Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant SOG

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Whats up vape! you all right that ice didnt do ya in?

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

put a cover of sand about 1/4 inch deep on top of soil .....no more gnats. works for real
Hi Vap, I have been having fungus gnat issues here and I see you are very experienced with them. I tried that SNS fungus gnat stuff and I think I heard the gnats actually laugh at me. The sticky traps seem to catch a lot but that is a battle that will never end. I have some dunks that I have no idea how to use, other than putting them in water and using that water on my plants. Is there a better way that is more effective because I haven't seen much if anything happen with watering them like this. That other stuff Gnatrol or whatever it's called I can't get online anywhere won't deliver to me here.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Vap, I have been having fungus gnat issues here and I see you are very experienced with them. I tried that SNS fungus gnat stuff and I think I heard the gnats actually laugh at me. The sticky traps seem to catch a lot but that is a battle that will never end. I have some dunks that I have no idea how to use, other than putting them in water and using that water on my plants. Is there a better way that is more effective because I haven't seen much if anything happen with watering them like this. That other stuff Gnatrol or whatever it's called I can't get online anywhere won't deliver to me here.

If you are in soil try using predatory nematodes...

the only problem with sand is it stops the air breathing in the soil, some growers use it and some dont, i did ask about using sand when i had the same problem but i was warned against using it, i was told to use demacious earth or what ever it is called, i just covered my pots with newspaper and made sure their was no gaps for bugs to get in and out, i cut a hole to water through and after about 10 days i removed the paper and all bugs where gone

i just used an inch of perlite on top of medium.no problems sense then

VERY KOOL VAPEDOGG.I TO AM GROWING ICE STRAIN.NNNIICCCCEEEEE!!!!!!!:goodjob:

Awesome! Let me know how things turn out...better yet, start a journal!

:ganjamon:

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Hey Budly, I'm sorry I wasn't around to offer any advice when you needed it...:thanks: you to everyone for steeping up to help!

I now swear by the dunks...I used them twice. I think a half a dunk crushed per 5 gallons of water...maybe 4 months ago on all my plants, and my moms are still gnat free. It just doesn't get any easier than that! Gnatrol contains the same beneficial bacteria that kill the larva. How are things now?

Whats up vape! you all right that ice didnt do ya in?

Ha! Almost...I haven't been feeling too well. It's a long story. :) I'll fill you all in once I get my thoughts in order...the good news is that I've been feeling better by the day lately.

Ha! Almost...I haven't been feeling too well. It's a long story. :) I'll fill you all in once I get my thoughts in order...the good news is that I've been feeling better by the day lately.

:thumb: Glad your back vape! All your post enhance this site immensely wouldn't be the same without you!
So what's next on the menu? I got a pretty good grow going with the rock powders incorporated into some cooked soil. I can't wait until Doc's kit is out!:peace:

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

:thumb: Glad your back vape! All your post enhance this site immensely wouldn't be the same without you!
So what's next on the menu? I got a pretty good grow going with the rock powders incorporated into some cooked soil. I can't wait until Doc's kit is out!:peace:

Well, thank you very much, but I fear you are being far too kind... :bigblush:

I'll try to get over to take a look at your journal soon...I'm not 100% yet, so I'm trying to spread myself too thin. I haven't gotten caught up with Doc's new journal yet. I remember he hinted at the idea of coming out with a high Brix kit based on the soil test. If he does I'll be ordering for sure!

Hi Vape

Wow...I've been reading all day. Great journal, wonderful insight into our beloved plant. You gave a really good grow summary. Really useful information as always. Looking forward to the next adventure...whatever you decide to do.

I hope you're feeling better...take care.

:Namaste:

Sq

Hi Vape

Wow...I've been reading all day. Great journal, wonderful insight into our beloved plant. You gave a really good grow summary. Really useful information as always. Looking forward to the next adventure...whatever you decide to do.

I hope you're feeling better...take care.

:Namaste:

Sq

:thanks: I'm glad you enjoyed!

I have a partially framed grow room at the moment...it should have been done by now, but since I've been feeling better I'm hoping to be framed, wired, and sheet-rocked by the end of the month. I should meet that goal as long as I don't run into any other problems. I'm also planning on journaling the first grow in the new room...it's taking me a bit longer than I thought, but I'll get there!

glad to hear you feeling better, im in a bit of a down period right now physically, spirits are good just got stuff going on, new treatments,new problems the usual cycle, be great to follow another of your journals, i think this journal im doing will end at the end of this flower cycle and start anew, its getting really long and overwhelming to newer ppl im sure, plus its near time i change everything again lol what genetics are you contemplating?

Hey Vape!!! Glad to see ya back around, and that you are feeling better as well :) Also really happy to have you along for my grow #4 :) I'll keep the good vibes heading your way :)

Hey Vapedogg -

Sure hope you continue feeling better. Good luck on getting the new room finished, just don't do it at the expense of taking proper care of yourself. I'm sure it'll be great once done! Many positive vibes your way buddy --- X

I'm subbed! I read

I read Doc Buds Journals and am reading this at the moment. Getting to the very high micro and macro and all the elements that go into the whole setup. I would like to just get the soil additives to activate my own soil for indoor and veg-garden outside. I started with Fafard 3B. I have air pots ordered from last week,3lt & 5lt. I have 1 bagseed plant in about 18 days in flower in a 12lt air pot under a DS 100 LED. I look forward to getting to the end very soon. Keep up the fight for the best soil and for that you need good compost and a nice worm bed then everything else should be a breeze.:goodjob: Sorry for rambling on, thanks again.

Hey Vapedogg -

Sure hope you continue feeling better. Good luck on getting the new room finished, just don't do it at the expense of taking proper care of yourself. I'm sure it'll be great once done! Many positive vibes your way buddy --- X

Thanks brother! So far so good...but I'm going slow. :) I sure hope it's worth all the and trouble and stress it's caused me!
Positive vibes are always appreciated, and put to good use around here! :thanks:

I'm subbed! I read

I read Doc Buds Journals and am reading this at the moment. Getting to the very high micro and macro and all the elements that go into the whole setup. I would like to just get the soil additives to activate my own soil for indoor and veg-garden outside. I started with Fafard 3B. I have air pots ordered from last week,3lt & 5lt. I have 1 bagseed plant in about 18 days in flower in a 12lt air pot under a DS 100 LED. I look forward to getting to the end very soon. Keep up the fight for the best soil and for that you need good compost and a nice worm bed then everything else should be a breeze.:goodjob: Sorry for rambling on, thanks again.

Thanks brother! This journal is basically done...I just can't shut up, so until I get a new one up it's probably going to hang around. I know you haven't gotten to that part yet, but I have concluded that for the type of SOG I'm aiming for, I'll benefit by switching from the air-pots to larger square pots to maximize my soil volume for the grow tray...I have a summary post somewhere at the end of the grow where I mentioned that.

I had a good sized vegetable garden that I had mineralized as well...things were good this year, but I'm hoping to get the soil tested for next year...then they should be great!

Now, for my next grow...well maybe I shouldn't get ahead of myself. I'll keep you posted!

Just to give you an idea...this is how bad it got before I used the dunks.
Fungus_Gnats.jpg

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Tastey :), can I lick the paper?

Back
Top Bottom