (plus I have some seeds still).

IMGP11502.JPG

This WW had a nitrogen problem from long ago and never took off.. It was in flower due to way too mch empty space at the time but I should have culled it.. It is browning actually and will probably live.. It is almost to harvest but will probably yield like 1/4 ounce ...rofl!

IMGP11521.JPG

And last the BK. It is looking bad now and roots as all of them are real bad.. but if it can rebound it has still the most leaves to feed off of if it needs to until the roots do recover.

The good part of the new set up is i really have so much flexibility on what can be where and how .. the four in flower are in an area designed for three.. but no issue... They all have their own pots... I will have the best compost in town... And really coco is not too bad on cost.. about double hydroton.. but it's all good.. i buy the premixed coco I could just get the bricks...nah...

Well plan is done and in place... Still some mods yet to come.. but very good so far....

Thanks for hanging with me... I certainly can show you some stuff not to do!

FE

So a quick small update as I know my fan club really wants to know what is going on! J/K my fan club only has three members.. me... myself... and I. And we already know whats up.

So no pics but let me say.... I am thoroughly impressed with coco. The HG and SD both perked right up with fresh nutes and the new medium. I was very happy. All of veg picked right up... just the BK clone still looks rough but everything else is doing real well. Finally everything is showing signs of improvement. I haven't seen anything but dying plants for a couple weeks now so this is great news...

PPm's and PH's are right where I set them... DTW.. this system is rock steady on staying put... No more recirculating so I love the fact once I mix up a batch it is exactly what they will get fed. And with COCO it is like soil but with a clean slate.. No preloaded with anything so what you feed is what they get. I totally understand why the draw to Coco. Super simple and effective. Yesterday AM the HG and SD got fed and the pot was heavy.. they drank it all and it became light late in the day.. i refed again but the Coco held the water a long time until the plant absorbed it.. and they where thirsty obviously ;) It is kind of interesting.. I can get a rough idea this way if it is drinking well..

So flower is starting to show signs of improvement.. but not as much as veg. I know flower is a more delicate time on the plant so I know it will be harder to rebound for these ladies. And they did have Pyth alot worse than Veg so yah I am not totally convinced they even will rebound. Fingers crossed....

I will be ok if they don't but going forward things should be drastically better...

Damn I am liking the Coco conversion alot. I love how everything is totally separate now.... each plant alone... no cross contamination now and easy to just go pick up a plant and throw it on the work bench...

So things have calmed down in the last 24 hours... Now it is sort of a game of patience to see what rebounds and how well... No more worrying what will go to flower etc when do to plant death. Now i can get back to the perpetual growing..... My schedule is really off now though....

OH quick thing.... All my little air pumps I use where really blowing like crap... I was getting ready to go get new ones for my cloner etc.. Duh clean the filters and I am not kidding that was all they needed... huge difference.... Go check yours today!.!!

Thanks for coming by

FE

I use hydroguard but I also got a new ac so the room stays cool cause I went with a ac that's 3k btu more than the previous
doesn't have to work as hard for the size of the room considering the heat everything that's on generates
but my temps normally used to be mid to higher mid 70's and with the hydroguard I don't have issues

Hey FE, how's it going?

Last time I visited this journal you were about to chop the first PC and complaining that you were bored with the N1 and I thought 'wow, I'm jealous of his problems...' now I can't say it's still the case! :cheesygrinsmiley:

A lot has happened this last couple months but after all the nasty stuff it looks you're very close to get everything dialed in and hopefully you'll be pulling lots of buds in no time :goodjob:

Thank you SAN for posting...
Things are indeed doing well again but it was 3-4 weeks of poop!

I have harvested a Bubba Kush, Delicious Cheese candy, White Widow and a Train Wreck since then. Some better than others some worse.
I have yet to get a clean run. I am hoping this new set up with Coco will get me there...

The pythium was the worst I have dealt with yet and it was the most recent issue. I am learning more and more daily from stuff like this.

I have changed so much since the PC now that I think of it...
Added veg room... new lights,, changed growing methods....

Really if I can just get some clean runs from here I don't see me changing much else unless need forces it... some minor stuff but nothing major.

Just want to grow stuff now...

Welcome back...

FE

Glad to see you're "digging" the coco.

Transplant from dirt can be a little tricky, if you rush the PH like I did. A few days after the transplant, on a whim I pH'd the plant to 5.6 and she threw a fit! Fan leaves became blotchy in just 24 hours...

But fortunately she survived and is happy in her new coco medium.

Coco for US president 2016.

V:bongrip:

When I found this forum and started to follow the journals and almost everyone in my sub list was doing DWC with very nice results so I decided to try it and am now on week 5 of veg, no problems so far but seeing all the problems you guys had in the recent past has scared me enough to consider going coco next time...

Are you mixing anything with the coco like perlite or vermiculite? And of I change can I keep using the GH flora nutes? I saw they have a coco specific line but I would prefer to keep using mine :thanks:

Hey SAN good stuff there....

So I had other issue's along the way. A long read but all here. So nothing specific except my own careless issue's. That being said I wanted to optimize and top feed and etc seem to work for me. I had decent results with DWC and probably could have just stuck with it. It just seemed hard to maintain.. but doable.

So who knows ultimately if I will stick with Coco but it seems really impressive right now to me. Yes a little costly as it is not reusable but small issue. It has zero base so it is like soil with a clean slate and you are the artist to create what it gets...

The most important thing above all else to me is clean runs... I don't care what method.. style... It is a weed.. it wants to complete it's cycle. If you give it what it wants and etc method doesn't matter.

I am buying the predone bags that are more expensive but for now... it has perilite in it.. but yah 50/50 or 75coco/25per seems to be common mixes... it really is inexpensive if you buy the bricks and perilite and make it yourself...

GH standard nutes are what I was using and recently switched but yes you can run normal GH nutes... I was told that you need to flush more as standard GH nutes have minerals that over time can leave deposits and flow issues... It was recommended to use up what I had and then run something with less of it. I just switched before I ran out ...just wanted to do it...

Coco is still hydro as there are some with cal and etc in it if you buy pretreated but it can be blank. I currently am running drain to waste and absolutely love it... No more changing the rez....just keep topping off forever as long as I keep it clean. But that is a whole different long story...

Cleaned flower res again with new pumps and hoses again as last time I used same pump and it must have had some pyth still stuck in it. Started to get some floaties.. ;/

So all set just 3 hours of time again but heck we'll get it. New drain tub in flower so now it is all hooked up and done. Two plants under each bank of lights.... All my flower plants are timing messed up. I mean as like they are all still in rough shape and still yellowing up.. but they are growing buds.. strange stuff... no new growth just bud swelling... Oh well not expecting much from anything in here right now.. Just getting things going better and then future stuff should be great on this system..

Thanks as always for coming by.....

FE

PIC Update!

So time to throw up some pics of the latest devastation.!!

first though lets talk about some stuff....

I redid the feed lines as I was silly and plumbed a line for each feed and blocked the ends... I replaced them with plugs and will add lines as I need it.. No reason for stuff to be sitting in feeder lines unused.. asking for trouble...

That feeder setup is really neat... each side of the flower has a half inch line running to it with a shutoff to regulate the feed... Then a bank inside each drain tub divides it up. if i have a leak.. no worries it's in the drain tub... BRILLIANT!!!

Alot of dials and knobs to adjust but that is good to regulate it.. problem is testing it is delicate as I don't want to drown them. I have it close but need to just leave it now and check it in a day or two and see how much they still have and see if i need to adjust more...

So ok lets do it....

Veg is recovering well.. the ACDC in the left rear isn't being watered anymore so forget it is there.. was too lazy to pull it...

IMGP1154.JPG

The HG69 is growing very well...

IMGP1155.JPG

I had the nutes up to 1090 or so.. oops.. So the tips show it a little.. plus they just started eating again a week ago and let me tell you they all are eating well.. err well most.. some just came into veg from cloner...

So the SD has the half albino leaves.. no idea if anyone has ever seen it.. I have no idea if I caused it or if it is normal genetically...

IMGP11561.JPG

It is growing well too... Still a few leaves I need to pull but I didnt want to over do it at the time. I wanted it to get more growth and it has.... The two big ladies will go to flower soon but I have to make sure it is clean and they aren't just there yet.. I'll give them another hair cut before as well...

IMGP11592.JPG

Ok so the WW and the BK.. The WW was slow to get going in the front.. but it is looking better daily... The BK I don't quite understand as it had good roots etc and just isn't doing well.. I debated popping a seed but I know if the clone starts like the WW it will grow fast... I am waiting to see if it was freaking out from the PPM's .. now that I am 800 or so it should be better... We'll see...

IMGP11582.JPG

Pc and ACDC clones... they are new to the cups a few days ago so I am waiting to see improvements.. They look like crap but I am patient on these... I am just glad they took and they should come around.. All these clones where taken from sick plants.. So some like the next one need to recover even after the roots took... But the one did well... Guess you can only see it on the overall pic I forgot to take a solo.. doh... It does have normal growth finally..

IMGP11572.JPG

These two are clones that are looking sad but actually on the way up... sad to say things look way better than it was so all is good.. once dialed in and cycled through all my recovery plants things should blossom in here...

So let's jump over to flower ... maybe block your eyes... ok here we go...

IMGP11601.JPG

DCC and WW.... ok WW is ready to harvest in two weeks but it really is stunted and blah blah but swelling some still... The dcc is actually building great buds! but at the cost of fan leaves and soon it will have none... all the plants in flower obviously are root bound .. stuck... Oh well I will run them until they loook like I should cut em down.. At the moment they are fattening just as though I was flushing them.. What ever...

IMGP11612.JPG
IMGP11621.JPG

The other side is the same

IMGP1163.JPG
IMGP1165.JPG
IMGP11641.JPG

The Bk just went in here as the issues popped but it is struggling as well.. so I flushed the coco again with h2o2 yesterday and lets see if it helps... These two where in the other drain tub until last night... Now they are under more true wattage than the other side... Nothing is getting big enough to need the space but easier to work on...

The next wave going into flower should be great as long as I got the pyth gone... I can't see how it couldnt be... There isnt anything in the tub that was in there before.. and I cleaned that tub pretty serious... H202 will burn the crap out of your skin trust me... and I used a good amount to clean it.. so it looks perfect still after 24 hours.. Air stones went from 2-4 on a pretty serious air pump 70 cfm?. all new feeder lines.. should be good now...

I seriously could hand feed with Coco so this shit rocks! Flower I am using 3 gallon pots... that will feed em well...

I don't want to for sure... This WILL be automated...

So that's about the just of it...

Thanks for coming by as always...

FE

Nice recovery Far East Bud :bravo::cheer::circle-of-love::love::thumb::goodjob:

You just have to love a Hydroponic Top Feed :Namaste:

:love::cco::love:

NAME CHANGE FE

CCOiler AKA RSOiler AKA 60cal

:love::cco::love:

Mini Update!

My name is FE and I have been Pyth free for a few days but want to stay that way... ;)

So things seemed to have worked.. no signs of that dreaded crap. I am sure every pot has it in it. I am not sure how pyth responds to coco cause it is solely on those existing plants. All the new stuff will be clean from here out. All the stuff in Solo cups too but all the plants did take bad hits and it show in all the clones too... One last clone into a solo tonight. I need to send the SD and HG to flower very soon. I am just a little nervous on the pyth side but a few more days I will be ok.
SD takes 12 weeks in flower so I need things spot on.
I added PH'd tap today to res cause PPM's in flower where like 1250. Drain to waste I can be like 600 -700 so I keep having to remind myself to drop the PPM's.

I may pop a couple BK and or PC seeds to get some fresh stuff going through. Also debated another seed order...
I can't recall if I have tried them all yet from the first batch. I have to have done most.
The HG and SD I am running through the first time. They do look the bestest of all my plants right now.. but still need a defol in a day or so. All of Veg really does actually. Things are good though. All the clones going in have rooted decent but all have been in "recovery". But all improving. Seeing new growth and it all seems to look good.

So I am feeding 2 times a day at the moment but it is more than needed.. How long though can I run on a res. Obviously they are on major air stones but can it go 3 weeks and not become stale? Just curious. At two feeds its decent and I keep making 5 gallon batches to add.. its somewhat fresh every few days really but if I just ran it low.. was curious.

Hate to say it again but just filling it as needed and no flush is kick ass! I will run it low and clean it etc at times but if it stays clean then really it shouldn't need to be done too much.. Super super stable in there.. Unless you aren't dialed in yet but hate to go back there...

So i'll get some more pics up soon... Thats about the just of it...

Oh and Coco was given to us by the gods to grow massive Cola's with the least effort. A Dope Smokers Paradise ;) I'm Hooked.. So far ...lol

FE

Ok so i forgot to ask .. All my plants in flower are acting like they are in flush and just bud swelling.. All fans on the three plants that where in the worst of it are dying off and they are looking like time to chop soon. Is this common for root bound plants? Can I continue to run them with no fans? Chop them? Some are like only 5 weeks into flower.... They even smell of harvest soon ..lol
Totally clueless...

Thanks in advance anyone..

FE

Back
Top Bottom