Looks lush and green! Those lowers look kind of shaded though. Are the CFLs down low when they're on?

No, it's not very low. I was just doing trial runs today so it's about 24" above the plants and off to the one side. I'm going to try my 100w instead of the 125w and see how much of a difference that will make in temperature.

The lowers are definitely shaded :(
My LED light doesn't have enough penetration. I believe that's my issue. I've tried tucking the two top fan leaves but there's too much node spacing and I haven't been successful in moving them out of the way just yet :confused:

No, it's not very low. I was just doing trial runs today so it's about 24" above the plants and off to the one side. I'm going to try my 100w instead of the 125w and see how much of a difference that will make in temperature.

The lowers are definitely shaded :(
My LED light doesn't have enough penetration. I believe that's my issue. I've tried tucking the two top fan leaves but there's too much node spacing and I haven't been successful in moving them out of the way just yet :confused:

Heat issues suck, ive had ro deal with those. Gotta get creative with the fans. You can pony tail those two leaves up. I did that with my Train Wreck Auto and the leaves were so strong and trying to push the ponytail down. They strughled out of the scrunchy rubber band hair tie i used to hold them up. I also finished an ultra lemon haze auto earlier this year I really like it!

Heat issues suck, ive had ro deal with those. Gotta get creative with the fans. You can pony tail those two leaves up. I did that with my Train Wreck Auto and the leaves were so strong and trying to push the ponytail down. They strughled out of the scrunchy rubber band hair tie i used to hold them up. I also finished an ultra lemon haze auto earlier this year I really like it!

Interesting method! Thanks for the tip, I might just give that a try

You can pony tail those two leaves up
That's okay for about 4 hours at a time for a plant in veg, but I'm not sure I want to wrap up my main cola like that! I always tuck leaves down, and if they don't stay down I twist tie to the stem.
Lemon Haze decided to start her stretch!
Now, will this cause lighting issues with the other plant not stretching yet? When stretching starts should I lower my light to be closer to the bud sites?
The light height is determined by a few variables. First is coverage (higher means more), second is intensity (lower is more), third is light/heat stress (lower is more). You want the to balance those as the plant grows, veg or flower. If you lower the light you need to watch the tops for stress, even more so because as you lower the light, the plant is growing up to it at the same time. And your coverage area gets narrower...things to consider!

Great news!

My wife has decided to help fund a new light, so I'll be able to get the Mars Hydro Reflector 192!
Screenshot_20190206-010409_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190206-010450_Chrome.jpg

It may be a tad overkill for the two plants I have now in a small closet space...but this way I'll have the option to have a couple more ladies if I want plus much better light penetration and overall coverage. :yahoo:

Friggin. Stoked. :slide:

Also, I've found that using the 105w CFL in short 30 minute intervals every couple of hours doesn't mess the temp up too bad. Shouldn't have to worry about the CFLs at all once the new light gets here! Unfortunately the LH is already stretching out and I fear she'll be too far along by the time I get the new light, for it to make much of a difference

If you can regulate humidity that well, then I would say to check general guide lines and go from there. I don't know what they are, I live in a desert and humidity equals problems for me. That being said, I know there are optimal levels, I would however be cautious when in flower, too much humidity will raise your chances of bud rot etc, keep those temps a bit warmer. White Powdery Mildew and other fungus's are airborne. If you like to keep the humidity up then keep warmer temps too, Bud rot loves cool temperatures and humidity. I keep my tents in the mid 80's, and my girls don't mind at all.

Day 27 from seed:
20190207_113838.jpg
20190207_113831.jpg

Moving right along! Pots are a little light. I'll water the girls before work. Everything's looking ok so far. No nutrient issues I can see. Hopefully she'll make some decent buds! She's a little spacey, but anything that doesn't die is a successful first grow in my book!

Looks really healthy. Best you can do it hit them with all the light you can. Can you gently lean the main stem at all? Or even prop up one side of the pot and lean the whole thing to get light down below?

In flower I water a day earlier than I would have in veg. I don't let the pots get as light when they're flowering.

Yes, I can bend the main stem. I was afraid the low stress during this period would upset her. I'll go bend her down now. :)

Yeah, I haven't been letting them get super dry. Just enough to make the pot decently lighter. I figured they'd be a little thirstier during flower

Back
Top Bottom