Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For THC-V

Hi Pheno! I'm down towards Lenawee county. Canton area is nice from what I remember. I'm originally from Willow Run area near there. I'm not real familiar with CBD strains. I am interested in them, just never had any. All's people care about around here is the potentcy. I'm more interested in the terps myself. I'm into good tasting weed even if it ain't the strongest. Don't get me wrong, I want to get stoned, I just enjoy quality erb

Hi Pheno! I'm down towards Lenawee county. Canton area is nice from what I remember. I'm originally from Willow Run area near there. I'm not real familiar with CBD strains. I am interested in them, just never had any. All's people care about around here is the potentcy. I'm more interested in the terps myself. I'm into good tasting weed even if it ain't the strongest. Don't get me wrong, I want to get stoned, I just enjoy quality erb

Hey buddy, I grew up in Rawsonville Woods if you know what that is if over by Willow Run. I was born and raised downriver and after starting school moved to Rawsonville Rd in Belleville. About 10 min from the airport and KMart, I think a Hardees used to be there, shit like 20 years ago lol.
Your right though as a connoisseur...My business model will be placed on this and adamant ppl don't pay attention to THC numbers only.
I think we place too much on potency anyway and I have yet to hit a 30% strain that was cured proper to see if it's horrible as my number 5 plasma can be on the chest. The strain Dark Plasma has tested over 30% in multiple pheno's so it was likely that one at like 25% or some shit. It hurts to take a satisfying large hit, which is why i'm so about the finish this time...If it will hit smooth ok, maybe something there as I will have to consume less if I find a more potent strain...However smoking an entire joint with a tip of ANY strain gets me ripped and that's my preferred method currently - read lungs above :) I have an awesomely smooth on the throat, expensive glass giant but it's just too much most times with the potent weed and i'm assuming it's not going to get smoother I could be wrong and just need to finish better.

I gotta get this finish right for sure this time guys so any help...
Like does leaving the pots somewhat wet and putting them in the dark for a few days really help etc?
I let them get as dry as they can and chop...maybe that's the problem?
It's likely just a cure because when the meds get low is when they finally start to taste proper lol.
I'm In 3Gal coco, have humic acid, mammoth P, honey, water. As in "Things that go into flushing Alex" lmao and some articles through me way off.
I'm literally blinded by science here which is crazy for me.
Some PH some don't, some reduce nutes some pound a ton of water through.
Seems like a stressful situation all that water, but the coco has to be saturated? I doubt it as no signs of overfeeding.

Any and all thoughts and experiences, i've read all the threads here and it seems they are outdated and need to be updated with newer findings.

OK back to basics, once again my good friend PW to the rescue!

So looking back was a single comment that I intuited as the secret to some ppls success and mentioned so.
The way you replied to it Pennywise, I thought you meant it in the negative.
Possibly, you were working me toward my answer and saying the lockout is good in the last 10 to 14 days?
If not, would you mind explaining the starch conversion and why that would be an issue?
(Having lost a ton of weight, and before that trying to lose weight I learned the body gets sluggish and unmotivated when converting fat to energy...Not sure if plants are the same).
Edit if in time, and also wouldn't that make for less crap and a sweeter smoke?

Only thing I can say about curing is it gets better with time. After humidity is correct and jarred for a good month or so it gets better/smoother IMO. I'm a soil guy. Don't have any experience with coco

No worries appreciate the reply anyway, thinking on it, it's likely my finish letting them go green too long in synthetics and/or trapping nutes in somehow.

Either with drying out the pots last 2 days or not allowing dark time as i've heard the plant will remove some things from the flowers and back into the medium?
I need to find a scientific/scholarly article that backs that however.
What do people do with green leafy vegetables?
Leave the nutes in for us to consume as food I imagine...so what anolog do we have?
Tobacco I guess we could use as an example, but flushing likely never made it there? We would instead look into Leaching.
This is my thought process BTW building search queries, this is what we've come to folks...my god.. o_O I talk to myself all day and type to myself at night.

In soil the molecules are larger, cannot be uptaken without the microbial sphere to break them down and if that sphere is built correctly, you will fade gorgeously and pull all the nasty right out no?
If not for such apparently slow veg time I would consider it next go but i'll wait for summer.
Do a few high brix, living soil runs.

I could believe ANs hype as they say empty chelates is the beez neez for a hundred bucks for 75% water lmao.
"You get what you pay for...if you don't have the time or want to do the research"
Example, I could get a DIY HLG 550 kit 799. Or buy a fancy Kind LED for over a grand that IMO isn't as good.
Basically I could build a similar product using RAW solubles. They have all the same shit and I could likely make a 55Gallon drum from a few 12$ packs of solubles...Why not?
I'll do it on paper...be back...

Damn!! I got an erection as if looking at a Snap-On rollaway full of tools...You can buy this display filled for $678
It would last a lifetime. Edit: Here: RAW POP Package, Display and Nutrients
1543055448519.png

In fact I think it a good goal to save for.

I would essentially have every nutrient combination needed for any eventuality.
In coco unless pests, food is easy.

Anyway, it looks like the aminos, sugars and enzymes with some yucca at the get.
Each pack goes a long way with application rates at the 1/8tsp per gallon of water for most additives.

The Aminos, empty chelates grab larger and metal molecules, the plant exudes waste which is also grabbed by them. The Yucca helps release the bond to the roots of nutrients on the first go and the enzymes and sugars break down old root material as they slough off old allowing for both uptake of water and release of waste. Likely super oversimplification but it fits. Cool, glad to have gone down this rabbit hole.

This is based on AN hype and showing I can do it for a fraction of the price, maybe even better who knows for cheaper.
still looking for some scholarly articles.

You my friend are not short on weed looking at your last photos. Just cut off a branch and hang up and then start puffing. Vape it for smoothness. (good for health too).

To get your plants to finish or grow longer taller bigger budz, the plant needs active Plant Growth Hormones (PGR's).

Do a search and some reading and figure out how to incorporate PGR's and enzymes into your grow style.

I'm in soil and use Malted Barley Powder (grind my own). Enzymatic Catalyst of catalysts. fires up plants and microbes - plants finish 15-20% sooner. Kelp is where the PGR's are.

You my friend are not short on weed looking at your last photos. Just cut off a branch and hang up and then start puffing. Vape it for smoothness. (good for health too).

To get your plants to finish or grow longer taller bigger budz, the plant needs active Plant Growth Hormones (PGR's).

Do a search and some reading and figure out how to incorporate PGR's and enzymes into your grow style.

I'm in soil and use Malted Barley Powder (grind my own). Enzymatic Catalyst of catalysts. fires up plants and microbes - plants finish 15-20% sooner. Kelp is where the PGR's are.

Nice thanks! Many people use mollases and I just use honey. I use it because of Budget and I eat it :)
Yeah I think the mammoth P is considered PGR in that it increases metabolism.
I will look into some for morphology.
The MH through stretch put the Keepers at a nearly perfect height this time.
I do like having a short plant, it's caused my side branches to explode in size of buds by allowing light in the taller girls middle.
I don't want to count my chickens but I look on par with my best run, which was a sog autoflowers at just over a pound.
This time however...all new meds, interesting terps etc.

You are correct in that I could sample, normally do a little... but have about a week for the imadacloprid :(
I have a convection cooker that uses heat and air to cook, if I put chooped buds in paper plates taped together oposite each other... Ill shkot a pic when I do it later... with pencil sized holes(this keeps light off the buds while allowing the convection air through...
Its just under vape temp so in about an hour or two I can have satisfying in effect, yet harsh smoke.

did some work out in the veg area today.
Decided on the cotton candy Kush for the 5th girl
So its.
KickFlips (1,2,3) we've never seen 2 but 1 and 3 are fire and deserves another go. That's the Supernova Purple Punch clone married to the PB&Jelous bred male.
Dark Plasma 13 (dirty diaper cut) lol. (Forum cut GSC x Obi-Wan OG Kush) No really it's pleasant. More like very loud OG funk with a bit of that.
Cotton Candy Kush (Lavender crossed with PowerPlant. Both as I said unknown to me so that will be really cool) .
Got coppies of all, some are still in cloner while they get a little more roots and decided to raise pots from cold floor.
IMG_20181129_111300.jpg
IMG_20181129_111243.jpg
IMG_20181129_111236.jpg

MammothP I thought was basically ACT (aerated compost tea)??

I didn't see any Kelp in the recipe talk/hype. It's expensive for what it is.

Look at MSDS and that tells you what's bottled stuff has in it other than water which is usually 95+% of the product. (food for thought).

I use Kelp Meal and Malted Barley I grind to a fine powder.

Kelp Meal has all the PGRs in spades. I use it in my soil mix and also grind it fine and add a 1/4 cup to a quart mason jar and let it steep and use the liquid and foiler that on the plants. Also Aloe Gel is another good source of PGRs as i PURE coconut water.

These are all organic versions of some of the magic potions we can purchase at the hydro shop.

For me cost is an issue so I prefer to spend my coins on lights and seeds. :rolleyes:

Edit:

Was typing while you were updating. Plants look GREAT buddy. Good idea to get pots off cold floor. Will make a difference in flower for sure.

MammothP I thought was basically ACT (aerated compost tea)??

I didn't see any Kelp in the recipe talk/hype. It's expensive for what it is.

Look at MSDS and that tells you what's bottled stuff has in it other than water which is usually 95+% of the product. (food for thought).

I use Kelp Meal and Malted Barley I grind to a fine powder.

Kelp Meal has all the PGRs in spades. I use it in my soil mix and also grind it fine and add a 1/4 cup to a quart mason jar and let it steep and use the liquid and foiler that on the plants. Also Aloe Gel is another good source of PGRs as i PURE coconut water.

These are all organic versions of some of the magic potions we can purchase at the hydro shop.

For me cost is an issue so I prefer to spend my coins on lights and seeds. :rolleyes:

Edit:

Was typing while you were updating. Plants look GREAT buddy. Good idea to get pots off cold floor. Will make a difference in flower for sure.
Thanks so much Bobrow! Very well put!
The Kelp is a must when I can afford it as well as maybe some molasses instead of honey but i've nailed what looks to be a winning system with the Mammoth P and Honey.
Mixing microbes with synthetics seems to be hit or miss, and the guys that run the same base as I have not reported a gain from using it. Too many variables changed for me to say but I can tell by behavior they are loving something:)

If you notice I have almost completely switched to powders from bottled nutrients. Mammoth P is microbes mainly bacillus strains if I remember right, that act as a metabolic helper in plants uptake and usage of phosphorus.
I only own it as it was a sample from the local grow store, stuff is way expensive, and I found a video to extend it a couple rounds with simple sugars.
My base Jacks(Peters) is an agricultural product that has proven superior to many others for a lot of ppl at a cost you wouldn't believe.
It's like $100 for 2-25#bags (The base is a two part with Epsom Salt completing the mix for most cannabis strains and was designed by Mel Frank). You may know all this already for all I know:)
At 3g/gallon it basically lasts forever. I got the 4# first and will get the 25# from now on, just wanted the convenient buckets but after cost analysis was a dumb purchase. it's not much more for the 25# in the first place... I shake my head sometimes at the expense ppl pay, but I haven't tried a side by side of say all AN products as labelled against mine etc.
All I know is this, when building computers we search for bottlenecks in the process. For analogy we could say we have too much light to continue because the C02 level is not high enough, or we cannot use enough light because the temp is too high.
In nutrition I find it very interesting that folks who use Jacks rarely show an increase in yield with many bloom boosters and even Mammoth P from the Breeder at Square 1, which tells me it's a very complete nutrient regime allowing the plant to express as it should in the given environment.
The other thing I believe to be the success this round is not so much the Mammoth P but the just the whole system, and it's only going to get better as I add things like Kelp, maybe some silica but I really want to see how high brix we can achieve this way.
Also, something I haven't discussed that i'm repeating and i'm glad I thought of it, i'd like your opinion.
By necessity, i've "deep topped" most of the girls going into flower, I did this last time and it seems like it gives it time for the stems to get thicker, roots to grow more and hence, bigger buds. I was just stalling but ended up with a nice little find I think...just gotta make sure they don't end up root bound right lol.
Cheers my friend and thanks for posting as well the kind words!

I actually do have a kelp product from Fox Farm but each time i've used it I've had problems so i'm waiting to try something else. Not sure if it was bad or what.

Some good news.
I have an interview Saturday at a local hydroponic shop for a part time gig!
Even if I fail to get the job, I've now created a grow store based resume <facepalm>.
I have one for Software Development, Warehouse work, Mechanic work, Machine Operator, and General IT support.(I could see them now...'uh. college grad, excellent grades, software development degree...why would you want to work at a hydro store part time?' lol), 'Because it's what I love and I was told if you do what you love...' Plus I cannot work full time and build a business / be a caregiver all together.
No expectations, but I will do my best.
I'm like 99% at interview but recently it's a bit tougher to get that far...which in this case it is a corporate chain of stores therefore my background may come into question. It's easier, like in the tech industry working for small firms as they can make an executive decision to wave any policy and hire me after meeting me, but if it's a corporate thing, too much red tape:(
Kinda funny, I went to the store for coco. My mom was there and pointed out a sign on the door, (they ID and was using my mom's card as it was sort of a transplant emergency and the coco my cousin got me was for lizards...long story...)
They had a sign, hiring etc with an email address. I went home made a new resume and thought, I wonder if my 420mag, IG and YouTube would be too forward?
I added links (I have found most ppl don't give two shit's what you say, show them what you've done!) I got a call a few hours later from the store manager, who was called by corporate to interview me. She said she looked over my IG and I have "Really Happy Plants".
...wish me luck;)

Today I have a pretty fun one lined up, doing a water heater swap out.
I've never done it before, but used to work in a warehouse that was for the guys doing the installs. I made sure the trucks were stocked, jobs had trim etc. So I know what parts are required. Plus, I saw a 14 min. video, I'm ready.
...wish me luck;)

...I live in a world in which pictures of high quality weed that i've grown gets me a regular retail job. We have almost arrived, amidst a world shift in many things and as a rebellion soldier in the war on drugs, having done my POW time:), I think the war is almost over! Edit:Context

GL with the job thing. Thats cool your IG pics of plants getting you a job interview. The new world we live in.

I worked in IT for many many years. Glad that's over with. Was fun but not this fun.

I like working part time for 10 minutes a day in my gardens.

For kelp it's got lots of PGRs (plant growth regulators) and mix that with EWC and you have everything the plants need to thrive. I use malted barley ground to a fine powder as my catalyst. It really gets the soil going and the plants love it.

Try kelp meal. It's kelp dried and chopped kelp. Can re-hydrate in a jar - 1/2 cup of kelp meal in a quart mason (can grind it up too or not) and fill the jar with water. The excess water is your kelp tea you can mix with water and foiler and/or water in. Good stuff. I also mix in with my soil mix with malted barley ground up.

GL with the job thing. Thats cool your IG pics of plants getting you a job interview. The new world we live in.

I worked in IT for many many years. Glad that's over with. Was fun but not this fun.

I like working part time for 10 minutes a day in my gardens.

For kelp it's got lots of PGRs (plant growth regulators) and mix that with EWC and you have everything the plants need to thrive. I use malted barley ground to a fine powder as my catalyst. It really gets the soil going and the plants love it.

Try kelp meal. It's kelp dried and chopped kelp. Can re-hydrate in a jar - 1/2 cup of kelp meal in a quart mason (can grind it up too or not) and fill the jar with water. The excess water is your kelp tea you can mix with water and foliar and/or water in. Good stuff. I also mix in with my soil mix with malted barley ground up.
I got into IT because I loved it, but it was enterprise on a platform that was boring etc.
Not the writing fun mobile applications or something I had hoped but it could still happen, more likely stay in something like a grow store if I can will building the business.

Ah I think i understand the difference, Kelp Meal would contain everything the original had, including helpful PGRs.

I think for the next round a weekly tea will be thrown in for the hormones/PGRs mainly. It's obvious, at least to me, that adding either Mammoth P, or a synthetic bloom booster made a big difference this time. Now it's about creating a sugary, nutrient dense sap, without going full on organic. My goal is to see if the brix can be achieved without a living soil, or at least in a hydroponic environment, meaning either right in the solution DWC, or with timers and pumps top fed (I realize that could be done in an organic living soil as well and have considered it). Likely a bit of DWC and Top Feed depending time of year. IDK we'll see where the wind blows me lol.

Thanks again, definitely adding some Kelp Meal!

Quick update on the job, I passed the initial interview process and now will be giving them a working interview Thursday.
I love how impressed they were with my IG.

It really made me feel good to have the manager telling me about the co-owners response to my little piece of the internet:)

So for better or worse, at least I will have given them my all, -and if I don't get this one, I at least have done the hard part for me which is writing a resume, especially outside of my normal field.
I gave just the right amount of knowledge to the manager without coming off like a "know it all", -I hope. :\
I hate that I sound that way to people sometimes, it's a trait that I inherited from my Dad that I'm trying to break lol. I'm a fairly open minded person, knowledgeable in many areas but definitely not a subject matter expert in hydroponics lol, though maybe one day...a couple of cups on the mantle, as Breeder and Cultivator right? no ego here ;)
Anyway thank you so much guys, couldn't even be here without you guys so wish me luck on Thursday, essentially could be my dream job...or at least one I will not be stressed out to go to.

Back
Top Bottom