PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

@Stltoed beautiful set up man just beautiful. did I hear you say that you push 300 gals a day through your babys?
Thank you.

No the filter is capable of putting out 300 gallons a day of RO water. These filters are notoriously slow. Some only 75 gallons a day

Lux works great if you just need to know how strong your lights are at one height vs. another, or where the falloff happens. And if you have a single temp light you can convert it to PPFD. Won't work for burples though.
I was under the impression that since it only measures a small part portion of the spectrum it isn't a very good at measuring output. Definitely not good at comparing light output from one light to another, so if you were to give someone a number for them to use it may be measuring a valley in the spectrum from one light to others and the 2 meters measuring would need to be the same model. Really too bad a meter that will give a usable measurement is expensive

lol, that's the 2nd thing i got from you

Simple nutrient & Strength : Mega Crop \ more grams the stronger it gets
O2 dissolved: I don't get this?
a good light: TS 1000, SP3000 with FC3000 on its way
Fresh air in/out: I am grabbing fresh cold air from outside of the window and pushing it right to the tent where the res are. No exhaust as the tent door is open. Tent TEMPS/RH 24c/31%
USE Z9: to my understanding you use z9 when you do water change on the res
Top Water: I have the water level right by the pibbles. or right above the cup hole.

ph pen is the once i can adjust. Its the yellow once from amazon and i make my ph solution every week in a glass jar.
I've thought of bluelab but i needed my storage solution before dropping 250 dollars on ph/tds from bluelab
i don't have CalMag or silica but have heard this two go hand in hand on hydro? i am just not sure with MC

Won't be going with these girls to aeroponic as my tap water is very neutral
Dissolved O2 is your oxygen content in your water. 10 PPMs is the saturation point at a given temperature... your target. If you ever have to ability to measure your O2 you want at least 7PPMs

I'm not a fan of Mars personally, it appears they've gotten better, but im kinda picky

Fresh air is good

Thats right about Z9

Top watering is taking a jug of reservoir water and watering the top of your pibbles ensuring your new roots have no chance of drying out do it twice a day every day till your roots hit the water

You aren't using Calmag? I missed that. Be sure to use Calmag. Since your water has next to none in it you need to supply it. Your plant will not grow without it. Its highly likely possible this is your problem

Don't worry about Silica

I think the chart is for more important than you think. Several of us have used it for some big harvests. Probably the best thing about it is the consistency it gives you.
I would disagree

Yea I use MC with a little extra calmag. Not all plants need the extra calmag but my Chems and TK are magnesium whores.
So Mega Crop has Calmag? If so, that's great. Kind of a bummer though. A lack of Calmag would explain a lot

I was under the impression that since it only measures a small part portion of the spectrum it isn't a very good at measuring output.
As I mentioned, if you're working with fixed spectum lights, the PPFD conversion tables/calculators takes color temperature into account when doing the calculation.
Definitely not good at comparing light output from one light to another,
Not lux to lux for different lights, but PPFD to PPFD would be accurate if you do the calcs.
Really too bad a meter that will give a usable measurement is expensive
Facts!

It has calcium and magnesium in the formula. Most strains you won’t need extra calcium.
Great! Let's leave Calmag out for now. If there's enough to grow most plants then you should be good. Just watch out for crunchy lower leaves sometimes there are small spots. You should have at least a small bottle in case you run into the above issues. If/when the issues occur mix a small batch of foliar spray so you won't have to touch your nutrient water. Thoroughly spray the plants for 2 days, get the leaves underside. then dump the sprayer out. It won't do you any good to leave the mix in the sprayer more than a few days. If the problem gets worse repeat the foliar spray.

As I mentioned, if you're working with fixed spectum lights, the PPFD conversion tables/calculators takes color temperature into account when doing the calculation.

Not lux to lux for different lights, but PPFD to PPFD would be accurate if you do the calcs.

Facts!
If you say so

I was just going to ask about that. Since PK's TDS is only 70ppm at the faucet he's not starting off with much calcium from water hardness.
Yeah, but you would never rely on the Calcium in your water as a viable element for plants. There may be a bunch but could be completely unavailable to the plant.

thank you everyone for your input. I think what i am going to do with all that info is to let it sit with MC and just adjust my ph. Currently both plants are eating and drinking. The leaching has stopped ever since @Rexer told me to bring the ppm down. Unfortunately this was something on the chart that was saying to uprise my ppm. However, i've had moments that the chart was on point.

my ph storage meter also arrived today . so, i put some in the cap of the ph.

@The Phantom the storage liquid comes up at 3.4 ph?
does the ph drift in a glass bottle that has a lid? cuz my ph solution is still showing ph 4.01

I know my LEDs seem to cause my plants to demand more. I'm running a cal/mag supplement with MC and I'm considering bumping up the dosage of it to 125% the recommended.
That sounds like a lot. Thankfully Calcium is pretty forgiving when overdone. The Magnesium unfortunately isn't. If you aren't showing Calcium or Magnesium issues I don't think I'd push it.

I never understood the LED needing more Calmag thing. Ive seen a couple explanations, as to why, but I just don't know

Back
Top Bottom