PotChimp's Side Projects

I'd like to explore some Chems (love the smell) but I want to have the real deal. I don't trust the popular banks for that, I guess. Who are these from?

The Cali Connection. And I feel the same way. After everything I've tried to do over the years, I'm thoroughly convinced that there's only one '91 Chem plant (which was cloned to get others), and getting one of those clones is the only way to get the real thing.

Three clone plants from the same donor mother (Sensi Seeds Jack Herer):

Nevil's Haze x Apollo 13 f2:

Golden Goat:

My second-to-latest grow, which is JTR f2, MPK S1, MCK x MPK fem, Diesel fem, Critical Kush fem, Critical Kali Mist fem, Blue Satellite 2.2, Pineapple Skunk fem, and Original Amnesia fem:

I mentally counted the keepers I have the other day and stopped at 13..... :(
I've got to cut that down some.

I mentally counted the keepers I have the other day and stopped at 13..... :(
I've got to cut that down some.
Yeah, that'll happen. ;)

Then you'll add a couple more. :blunt:

What is it that you like about Jack Herer? I haven't smoked it. but it just seemed ordinary to me, from descriptions. Some of the crosses look good ...

This KA5H on the other hand, is damned interesting. I planted 3 seeds, got all 3, and got one of each pheno. Coolz. The tall leggy one came in first and I've been sampling that for a few weeks - oofda, as we say 'round here. Now the short pheno came in and it's drying on strings. And the last one is in the middle, like a leggy hybrid. Tall one foxtailed on loose buds, short one ran hard buds with fat calyxes on a small xmas tree, and the middle one looks like it may grow foxtails with fatter buds. It was fun to get all the phenos in one run. :D I'll get some pics next week when the last one comes down.

But anyway, what do you like about Jack? (Heheh, a lot of jokes in there).

I didn't do the best job of growing it the first time around, but thought it may have some potential so I ran it again. I remember liking the buzz on this one, so I might have gotten lucky. It's easy to grow and clone, though. And I like having Sativas for keepers. Damn, come to think of it, JH is #14 and a MCK x MPK cross I kept last time makes it 15..... :(

This is my KA5H pheno. It doesn't stretch too much, but gets a little tall:

It tends to foxtail sometimes (another plant from the same donor female):

I'm getting rid of this strain (Mendocino Channel Kush). It has a small yield and it doesn't have as much hair on its a$$ as all my other keepers:

Man, that's two plants I had to take hairs off of today.....
I'm not redoing this Jack's Cleaner 2 again, either:

The buds are fluffy, the yield isn't the greatest, and I'm mostly keeping it for sentimental reasons. I don't think it's ever going to be available again with Subcool being passed on. I've got Scarlet Queen and Pandora's Box, though. Might get keeper #16 out of the bunch. And I've got some JTR f2 seeds left.
Definitely never getting rid of this Nevil's Haze (they're kinda small but I put two plants under 12/12 a few days ago to make room in the veg tents):

Gonna do away with that Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1, too. I have a seed or two of it left if I want to make more seeds by selfing a plant. Blue Dream is going, the GDP x GDP I've redone about three times, and maybe Golden Goat.

I really like the flower structure/formation of the KA5H pheno you're working with.:thumb:

I really like the flower structure/formation of the KA5H pheno you're working with.:thumb:
It looks like my middle-sized one. Grows like a well worked sativa, with a willingness to go multiple reblooms. I'm taking mine at 12+ weeks (although my soil has been weak). And all of them have that dense trich coverage. Ace's sample tested at 28%? I can believe it.

It's a really nice buzz too - a little spacey but it doesn't wear me out - usually a nice lift from a fresh hit or two.

Here's those three Sensi Seeds Jack Herer plants, a little farther along. I decided to start using Budswel at full strength from now on instead of 2/3 strength:

The strain I plan on getting rid of :D
Golden Goat:

I put four plants of it in a big pot and put them into bloom yesterday.
Nevil's Haze x Apollo 13 f2 (I plan on my next grow being more seeds of this) :

Nevil's Haze mother, just starting to show hairs:

Dang..... :straightface:
The only two Blue Satellite 2.2 plants I had just got culled today. They were both males:

I was looking forward to smoking some of that, too.

Two Nevil's Haze plants just starting to bloom with a Killer A5 Haze in the background (man, that one's growing crappy):

This KA5H plant is doing okay. If I don't get the clones to take, I'll reveg it:

Probably one of the last Jack's Cleaner 2 plants I'll grow:

Four Golden Goat plants in the same pot. Probably the last grow of this unless it develops some pretty serious gluteus maximus follicles along the road:

It's lucky that the only thing I've suffered from in this last year was low yield, as much as I've had to neglect my grows. I was wondering when I was gonna run into something.
My Golden Goat reveg hermied and it got all three of my Jack Herer plants:

I'm guestimating that I'll be scraping seeds out of about 25-30% of the weed. Every branch that was touching the GG got it. Even this Nevil's Haze I just put in may have gotten pollinated;

Ahh, $hit happens I guess..... :straightface:
I pulled all four of the GG plants I just put into bloom out of their pots and switched them with Mendocino Purple Kush plants so the nutes didn't get wasted.

Back
Top Bottom