900Watt LED, 36x20x62 Tent, Maui Waui & Purple Kush

LadiesMan217

420 Member
Hi there and welcome to my journal of my first grow. Been using this site for all the resources and knowledge of experienced growers and was amazed how much I learned.

This grow is Purple Kush and Maui Waui seeds I purchased from mjseeds Canada. Germinated with soak and paper towel method then placed in Rapid Rooter with promix seed starter inside a solo cup. At this point placed inside grow tent under Led light on VEG and 24-0 light cycle. Light was at 12" height and temp was variable b/w 24-27degrees Celcius, humidity at 70-80%. Time from germination to sprout of first leaves was 3 days.

IMG_0066.jpeg

Nov 8th started with Remo nutrients, they have been moved to Pro-Mix HP 10gal smart pots, light is at 15"
Image.jpeg

Nov 12th they had grown to about 4th/5th node, staying low and bushy. Did some little low stress training and "FIMmed"
IMG_0125.jpeg

The towels worked to keep humidity up around 70% and the light when just on VEG kept the tent warm around 24-26degrees celsius

Nov 13th
Using distilled water that is 0ppm and ph7 to add recommended dose of 6mls (week 2 of veg) remo nutrients. Ive been giving the plants 1 gallon divided up amongst them of nutrients the first 2 weeks along with tap water that is pH7.2 and 240ppm to keep them hydrated (soil at 6-7 on water meter). They have really been staying low and not stretching very high which I like since my tent is so small. Ive been gradually raising the light to keep it within the desired umol/m2s (390-480).
IMG_0140.jpeg

Nov 20th
They needed a trim bad! The base growth was thick and not really much for height still. Ive "FIMmed" a few branches and been getting really good results as well I think these plants are auto branching comparing to other grows Ive read about. I took some close up shots of the top nodes and am curious if there is signs of male or female there. The Purple Kush is feminized and the Mauis are "Oh Natural" so hoping for luck. Sorry for the previous photos being from my iPhone and under the light, Ive upgraded to my Nikon Z6 and natural light from now on.
IMG_0208.jpeg

IMG_0222.jpeg

IMG_0225.jpeg

So that's it for now. Continue to LST, FIM and stay with Nutes as per recommended. I may increase the amount of water with Nutes per week as it seems the roots and soil fertility like it and haven't seen any evidence from the leaves that they don't like it.

Hey 217! I'll pull up a chair and follow along if that's ok. Those are some really nice bushes you have going! I'll help when I can but I moved from using synthetic bottle nutes after my 1st grow to Doc Buds high Brix blend of soil and organic nutrients and will never grow with anything else. I cannot give much advice as far as nutes, ph, flushing, run off, etc because the system I use does not require any of that but if I can help I will. It looks like you are off to a very good start though!

:passitleft:

Hey weenmeoff, thanks for the info on Doc Buds high Brix blend. I will definitely consider for next time.

SmokeSara these are not autoflower just the Purple Kush is feminized. Keeping them 24/0 for probably another 2-3 weeks then go to 11/13 for flowering. Hoping to keep height to a minimum, and Maui's are known to get HUGE so they'll be needing regular maintenance to keep them from getting to tall on me. Just waiting a bit more to supercrop the tops. Prob end up using trellis to support them in the flower stage.

Nov 26th
Fat and bushy after a weeks growth. Filling wide with a few more growth nodes high. Im wondering if they are going to go much higher before going into flower. Got some nutes burn on a few leaves so I'm going to be watching the amount a bit more closely now. Without further ado, the pics...
DSC_2328.JPG
The three of them filling out the 10gallon pots
DSC_2329.JPG
Pretty happy with the fill so far. Bit of pruning done to them to keep the canopy more lateral.
DSC_2331.JPG
DSC_2332.JPG
DSC_2333.JPG
DSC_2341.JPG
DSC_2343.JPG
Bit of nutrient burn I suspect on a few leaves.
DSC_2347.JPG

Pile of leaves I trimmed off the three was a bit more then I had to last time.

I am hoping that I can get a bit more height out of them this week. Just got my exhaust fan and filter cause they already are giving off a smell that is noticeable in the house. I also ordered a trellis that Ill have in place before I start the flowering phase.

Any tips and tricks from any of you would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks Turbo, I purchased the Maui through mjseeds and they don't specify where they get that strain from. I can only hope good things. My main concern at the moment is that all three are female. I checked out your grow and really liked how yours turned out. They look like they are flowering quite nicely.

Thanks. I'm not happy with mine right now they should look far better than they do between irrigation and environmental problems they've had a rough life so far but they'll make a bunch of seeds for future runs so it's all good.

That's interesting that they don't specify a breeder.

UPDATE!!!!
DEC 3RD switched to flowering!!
Had some trouble with temp control and humidity last week moving the tent to a different location and adding the exhaust fan and filter. They have bounced back nicely and needed a bit of trimming and super cropping done. The Purple Kush is showing definite signs of fem on the branches, the 2 Maui's still leave me guessing. I have a trellis sitting in waiting and height so far is good. I have been giving them a good watering with a Nutes dose about every 3-4 days cutting the dose in the amount in half which seems to work better then one dose for the week at recommended concentrate. Has anyone else found this beneficial?

And now for the pics...
DSC_2360.JPG

They are very cozy in the tent!! Post trim, LST and super cropped

DSC_2362.JPG

Maui super cropped

DSC_2363.JPG

Maui #2 super cropped

DSC_2364.JPG

Purple Kush or more like "Purple Bush", this lady is THICK!! This is after trimming, LST and super cropped

DSC_2365.JPG

The stem of Purple Bush

Well these ladies are really filling out this tent quickly. I’ve moved them around a bit so that the Purple Kush is center and the 2 Maui’s on the side. The Maui’s sure do stretch in flowering. I have to keep adding bends to the branches so they don’t get super tall. The Kush is just staying short and stout. Good pistols forming on all of them so far. Can’t believe my luck that my first grow all three seeds germinated and all 3 were ladies.
AB8C9547-9597-4B36-83BE-1D34F375F3EA.jpeg
860327DC-A7C4-4F99-AB8F-F48A2F53541B.jpeg
80950C36-85B7-4D28-8A3C-89A20CE294ED.jpeg
1C052D23-C695-4D95-965C-20FC4CC88115.jpeg
E595FECC-CD84-4A9B-90FF-AD711D387F72.jpeg

On my 4th week of flowering.
Nutrients are definitely helping and keeping them on the 13 on 11 off cycle seems to be doing well. The Purple Kush isn’t filling out as much as I would like with the flowers but it looks like I could get a great yield from the Maui’s. I’ve increased the water for the Maui’s as the Purple Kush soil seems to stay wet for longer, not as high or growing as much anymore so I figure that’s what the problem is there.

The Purple Kush
19E76E61-8CBF-4758-B9F2-A23A5E58957C.jpeg

D3DA00A1-3C15-4348-AAE2-A62FD165B496.jpeg

The Maui’s
2766029F-B049-4553-959B-1D5E08838DC6.jpeg

A424728B-D830-42F9-BD59-A12FBDE04089.jpeg

011B9826-4993-4A22-8451-694080EE8DFA.jpeg

E2351987-9080-451B-93F3-CB687CF38790.jpeg

Been 64 days since I germinated these seeds. The feminized Purple Kush is looking really good. The Maui’s are coming along but not as far along as the Purple Kush. Was starting to get worried because the Kush wasn’t needing the same amount of water/nuts as the Maui’s. The plant looks good but wasn’t drinking as much, I think because it wasn’t as tall and focusing on the flowers. I lifted it closer to the light 2 days ago and it’s made a huge difference. Drinking more and flowers filling out a lot better now. The Maui’s have stretched and filled out the space so much I think it was starving the Kush of light.

Question, do I need to buy a magnifying glass to watch for when it’s time to harvest?

Here is what the Kush looks like right now.
01E150D1-0503-4F09-8FF6-B240CB2DC5AA.jpeg
6FCB6269-C503-44DF-8474-E320A69B2060.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom