Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For THC-V

Thanks for the well wishes!
Pretty sure I got this, always red tape possible, so it's best to check expectations but in confidence I could rock that job...and if not, someone else would be lucky to get me at such a low pay rate right?
Quick question guys.
About to purchase bigger pots for next round, just to be sure we don't get root bound as i've been stalling these girls a bit too long...
I've been using the 3 Gallon pots with coco 5-6 under the 1000w and 42" tomato cages, I love this method, especially with the medium/tall hybrid style growth, ability to add microbes and work slowly toward organic if I want, will be easy to automate etc.
So far except when I ran the number 5 girl by herself and spread her out etc she needed to eat twice a day in that pot but gave us over 4oz. Since then they typically drink the pot in one 12 hour cycle down to the perfect watering dampness come lights on.
I've gotten used to feeding/watering daily and I don't mind but I just have an instinctual feeling they will get rootbound since i've been deep topping.
I could see about fabric pots too,and this is what's throwing me off, i have some listed as 5 Gallon fabric pots but they hold about the same as my current 3 gallon pots maybe just slightly more but it doesn't seem so.

What are your guys thoughts on that?

Plants looking great pheno!! Havent been on in a bit sounds like you have big things in the works. Good luck with the job.
Im about to use 5 gal fabric pots in my current grow. I usually run 10s and 15s and have never come close to root binding even growing 1lb plants with 100+ day veg times. I recently read a thread about using smaller pots and purposely allowing them to become root bound and watering multiple times a day. Its was on another site but the theory explained made alot of sense to me. Wish i remembered the link. Anyway i dont have as much time to veg so i figured on doing some experimenting. I usually go from rooter plug to dixie cup to 2 gal bag to final home. I try to push them as long as i can before transplant to establish a good rootball. This time i might just go solo cup to final home? Or half and half i dunno lol?
Do you have a set transplant routine?
:peace:

Plants looking great pheno!! Havent been on in a bit sounds like you have big things in the works. Good luck with the job.
Im about to use 5 gal fabric pots in my current grow. I usually run 10s and 15s and have never come close to root binding even growing 1lb plants with 100+ day veg times. I recently read a thread about using smaller pots and purposely allowing them to become root bound and watering multiple times a day. Its was on another site but the theory explained made alot of sense to me. Wish i remembered the link. Anyway i dont have as much time to veg so i figured on doing some experimenting. I usually go from rooter plug to dixie cup to 2 gal bag to final home. I try to push them as long as i can before transplant to establish a good rootball. This time i might just go solo cup to final home? Or half and half i dunno lol?
Do you have a set transplant routine?
:peace:
Very much, thanks bro!!
You're probably very lucky with the fabric pots because they don't become root bound if I understand how they work correctly, which is an idea.
Yeah I right after posting yesterday and sure enough I slipped one of my 3 gallon pots inside of a fabric pot just barely like OJ almost...and I could maybe fit if I'm lucky a cup of coco more, But! Air pruning.
Not sure how much truth is to air pruning but when I was in soil I was in the 5 gallon fabric pots and no problems they weren't one pound plants though:)
There is something to be said to have a smaller root mass and water more times a day if I where on my game a little bit more maybe a sog from clone in my flood and drain system needs another look.
I think if I get him soon enough and run enough of them they won't get Too Tall I'll prune off all the side so that they're just kind of like a single shoot going up...
I didn't use an AirStone in flooded 3 times a day because of the day oxygen it worked perfect in Coco for me when people are used to doing Jame to waste Coco once a day and they try flood and drain find a lot of times they give out because they have root problems due to under oxygenating/ stagnating the water by running it not enough.
Defoliation and/or even just some more nutrients is all I needed, the flood and drain would have worked out great because I was feeding three times a day in one gallon pots. Those plants got incredibly huge they were six foot tall plants and nearly half the size of my current plants.
But just to get more of that top bud Cola product I think I might give that flooded dreamsea green a second shot I just got to get a bunch of clones ready...

My transplant regime until very very recently has always been Solo cups to final resting place. I don't let him get rootbound either or very big, I still will transplant at the normal time when they're just ready to take off into the next medium but I make sure that I water often since I'm in the Coco to make sure it has plenty of oxygen that's the thing people forget about Coco I was explaining that to some of my co-workers yesterday that you can treat it like Soil and Water it and let it dry for you can treat it like hydro and keep it wet as long as you replace the nasty water was good water meaning the deoxygenated water.
Cheers buddy I hope everything goes well for you, I'll pop in and see how things are doing I haven't made a decision yet still in the middle Harvest right now and possibly working later.

Ya, lately I've been keeping quote unquote mother plants in between clone sessions in one gallon pots that's the only reason I've recently been going from cups to 1 gallons to five or 3 whatever it is.
I think I got the job yesterday she's going to give me a call today it was a great day. There were two other new guys there who have been there before so I think for my very first day I did a good job very end of the day I almost had a guy interested in buying a whole kit for about $1,000 so I know this ain't going on too long before they love me.
recreational went legal yesterday in the state, no stores just allowed to grow 12 plants.
....so of course all the hydroponics stores are going to be in flux with business as people are coming in already asking a bunch of questions.
this year's about giving away medicine good donation and building for next year because it's going to be going on I'm thinking about getting back in the Consulting but now is cannabis for sure I can help somebody set up a successful op.

Congrats on the job buddy! They are lucky to have ya!
Good stuff on the pots! I get alot salt build up in the bigger pots so im thinking watering more in smaller pots i may not need to skip feedings to run straight water as much.

Good luck in your new career Pheno, you'll be a natural!
Thank you my friend, all positive now these last few weeks but I appreciate you sticking by when I was down.
You know what I appreciates about you Pennywise? You are brief, but succinct and don't have problems getting your point across without rambling like I do :)
Cheers and have a great day!

Congrats on the job buddy! They are lucky to have ya!
Good stuff on the pots! I get alot salt build up in the bigger pots so im thinking watering more in smaller pots i may not need to skip feedings to run straight water as much.
Thanks! Good to keep in mind with salt buildup.
I will be brave and go for it I think but the KickFlip.
One thing that I also have been doing the last 2 runs that improved overall plant health by a mile was to feed with every watering.
Doing DTW in coco someone mentioned getting deficiencies every time they skip a day. I do when I feed / water / feed / water like I used to.
Now it's jacks hydro mixed between 1.25e.c. And 1.7 e.c. (boost week) Or 575-ish ppm to 850ppm on the boost week. Those numbers are the best guess for those times I test, they likely convert slightly different...
Every day heavily until I get...
Well let's do the math,
5x3 gallon = 15 gallons of coco, I add usually 2.5 gallons of solution every "normal" day and vacum out half a gallon of waste.
Important info there, only 15gal medium total under a KW light. Only pure coco, or DWC, hydroponic systems can do this from what I gather and at the end the rootballs have overtaken every inch of coco turning it i into a root brick lol.
In late flower that increases up to 4.5 gallons given, 1.75 gallons of runnoff total. This helps leach salt buildup if any and keeps the roots in an oxygen rich bath of full solution.
Heading out to read a bit more from you guys here before I get going. Have to move my operation outside today.

One last thing, I washed 2/3 of my harvest with one bucket hydrogen peroxide and water, 2cups to 5gal, a second bucket with just water.

Had an active fan blowing on them while working and by the time done, shut off fan. I only washed half of the dark plasma because I wanted a comparison .

I have a bad cold right now so smell is hard to tell. The washed buds dried very fast and I love how smooth even if I don't get much flavor yet.
my hope is none lost, trichomes are fine.
If that's the case, and I don't lose the loud OG smell I plan to wash from now on.

Well I didn't end up with the job :(

...right now? I guess they do really want me but are full.

Also could use some advice from cold weather guys (See Below)

They had 2 new guys already working when I interviewed so I wondered about that but apparently the manager thought she could hire 3 and it was 2 of 3 and since she already had them working it wouldn't be fair.
I was gracious on the phone, she said if i continue to shop there they will give me discounts lol.
I am going up there to drop off my shirt today and am going to ask for a new Super HPS bulb for working Thursday. Can't hurt right?

(Surviving The Frost - with $0 budget...)

So here's where the garden is...I've never grown outside, in an outbuilding with no insulation (garage) in the winter time.

My Veg plants are out there while I finish getting rid of root aphids inside but those bastards won't seem to go away!
Just when i'm down to seeing one or two it seems there are 10 and my hope is that it's just a long lifespan as the babies should have no food.

We ordered a trap plant seeds called a nasturtium. That and some sticky traps and we should be good just a matter of time.

Here's the dilemma, and could really use some advice from my cold climate buddies:

I need to start flower right away, this week, as i'm overgrown already. Everything is still indoors equipment wise so I'm considering just bringing in the 5 I intend to flower and do it indoors again.
Just do an insane clean and hunt them down?

...All of my other solutions require some money, so i'm open to ideas, like I thought about getting another flower tent 4x4 or 5x5 and running them alternating so the heat from lights on heats the lights out tent and the exit goes to the veg tent into a scrubber. It's essentially a closed loop so I can try cheap c02 enrichment also to not have to bring in cold air?

For this solution I only need to come up with a Ballast, c02 burner and Tent... might be able to do it during the stretch and move them if nothing's attacked.

...Or / I could run the 5 inside where I know I will succeed and take the chance that we missed a bug somewhere. I can always keep my main genetics separate in case of situations like that, I just worry if I take them out now and hope the little space heater in the veg closet will be enough to keep the flower tent warm at night all winter.

While the bugs are not fun, I can try some things and all else fails dose them 3 weeks before chop again I just hate that's the option we may be stuck with again.

Thoughts?

Quick Harvest Analysis (Pre-Cure):

OMG The medicine that we just harvested and budwashed is the best medicine i've had hands down!
Keep in mind i've not tried anyone on here's medicine which likely smokes mine by comparison.
The KickFlip is phenomenal in effect and super smooth I couldn't be happier, however things dried fast so i'll be trimming my butt off these next couple of days and jarring hoping the moisture packs will work their magic.
The Dark Plasma 13 is the keeper pheno.
Nug structure like the 5 in that they are rock hard, many many more bud sites and that could be the full spectrum in stretch but also the biggest yeilder with huge top buds and a very impressive secondary canopy. I need a new bulb and/or to prune to the second ring on the tomato cages and not defoliating as heavy seemed to work out better for me at least with these strains.
Plasmas are super heavy buds even when overdried but the smell is amazing. Better than the Lime OG of 10 it's Chemdog meets OG Kush. Perfectly Chem/funky in a beautiful way not assaulting on the nose or offensive like some OG's So...imagine my surprise I've been wanting to buy a 'Chem' something forever and now I have one that's pretty damn satisfying.

The Kickflip is all about smoothness, sage berry flavor and a hugely potent effect. I would say more so than the Plasma as it has a heavy head hit that totally erases stress and...what was I talking about? :) Excellent pain killer too, but more energetic than many good pain killers.

I'd flower indoors if at all possible, if anything goes wrong in the outdoor building they're toast. Sounds like a really super head stash for you!
That's a great point.
My mom agrees here, plus in the garage the chances are much higher for theft.
Great point also on the headstash because realistically I do have the time to kill off the borg and even wait if I have to or DWC, like I want to etc.
Ya, agreed. Always love the perspective. Thank you

That's a bummer on the job but maybe a blessing. If they can't coordinate how many people they are supposed to be hiring it may not be the most well oiled machine.

Closed loop system you kind of need a way to remove moisture from it. The air from the veg tent will be warm and moist compared to your cool ladies in the flower tent which could make issues. You may get by with it this cold and dry right now though, till stuff starts to warm up a little. But like Penny said it's so cold one bad night and they may all be toast.

That's a bummer on the job but maybe a blessing. If they can't coordinate how many people they are supposed to be hiring it may not be the most well oiled machine.

Closed loop system you kind of need a way to remove moisture from it. The air from the veg tent will be warm and moist compared to your cool ladies in the flower tent which could make issues. You may get by with it this cold and dry right now though, till stuff starts to warm up a little. But like Penny said it's so cold one bad night and they may all be toast.

Yeah that was one of my early worries, but actually forgot... with some possible condensation and they are in for some mold.

I'm just going to take everyone's advice and make sure we wipe everything out really good, disinfect all congregation areas, have no adults and gets some traps/controls in place before we flower inside here...

I can still trim them down if they get too tall and up pot them to like a 7 gallon (which is fine by me I would like to try the experiment actually...)

Thank you for the advice also buddy!!

All righty, so the KickFlip overdried:( no biggie I think...

At the last minute I decided to add the Forum Girl Scout cookie to the Run also with Cotton Candy Kush just because I have to see her... so l potted it to a 3-gallon and brought it inside with a tomato cage.

I got them into jars with multiple boveda packs to see if they can be saved... The ones that I got in the right time, washed and dried fast actually. Smooth.

I put warm damp paper towel in the doing tent sealed it mostly and am riding RH from 57-65 until my back allows more trimming. Awesome how quickly it raised from 29% to 67%!! Next round will be amazing as I work it over full 7 days.

Next round, everything spick amd span. The new system blows through the filter, removed the glass entirely to get more light, suck up pests, more UV. I should have pushed through the scrubber from the start.

Harvest was huge, numbers aren't in yet but it's looking to be a record.

Pics...

Back
Top Bottom