Pot and prostate cancer

magwa999

I am a newbie on here but not to pot. I am 66 and stopped smoking pot about 20 years ago. Having found out this summer that I have stage 4 prostate cancer which has metastasized to my bones and a couple years to live went looking for something to help. Looked it up and sure enough people were saying smoke pot. At this point I was wondering if I should have quit smoking before? When I found out a few people had the same diagnosis as me had stopped it by smoking pot but mainly the oil I said OK. I have a script up here in the north and find it rather awesome that I now have it sent to me in the mail. Vaping it and smoking it and soon to start cooking with it. Oil is now legal up here and they have it but waiting for licensing. Ironic to me, I started smoking pot when I was 15 and kept it up until I was 46 and only stopped because it got expensive and now I smoke to cure me. If only my Mom was alive, WOW.
I will keep you posted.
Have been smoking a lot for the past couple of months.
I will have a blood test in two weeks to give me an update.
j

:welcome: to :420: magwa999!
Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. You came to the right place to learn and share.
I'm in a similar situation although currently cancer free from colon cancer at 62. I stopped smoking in the 70's and picked it back up a year ago.
Best of luck with the RSO treatments! :high-five:

Hi, magwa!

Welcome, and thank you for your story. As Major said, this is a great community, especially with information about RSO and its use in treating various ailments. I'm going to point you in the direction of the Cannabis Oilers United, a particularly friendly and knowledgeable subgroup here at 420Magazine where people share lots of info about RSO, CCO and generally support and help each other. You may find it a great home base as you explore and get to know the large site (which can be, admittedly, dauntingly huge) :)

Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

I wish you all the best in your journey!

:Namaste:

Hey magwa, welcome to 420magazine!

You've already met two of the most important people you need to know, so I won't interject other than to say I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis and hope you get a great result on your blood test. Please keep us updated, you've now got new family that is concerned and cares about you.

I would like to thank you all for being so kind and helpful and thoughtful. Its a new year and a new day and every day is the first day of the rest of my life.

Thanks again and wondering if anyone has the same cancer and if not any ideas on here where I can find them. Just wanting to talk to someone about what they are going through. I can buy 60 grams a month but stay around 30 until the oil comes.

I am glad you found cannabis again and also this site. Much positive energy your way magwa. Those doctors make estimations of time based on the average case and also not based on cannabis. You are taking steps to be one of many success stories. Looking forward to seeing you around. For a long time!!!!

I second what shiggity said, looking forward to see you around for a long time! Welcome to the wonderful world of 420 mag. Make yourself at home because that is what this place is......a virtual home.

Thanks and being 66 and to start smoking again was totally ironic for me. WELL, I had a lot of Vapor leftovers so thought I would make some cannabutter with it to try it out. Didn't think much would happen, took two sticks of butter with about 40 or so grams of vape poo. Put it in crockpot with some water on low for about 4 hours. This is an old crockpot so low was much higher than new ones. Anyway I made some brownies with about a sticks worth and WOW knocked out for a few hours, the size was about one inch by one inch and I had two. My wife who has not got high for about twenty or more years thought she would try a small one and BONK on the head she got a little higher than she was used to, but it was fun anyway.
I had to laugh because about 30 years ago I was known as the killer pot brownie maker. We used to take an ounce and saute it in butter for about two hours on the stove and then put everything and I mean all of it butter and pot in the batch. My friend Jimmy wanted some brownies for his birthday and gave me an ounce. I told him but he said the whole thing. Well needless to say Jimmy never got to celebrate his birthday as he passed out on the hammock. Those were the days and now they are back again, love it. I will now take much smaller bites to find a happy medium.
Thanks again for all the support from everybody and I get results of my psa test this week. No matter what, its been a long strange trip indeed..........

Thanks and being 66 and to start smoking again was totally ironic for me. WELL, I had a lot of Vapor leftovers so thought I would make some cannabutter with it to try it out. Didn't think much would happen, took two sticks of butter with about 40 or so grams of vape poo. Put it in crockpot with some water on low for about 4 hours. This is an old crockpot so low was much higher than new ones. Anyway I made some brownies with about a sticks worth and WOW knocked out for a few hours, the size was about one inch by one inch and I had two. My wife who has not got high for about twenty or more years thought she would try a small one and BONK on the head she got a little higher than she was used to, but it was fun anyway.
I had to laugh because about 30 years ago I was known as the killer pot brownie maker. We used to take an ounce and saute it in butter for about two hours on the stove and then put everything and I mean all of it butter and pot in the batch. My friend Jimmy wanted some brownies for his birthday and gave me an ounce. I told him but he said the whole thing. Well needless to say Jimmy never got to celebrate his birthday as he passed out on the hammock. Those were the days and now they are back again, love it. I will now take much smaller bites to find a happy medium.
Thanks again for all the support from everybody and I get results of my psa test this week. No matter what, its been a long strange trip indeed..........

heh heh heh -- I made brownies just like that 25 years ago! Good to share those memories, magwa!

I also had a similar experience to yours with new canna butter recipes. I made canna butter from the trim from my first grow, decrying it, using a slow cooker and adding lecithin so that the THC is more bioavailable and it KNOCKED ME ON MY ASS like nothing I had ever had! It was fun, for sure, but was way more powerful than anything I had had!

Anyway, I'm so glad you're here. There are many good reasons to enjoy the herb and as we get older it gets more and more precious, I think :)

Just came back from getting my psa number 0.37......HOORAY

HOORAY! WOO HOO! That's amazing! I'm so glad for you :)

:party:

heh heh heh -- I made brownies just like that 25 years ago! Good to share those memories, magwa!

I also had a similar experience to yours with new canna butter recipes. I made canna butter from the trim from my first grow, decrying it, using a slow cooker and adding lecithin so that the THC is more bioavailable and it KNOCKED ME ON MY ASS like nothing I had ever had! It was fun, for sure, but was way more powerful than anything I had had!

Anyway, I'm so glad you're here. There are many good reasons to enjoy the herb and as we get older it gets more and more precious, I think :)

HOORAY! WOO HOO! That's amazing! I'm so glad for you :)

:party:

So by putting in the lecithin it helps getting it to the cancer??

Back
Top Bottom