PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

thank you @Stltoed bookmarked!

this whole thing is getting allot better and interesting. In soil i was watering it every five to seven days and just letting it be. except when i was doing low stress training or defoliating.

i feel like i'm back in school in chemistry class lol!

This book really tells you what im talking about. If you can master deficiencies and excesses of N P K and the popular secondary elements you will be much farther ahead

ok, so remember the pump i had that was rotating the res water. I put a hose to it and pushed the water to the pibbles.

ok, so remember the pump i had that was rotating the res water. I put a hose to it and pushed the water to the pibbles.
Gotta get them pibbles nice and moist!

2020-11-29 08.54.16.jpg
2020-11-29 08.54.44.jpg
2020-11-29 08.54.57.jpg
2020-11-29 08.55.03.jpg

i don't know if i am being picky. Maybe i am looking to deep into this or something is just not right.

water levels has dropped on the right res. the nutrient level are up and i was thinking of making a gallon of res water mixed with z9 and then adding that to it whenever it runs low. Do you guys think that would work?
The pump are pushing water to the pibbles and the roots from with in the res

i also think the Gorilla glue on the right is hungry. lights are adjusted and i see the new leaves being light green.

The mystery girl on the left dosnt look good but her numbers are in order.
adjusting ph to hit 5.8, ever since plant change the EC has been dropping. so, she is eating and drinking but aint looking good. :hmmmm:

2020-11-29 08.54.16.jpg
2020-11-29 08.54.44.jpg
2020-11-29 08.54.57.jpg
2020-11-29 08.55.03.jpg

i don't know if i am being picky. Maybe i am looking to deep into this or something is just not right.

water levels has dropped on the right res. the nutrient level are up and i was thinking of making a gallon of res water mixed with z9 and then adding that to it whenever it runs low. Do you guys think that would work?
The pump are pushing water to the pibbles and the roots from with in the res

i also think the Gorilla glue on the right is hungry. lights are adjusted and i see the new leaves being light green.

The mystery girl on the left dosnt look good but her numbers are in order.
adjusting ph to hit 5.8, ever since plant change the EC has been dropping. so, she is eating and drinking but aint looking good. :hmmmm:

She may not be liking her roots being that cold. You're approaching the too cold mark of 16C. Around temp you can experience nutrient uptake issues, slowed growth, etc.
....i could be wrong, I'm just going with my limited experience (wait for somebody else to chime in).
Personally if you're going through the added expense and trouble of the Z9, I'd aim for 18-20C for a reservoir temp.

She may not be liking her roots being that cold. You're approaching the too cold mark of 16C. Around temp you can experience nutrient uptake issues, slowed growth, etc.
....i could be wrong, I'm just going with my limited experience (wait for somebody else to chime in).
Personally if you're going through the added expense and trouble of the Z9, I'd aim for 18-20C for a reservoir temp.
well said, you've mentioned that before. with the lower temps.
i am using the fan from my carbon filter and although it set to the lowest fan speed but it gets really cold. outside its at 0c right now and all that cold air is getting hit to the res.
2020-11-18 17.27.15.jpg
1.jpg

I've got my digiten temp put on and set the temps the high temp on 20c and low on 16c. The digiten is set to work stay stabilized at 18c.

well said, you've mentioned that before. with the lower temps.
i am using the fan from my carbon filter and although it set to the lowest fan speed but it gets really cold. outside its at 0c right now and all that cold air is getting hit to the res.
2020-11-18 17.27.15.jpg
1.jpg

I've got my digiten temp put on and set the temps the high temp on 20c and low on 16c. The digiten is set to work stay stabilized at 18c.
Dealing with the same temps. I put a heating mat for seedlings against the res with an Inkbird thermostat (I've got a few of them hanging around, looks roughly the same as yours) running it, temp probe inside the reservoir. Keeps it perfect. If you've got the res on the floor,you can always put something under it (Styrofoam, plywood, etc) to insulate from the cold floor maybe? But again, let's wait before you make changes...i was trimming a small harvest yesterday and am feeling it today.

Dealing with the same temps. I put a heating mat for seedlings against the res with an Inkbird thermostat (I've got a few of them hanging around, looks roughly the same as yours) running it, temp probe inside the reservoir. Keeps it perfect. If you've got the res on the floor,you can always put something under it (Styrofoam, plywood, etc) to insulate from the cold floor maybe? But again, let's wait before you make changes...i was trimming a small harvest yesterday and am feeling it today.
do you put the sensor inside the res?

do you put the sensor inside the res?
Yes, the Inkbird one is waterproof and even used in aquariums. I've got three different types of their controllers, the Wi-Fi temp controller is the best of them IMO.

2020-11-29 11.50.44.jpg
Ok, so i put the sensor inside the left res which gets a lot colder than the right res. I've also adjusted the outlets so they are sitting against the round shape of res better.

2020-11-29 12.01.02.jpg

2020-11-29 11.50.54.jpg
Ok, so i finally got the two other clones that were in cube wool inside of dirt. This is a pre-used promix hp. I've been giving it many gallons of water and its been raining on from the last few days. I mixed all the soil together. Added couple cups of worm casting and mixed it well.

The plants are inside of a cup which only has pre-used promix hp that has been washed down. The ppm coming out was at 50 i think.

The plants are inside of a clear plastic cup. I took this from @Buds Buddy journal and i think its perfect how you can see the roots before transplanting. I'm planning on experimenting his method on these two mystery girls.

Since i am at my limit of grow, i will be doing Dos SI, wedding cake and my arriving seeds next winter season. I don't want to risk my good seeds during summer here. I am also thinking this grow should be ready during summer time.

You're approaching the too cold mark of 16C. Around temp you can experience nutrient uptake issues, slowed growth, etc.
Here's a good article on temperature and cannabis:

Along with everything else, it says:
"...low temperatures will detrimentally affect the root system and the uptake of nutrients, particularly in the case of magnesium. This micro-nutrient is vital for the proper development of the cannabis plant and if the substrate is colder than 18ºC then this element is most likely not being absorbed by the plant."

"...low temperatures will detrimentally affect the root system and the uptake of nutrients, particularly in the case of magnesium. This micro-nutrient is vital for the proper development of the cannabis plant and if the substrate is colder than 18ºC then this element is most likely not being absorbed by the plant."
that temp setting is for res. its now at 18c

18C or 64F doesn't seem to me to be that bad to me. Ive has my res at 58 (not on purpose) and never had any nutrient issue. It was probably a week before it was above 64C. The plants DO slow way down, but I never thought they were in danger of death. Just an observation

well right now the digital thermo sensor is in side the res and its been off for the last few hours.
It's at 18.3c right now. It wont go any lower than 16 c and above 20c the fan will kick in.

I also mixed 1 gallon of water with 1.25ml of Z9 A+Band filled up each res. the ph was adjusted on the res so i did not ph the mixed water.

Back
Top Bottom