PotChimp's Side Projects

rarely ever look at trichomes....
I think most growers tend to harvest on the early side

I think so too. I never look at trichomes. I know it’s pointless because if they don’t tell me what I already think, I’m just going to ignore them anyway.

three paint cans (my highly technological canopy leveling system).

I keep sticking blocks of wood under various plants to raise them up to even them out. Then I’ll look under there one day cause I can’t find any more blocks and every pot has piles of blocks under it. Then I crawl in and take most of them out again

:lot-o-toke:

"Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it." said the creature that kept going to war with itself, documenting those wars in books, reading those books, learning in great detail from them, and again going to war with itself.
"That's okay. Freedom is never free." said the creature who must have gotten in the free-dumb line twice in order to even think such a stupid thing. Moisture is never moist either, huh braniac? :eye-roll:
"You have to fight for your freedom." said the creature who didn't realize how pathetic that statement makes mankind as a whole look.... :cough::cough::cough:

‘Give me liberty or give me death !!!’ - said the man who owned 67 slaves at the time of his death. Pretty noble. Kinda makes all those slaves look a bit spineless, though, when you think about it...

Killer A5 Haze

Ha ha. Keep fighting the good fight :)

I tried to order that one yesterday from Ace, again. I tried to use my girlfriend’s credit card which immediately got shut down, same as last time. Will have to have a word with those nice bankers.

A little Pineapple Chunk I have going -which I sprayed with STS.

(No Not STD ya stupid f$&king phone -let me correct that. Great image though- thanks)

Made according to the tutorial that Mr Krip posted somewhere and ingredients I got on eeebay. I sprayed it about a half dozen times over the last two weeks which was probably overkill, but worked. So far.

Hey, what's up? Good to hear from you; it's been a while! :thumb: I got my STS ingredients from the same place. I'll try to find that tutorial before I start. I was just going to start a day before I switch to 12/12 and go online to see how often to apply it. I read the company's instructions before, but it's been a few months.

Nice to see you too :) Quite difficult to get around to catching up again when I go off the forum for a while. Plants are looking great. Nevilles Haze has been my favorite but that Apollo 13 sure is a beauty too.

i still don’t know really how often to apply the STS either but it worked this time.
If you’re mixing from scratch with the two base ingredients then you need a .scale that can measure in 1/100 of grams and even then the amounts of chemicals are so small that I end up mixing more than I need and dumping the extra mix out, just to be able to weigh the ingredients,
Too bad it doesn’t have the same effect on humans from what I saw last time I went to the city there’d be a huge demand for the stuff these days and I could start a STS bar and get rich.
Could have saved me a lot of trouble. My ex could have grown balls and mated with herself instead of me..... screaming her own name.... Shudder. :(

I've got the part 1 and part 2 liquid solution STS. It calls for measuring out 5 oz. of distilled water into a spray bottle, putting part 1 in and shaking, putting part two in and shaking, then adding 3 more oz. of distilled water and shaking a final time. It's pretty easy to follow; I just hope it works.

Edit - The directions call for swirling both solutions gently after adding them, not shaking.

Cool- same stuff but the two base chemicals have been premixed with water for you. They won’t last as long mixed, I think, but keep them away from light and you should be able to get quite a few months use from them from what I’ve heard.
While I’m here there’s another thing I meant to ask you. Have you ever had a strain that over time changes and becomes very foxtailey? It happened with my Chocolope, and now it has happened with both of my Carnival phenos. The buds are all sort of unraveled.
But I did switch nutrients (to Mega Crop) which hasn’t gone all that smoothly, so that might be to blame. I guess I’ll ditch the Carnivals and plant more seeds of it.

I've had reveg plants that I've taken clones from too early, and the clones from those seem to grow weird sometimes. My Carnival clone/reveg has a ways to go before I can take a clone from it, or I'm worried the same thing will happen. Erratic growth. My Chocolope clone is growing clustered and with one bladed leaves (some have three), so I'll have to wait until normal growth starts on that one again to take a clone also.

Now that I think about it- the Carnival clones were growing a bit funny with a sort of mild reveg look to them. No idea why. And my Chocolope never lost the single/triple blade look- it was permanent. Thanks. I’ll see if I can coax the Carnival into proper shape before flowering it again.

I just mixed these:

I covered a spray bottle with a black plastic bag and taped around it, including the bottom. It's in the refrigerator now; the light for that Ghost Train Haze #1 plant doesn't come on until later this afternoon, so I can't spray it now. I'll look on their website for exact directions to that specific product as far as application frequency. I'm going to start treating the first plant today after defoliating both plants, then five days from now I'll flip to 12/12.

Doc used to talk about photoperiod stress, and was firm about it. He said that plants don't necessarily grow out of it. That seemed wrong to me, but it was all about the aberrant leaf growth - very few blades on the leaves -1s and 3s and 5s. I haven't had it happen to me yet, but that might be something to research.

Was there an abrupt change in light cycle at a vulnerable stage of growth? Like near the time the cuts were taken? Or seedlings in early veg?

I think I've seen examples where the plant changes its habit from fat leaf to thin leaf, and if you take a cut from the fat-leaf part it will grow with fat leaves, and if you take it from the thinner leaf growth it will grow with thin leaves. It doesn't necessarily return to type.

:bongrip:

I keep everything at 18/6 and almost always leave the cutting under the same light until it takes. I don't know where along the line these changed, but I hope I can get them back to normal. I've taken a few clones in bloom before; maybe that was it.
Maybe I should STS one of these one-leaf wonders and see what happens..... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ghost Train Haze #1 selfing project - The plant in front is the treated plant, and the plant in back will be the pollinated plant:

I'm spraying all the nodes where flowers start out and the tips of each branch, about 2/3 down from top to bottom:

I'll flip to 12/12 tomorrow morning.

Doc used to talk about photoperiod stress, and was firm about it. He said that plants don't necessarily grow out of it. That seemed wrong to me, but it was all about the aberrant leaf growth - very few blades on the leaves -1s and 3s and 5s. I haven't had it happen to me yet, but that might be something to research.

Was there an abrupt change in light cycle at a vulnerable stage of growth? Like near the time the cuts were taken? Or seedlings in early veg?

I think I've seen examples where the plant changes its habit from fat leaf to thin leaf, and if you take a cut from the fat-leaf part it will grow with fat leaves, and if you take it from the thinner leaf growth it will grow with thin leaves. It doesn't necessarily return to type.

:bongrip:

Chocolope clone, taken from another cloned plant that I just put into bloom:

Donor plant to that clone:

Even though the bottom of that donor plant seems normal, I didn't see any leaves with more than five blades.
Nevil's Haze clone:

I'll take a look at that Carnival clone plant later; I have to take a clone off of it soon anyway.

Here it is :)
I pulled it out from under the t5s. It's under my MH now, and I'll transplant it to a bigger pot when I get time (Carnival):

As soon as the branch growing up to the left gets big enough, I'll clone it. I've already taken a clone from it; I'll check that clone later to see if it broke out of the 1-3-5 bladed leaf thing.

I meant the plants going he/she from spraying the STS :rofl:
I suppose it's fitting for truck or treaters tho

Oops. I thought you were talking about trick or treaters dressed up as transvestites..... :straightface:
I don't see anything yet, but I'll check later. It's the third time I've treated the plant; the fourth treatment is Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom