Professor Beeker's 4x4 Nirvana NL

What benefits do you think you would gain from scrogging them now?

I've only used a scrog once before and I flipped them too early as I had no vertical growth above the scrog and even continued to tuck the shoots under the scrog after I flipped. The end result was unsatisfactory to say the least.

This time around, I introduced the scrog very early and used it for all LST. I have still not flipped, but have started reducing daylight hours, but will allow at least 6 inches of height before I reach 12/12.

You can follow my progress in my journal by clicking the link in my sig. I'm going to update with some photos later tonight when she wakes up and you will be able to see the incredible difference 1 week makes under the scrog.

Green nailed it, use the scrog instead of lst and stop tucking once you get into stretch. I tucked mine well into stretch and im sure it cost me dearly.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

What do you guys feel my result would be if I just cut wire ties and didn't do anything else, just let them grow?

all topics discussed by me or in threads are strictly fictitious

What do you guys feel my result would be if I just cut wire ties and didn't do anything else, just let them grow?

If their hardened off where their bent may work.
I would consider keeping them restrained at least until mid stretch and you know their not gunna go out of control...

Sent from my LGLS775 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I would consider keeping them restrained at least until mid stretch and you know their not gunna go out of control...

Completely agree.

I can't imagine what you'd gain anyway. I don't believe the restraints are slowing growth so why let the canopy spring out of control now?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok, so if I'm understanding everybody right I should keep the ties, till mid stretch, and scratch using the scrog net this go around?

I just gave them a good flush of pH'd water and I guess my plan is still on for the flip come monday.

Alright. Well let's light this candle. I'm stoked. So I guess if I wanna scrog I need to start that earlier? Like 3 weeks into veg?

Alright. Well let's light this candle. I'm stoked. So I guess if I wanna scrog I need to start that earlier? Like 3 weeks into veg?

Theoretically you could scrog now but its almost like whats the point?

You did a good enough job with lst opening up the plants and keeping things level.
I think if you keep doing what your doing the scrog isnt needed.

Sounds good. Man they look so good. I'm astounded I've gotten this far. We have a big garden every year and do pretty good with that but any specialty plant I try to go always dies on me. Luckily these are weeds I guess .

Pictures are so the way to go. I looked at the one eb uploaded for me the other day and a pic I uploaded this morning. What a difference. You can see the progress so easy with pics. As much as I can't stand the smartphone that aspect is a nice commodity.

Tonight after lights out I'll switch the bulbs from mh to the hps bulb

Tonight after lights out I'll switch the bulbs from mh to the hps bulb

If your worried about the stretch you could leave your mh in for the first week or so of 12/12 to help minimize it...

Thanks for the words of wisdom! Looking at my plants do you think I've got enough room in there? I have no idea what to expect.

Shew, plenty. As of right now my max distance can be all the way up to 3 1/2 foot. I'm definitely not concerned with height as much as I am with width. I think sog will be easy to achieve even within the next month.

Back
Top Bottom