Prof's Lab: Diary Of A Bedroom Farmer

Hey 420. Quick update this evening less talk and lots of pics. It is flowering day 12 for these today so we should be around half way through the stretch. The plants are all looking much better than when they where flipped. I'll let the pics say the rest as I'm tired (lazy). Here we are today....
DSC03613.JPG
DSC03614.JPG
DSC03615.JPG
DSC03616.JPG
DSC03617.JPG
DSC03618.JPG

Today we have some more life coming into the world. I'm just gonna say it....Christmas! lol. Serously though, we need a round of plants to finish up in early December and now is the time to start planning for that. Here we have 2 Chocolatina x Guicy Banger seedlings which were started in a glass of water and placed in soil yesterday. The 3rd has cracked and has a tail so we should be seeing that one soon. There is a 4th seed yet to pop which is the Chocolatina x Cheap Trick. We also have the Crumbled Lime x unknown to perhaps run with these if it is female....
DSC03662.JPG

There was a bit of a mystery with this one. I planted it after seeing the tap root emerge and all was good. The very next day I went into the grow room and something didn't seem right. I had that immediate gut feeling upon opening the door. I looked around the grow room and couldn't find anything out of place until I looked at this pot. The soil had all been dug up and the seedling was lying on the floor next to the pot. I decided not to kill the cat and planted the seedling back in the pot as it looked ok. As I was planting it again I noticed that strong ammonia smell. The cat had pee'd in the pot lol. Then I noticed the frog! Yep, another frog in the grow room lol. It didn't make it to the tent this time though. Bloody cats!
The seedling didn't die (yet) so we have another plant....
DSC03667.JPG

This one hasn't seen any drama....
DSC03668.JPG

One hairy (dead) frog. Time to bleach the floor again....
DSC03579.JPG

Cats and mice will wreak havoc in a grow room. I lost an entire 4x4 worth of plants to mice. The mice payed a heavy price for their indiscretion. Lol
I bet they did lol. I'd have put them all in the barrel. That's where the frog went. Fortunately we don't have a rodent problem, just the ones the cats bring in which are usually still alive. Then we have to spend half the day playing hunt the shrew lol.

I had 4 I trapped inside my tent. They would dig up a plant and leave a big hole in the substrate.
I can see that being an issue. I've seen that happen to some of my outdoor pots. Usually the ones over in the dark damp corner where I keep the barrel. I did wonder if it could be rats or mice doing it. Say what you like about cats but mine kill dozens of rats and mice and frogs and rare birds....Yeah, alright, cats can be dicks too

Omg, I'm glad you managed to rescue that little sprout. Hopefully it recovers!

We have a lot of native birds in the area so we now keep our cat in overnight.

Once I was getting ready for my first day on a new job. Was hurriedly gathering my things. Saw silhouette of cat waiting at front door. Went to open door. Cat came in with massive rat in mouth and dropped rat in bedroom before I knew what was happening. Spent next 15 minutes ripping everything out from under the bed. Managed to croquet the rat out the front door with a broom eventually. Swearing the whole time.

Now cat gets screened at the door for customs declarations.

Omg, I'm glad you managed to rescue that little sprout. Hopefully it recovers!

We have a lot of native birds in the area so we now keep our cat in overnight.

Once I was getting ready for my first day on a new job. Was hurriedly gathering my things. Saw silhouette of cat waiting at front door. Went to open door. Cat came in with massive rat in mouth and dropped rat in bedroom before I knew what was happening. Spent next 15 minutes ripping everything out from under the bed. Managed to croquet the rat out the front door with a broom eventually. Swearing the whole time.

Now cat gets screened at the door for customs declarations.
That happens here but it is usually a bird flying around the living room lol. Once the cat somehow caught a bat. That took ages to catch

Cats and big traps
I can recommend jack russels as well. We had one that used to dig up moles in our garden. Everyone else's gardens where full of mole hills whereas ours was full of holes lol

Hey 420. Today is flowering day 12 and we have 3 plants showing flowers. The 2 Afghan landraces and the Pineapple Express are all well on their way. The Tashkurghan is a female so we are just waiting for the Chocolatina to let us know what it is. It is growing very nicely so it would be a shame to see it removed from the grow. The 2 unknown fems are both growing well also.
We will leave it another week then get in there with the snips to open everything up to the light. It doesnt look like they need a lot of work at the moment but things will be very different soon. most are growing low but the 2 unknown fems are creeping up and will need some training. All will probably receive a bit of tying down but I wont be doing it too early like I did with the last round in this tent.
We will be reaching our 3rd watering any day now for most of these. They will receive 4.5g of MC per gal....
DSC03669.JPG
DSC03670.JPG
DSC03671.JPG
DSC03690.JPG
DSC03678.JPG

Back
Top Bottom