PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

how can you even figure it need more cal mag? is it a deficiency like the rusted areas on the leaves?
That sounds like a lot. Thankfully Calcium is pretty forgiving when overdone. The Magnesium unfortunately isn't. If you aren't showing Calcium or Magnesium issues I don't think I'd push it.

I never understood the LED needing more Calmag thing. Ive seen a couple explanations, as to why, but I just don't know

how can you even figure it need more cal mag? is it a deficiency like the rusted areas on the leaves?
This is a Calmag issue.
If your plants lower leaves ever start to look like that give them Calmag

Calcium is straight to rust spots, magnesium is yellowing between the leaf veins, then rust spots.
I just treat it as the same thing. Im gonna give it the same stuff to fix it. In hydro its pretty obvious when it happens

ok, in soil i've never had that issue with the gorilla glue or the mystery girls

ok, in soil i've never had that issue with the gorilla glue or the mystery girls
I've never had a calmag problem in soil. Come to think of it, I dont think I've seen a Calmag issue in soil... I know it happens, but...

In hydro its super common.

2020-11-28 13.34.53.jpg
2020-11-28 13.34.50.jpg
2020-11-28 13.35.01.jpg
2020-11-28 13.35.05.jpg
ok, so here is this afternoons reading. tent temp at 22c/32%

The only thing i am noticing is the ph drift too frequently vs when i setup the res and add the ph down/mc+Z9 the ph stays allot more stable.

PPM going up but the water level was low.

i'm not freaking out, but to my understanding ppm should go down with water level and ph should rise. what am i not understanding and i'm sry if i keep asking this, but i just don't get it?
this makes feel stupid cuz i just said that they were fine this morning :hmmmm:

2020-11-28 13.34.53.jpg
2020-11-28 13.35.01.jpg
2020-11-28 13.34.50.jpg

2020-11-28 13.35.05.jpg
ok, so here is this afternoons reading. tent temp at 22c/32%

The only thing i am noticing is the ph drift too frequently vs when i setup the res and add the ph down/mc+Z9 the ph stays allot more stable.

PPM going up but the water level was low.

i'm not freaking out, but to my understanding ppm should go down with water level and ph should rise. what am i not understanding and i'm sry if i keep asking this, but i just don't get it?
The plant took in water leaving the PPMs at a higher concentration. Probably gonna need to add some water

The plant took in water leaving the PPMs at a higher concentration. Probably gonna need to add some water
lmfao! i do feel stupid now :idea:

Oh stop. What does the chart say? Acid rain? Nutrient leaching. Does anyone know what that even means? Haha.
will see what the chart says when i do a check this evening. I've noticed the three checks i do morning, afternoon and evening all have different facts. So the plant is doing something but i'm just not understanding the hydroponic grow style. I am understanding more as i go though. I just didn't figure to top of the water when it goes down. I figured you want the water level and nutrients in the bucket to go down and not top of so that the roots grow.

noobie right here:rolleyes:

i will be topping up water from now on as that would diload the nutrients in the system which would mean that the nutrients should drop.

will see what the chart says when i do a check this evening. I've noticed the three checks i do morning, afternoon and evening all have different facts. So the plant is doing something but i'm just not understanding the hydroponic grow style. I am understanding more as i go though. I just didn't figure to top of the water when it goes down. I figured you want the water level and nutrients in the bucket to go down and not top of so that the roots grow.

noobie right here:rolleyes:
You're right about the top watering. It would mess up your mix... dont top water unless you use the water in your bucket. Just be very certain your roots won't dry out. I use Rapid Rooters which hold a fair amount water that helps keep the seedling/clone moist.

You're right about the top watering. It would mess up your mix... dont top water unless you use the water in your bucket. Just be very certain your roots won't dry out. I use Rapid Rooters which hold a fair amount water that helps keep the seedling/clone moist.
to late for that now. Already top waterd. However, each res has a pump which rotates the water and there is also air stones which should do enough air bubbles. I'll let it go and see what happens with this even checks.

the only issue with top watering is that i don't know when i need to ad Z9.

to late for that now. Already top waterd. However, each res has a pump which rotates the water and there is also air stones which should do enough air bubbles. I'll let it go and see what happens with this even checks.

the only issue with top watering is that i don't know when i need to ad Z9.
There's a transition point between when you add a new clone/seedling to your rig and when its roots hit the water. This is the time to top water. Your Z9 shouldn't even be a factor in this conversation. Take the water from your bucket (that already has Z9 in it) and top water with it.

There's a transition point between when you add a new clone/seedling to your rig and when its roots hit the water. This is the time to top water. Your Z9 shouldn't even be a factor in this conversation. Take the water from your bucket (that already has Z9 in it) and top water with it.
but that wouldn't feel up the res? the water level would be still at the low level.
also, i only filled up less than quarter of a gallon. so the drop was very minor.

but that wouldn't feel up the res? the water level would be still at the low level.
also, i only filled up less than quarter of a gallon. so the drop was very minor.
Your top water will come from your bucket and go back into it as it runs through the plant, which won't take any time. Fill the res as you normally would

Your top water will come from your bucket and go back into it as it runs through the plant, which won't take any time. Fill the res as you normally would
lol, no wonder dwc always turns into a rdwc

lol, no wonder dwc always turns into a rdwc
Its just so much easier. They are usually bigger. Even my little 2 pot is 50 gallons, so the nutrients will last quite a while. The res makes taking measurements easier, adding and removing nutrient water easier. My Silica is a bit of a beast. I can isolate the res, add the Silica then mix it with the semi contaminated water in the buckets without any problems. The res is a huge asset.

Now, you stated you were worried about about leaks since your living in an apartment. This alone would be a red flag for me. I'd look into a large tray that at the least heald as much water as was in my system. Getting sued would suck

Back
Top Bottom