Poor, CFL, Stealth, Maybe a Little Luck?

Yes that is a great cheap grow box. Plants are gonna love the extra space and light. You gonna go to the home de-pot to get more duct tape tomorrow? Get a couple more Y adapters while you're there.

Thanks for the compliment, I feel that the plants will like it too. Plus now I'm not going to be stressing out about if I have enough room for the plants to grow. Walmart has the cheapest duct tape lol. Also the cheapest light bulbs. Not that I like going there, you just can't beat the prices.

im loving this grow and the new box is great!! as i am broke also i am getting a lot of great tips! i am just trying to learn everything i can now before i start, cuz i wanna take care of my girls! any other tips would be great! thanks and happy growing!!

:peace: SmokinDime

Dfw guy, Great job man.. my little pc case has been outgrown, so i took your design and adapted it, very clever.. i love how the comp fans take the rising heat out and manage to pull air thru the bottom inlets.. what kind of carbon filter are you useing..exactly? and where on earth did u get the 3 clutter light?? i cant find one anywhere!

Thanks for stopping by Harleybo. I appreciate that we can all learn from each other ;)
Here's where I got the 3 cluster socket, it was hard to find and I'd be happy to spread it.
Lamp Sockets - CLUSTER FIXTURE SOCKETS - TX Lamp parts
About the carbon filter. Just today I bought a $15 fabreez "true air" air filter. It uses a carbon filter and has a centrifugal fan inside that moves a decent amount of air. I'm going to affix it where the carbon filters I have right now are set. The flaw in my own filter design is that I'm using computer fans, which are axial fans. While great for moving air when there is no or little resistance behind it, all fans of that design suck when there's something it has to push the air through. You can notice this yourself when you put your shirt in front of a regular house fan. Very little of the air will pass threw the shirt and most of it will actually be pushed backwards. This is what I had happening in my box. Centrifugal fans will not push air backwards, and will push air threw resistance. They're used a lot in industrial applications. This is what the fabreez fan has. I'll still keep the 120mm fan that's on top, but I'll put the others, or just choose 1, inside for internal air movement. I'm going keep 2 of the carbon filters I have taped and put the fabreez filter in the center.
The exact carbon filters I used I would not recommend. They're meant for aquariums, not for filtering air. Though I can recommend something to you, if you want to test your luck w/ the same problem I had (axial fans not pushing air). At walmart in the air filter section, by the small stand alone airfilter units (not the fan section) is where you can buy carbon filters actually meant for air filtration. They're $10 for a pack of 3 and are like 7"x5".
What I would recommend is that you buy what I did. It's the cheapest centrifugal fan/carbon filter combo I've seen and it should move enough air for a small set-up like the one I have. I would guess the fan moves 40 CFM. My new big box is 24"x18"x36", or 9 cubic feet.
Peace man, and good luck to ya. +rep for asking questions

The Butcher: Thanks man, grow boxes aren't as hard to make as they may seem ;) Plus this new one cost $5 for everything

Here's some new pics, Enjoy :smokin:
Saw a pistil turning amber for the first time :yummy:
DSCN1195.JPG

DSCN11941.JPG

DSCN11921.JPG

DSCN1191.JPG

DSCN1188.JPG

DSCN11871.JPG

DSCN11751.JPG

DSCN11731.JPG

DSCN11721.JPG

DSCN11712.JPG

very very nice job, clean chalis(bong).And nice job of L.S.T'n.got clones for the next run?if not you should use your other box to veg the next gen. that way there wont be a veg time when you harvesting.While your harvesting they could start flowering.then the next thing you know 8 weeks go by and your already harvesting again.think bout it.while these are drying and your patiently waiting that week thats a week down and only 7 more to go til your clipping away again.just suggestion i know space is limited.

P.S that last pict is the money shot.

very very nice job, clean chalis(bong).And nice job of L.S.T'n.got clones for the next run?if not you should use your other box to veg the next gen. that way there wont be a veg time when you harvesting.While your harvesting they could start flowering.then the next thing you know 8 weeks go by and your already harvesting again.think bout it.while these are drying and your patiently waiting that week thats a week down and only 7 more to go til your clipping away again.just suggestion i know space is limited.

P.S that last pict is the money shot.
Isn't it bad to clone when your flowering? Besides I didn't plan to keep this strain going, it's not that great lol. Thanks for the input!
your plants are super! +rep dfw guy
good luck with it!

thanks for the link man, now i just gotta come up w/ some cash. i'll soon post pics on my grow journal. i havent been able to lately for lack of prompt internet access, theyre 21 days old today,i've taken pics every other day.. i will just end up posting them all at the same time.. anyway, hope to get back to you w/ progress soon.

i havent heard its bad to clone while in flowering, i just did it while my plant was in week 3.. and all 4 survived their 2 weeks of rooting and now are ready to go back under 12/12 lighting...
heres 1 of my little ladies
DSCN03702.JPG

well when isay rooted i mean rooted.But i've put clones straight to flower in fact i just added 1 to my garden.but what i mean is your working with 2 plants that you've LST'd?
that means cut SAY..6 clones pick the 2 strongest then put them in soil let them veg while this one is ripening up for you.so the night these get pulled those are ready to go. thats if thier big enough for you to play with.that way you can cut the time your waitng to harvest again.and thats if you want to do another grow.just suggestion.i've done this for so long it would be wierd not to.even if its just 1 plant. i always had a lil lady by my side.

I'm glad everyone agrees duct tape is awesome.
Today is flower day 21, Now entering the 3rd week of flowering ;)
They grew another inch last night, and buds are getting larger. Anyone have an estimate of when the growing will stop? Will it ever? I only have 4 or 5 inches of grow height left before I would have to make the box bigger.

According to my math, day 21 would finish week 3 and enter week 4. ;)

Regarding the stretch phase, expect 40% of the flowering period to be the stretch phase and the last 60% the ripening phase assuming the following is true.

CannaStats - The 40/60 Phenomena

I'm all caught up again on the thread. I like the new grow cab. I'm going to have to build me one for a veg box. Got a few clones that appear to be taking, so they need their own space. Thanks for the inspiration DFW-Guy.

Back
Top Bottom