Prof's Lab: Diary Of A Bedroom Farmer

Where did you grab the Tashkurghan from?
I got the Tashkurghan from Afghan Selection Seeds but The Real Seed Company have it also. TRSC sell through Seedsman which is where I got the Malana Cream from.

Unknown Afghan #1.

Very nice looking plant. Looks to have a tiny bit of nitrogen toxicity as there is a little bit of clawing and some of the upper leaves are curled. The plant is also quite a dark shade of green but I think she will be fine and grow into it....
DSC03679.JPG

Unknown Afghan #2.

This one has some flowers starting to show now. It has a nice workable frame under those large leaves which we will be seeing shortly....
DSC03680.JPG

Pineapple Express #2.

This one has stopped growing up and seems to be fully devoted to flower production....
DSC03681.JPG

Tashkurghan.

We can finally see some hairs starting to show which is great news. It looks like it is still growing and hasn't done bad at all considering how small it was at the start. I have a clone of this one in the jar....
DSC03682.JPG

Chocolatina x Chocolatina.

Still needs to show its sex but is growing beautifully. I think its female but I've been wrong before....lots....
DSC03683.JPG

Unknown Fem #1.

Looks good. Is slowly becoming tall because of the bodged topping. Nothing some string won't sort out....
DSC03684.JPG

Unknown Fem #2.

This one will need tying too. It seems like it has strong growth and has some more to give yet....
DSC03685.JPG

Here's the Tashkurghan after 13 days of flower.

We started out like this....
DSC03460.JPG

And now we're at this....
DSC03745.JPG
DSC03746.JPG
DSC03747.JPG
DSC03748.JPG
DSC03749.JPG
DSC03750.JPG
DSC03751.JPG

Looks like it will grow a little more too. Lots more side growth than the other 2 afghans and has tighter nodes.

After about a week in the jar, the Chocolatina x Cheap Trick has opened up....
DSC03731.JPG

So that's 2 above ground, 1 expected any minute now and the final seed has just been planted....
DSC03758.JPG
DSC03759.JPG
DSC03760.JPG

And look Penny. A dead shrew in the grow room. So this week we've had a grass hopper, a frog and now a rodent. I bet it will be a fish next....
DSC03743.JPG
DSC03744.JPG

Rodents will destroy a tent overnight.
I found that one because I noticed a bad smell and saw a couple large flies hanging about. I'm lucky to still have those seedlings as they've been sat outside the tents on the floor. It wasn't there when I found the frog as I mopped the room. It's been year of the pest lol

After about a week in the jar, the Chocolatina x Cheap Trick has opened up....
I missed what you did there.
I just had a Chocolatina float for a day or two, sat in a paper towel several more. Nada. It’s in soil now because I got sick of looking at it.
You got any dance moves, incantations, summoning rituals...:idea: most appreciated:)

I missed what you did there.
I just had a Chocolatina float for a day or two, sat in a paper towel several more. Nada. It’s in soil now because I got sick of looking at it.
You got any dance moves, incantations, summoning rituals...:idea: most appreciated:)
Maybe I do. Firstly I noticed that these beans are quite tough. I wasted a few as I didn't think that they were going to sprout but since that first mishap I have gotten them all to pop. I think I was being impatient with them but as I was having the issues with the seedlings dying in the coco so I put it down to that. That last bean was sat in a jar of water for a week before it split.
I think that the seeds would benefit from scarifying though I've never done that before. Also I read that cannabis seeds benefit from stratification which I am doing now. Many seedbanks keep seeds refrigerated so when you receive them they have already been through the process. Mine are now tightly sealed and in the fridge getting ready for when I need them next which wont be for a little while.

I bet that seed will pop eventually

Cheers Prof thanks for that. Keeping my fingers crossed for sure. I do keep them in the fridge I’m glad to hear that helps :laughtwo: I’ve been hesitant to float a bean too long - lots of folk say you’re going to drown them. I guess that’s if you leave them in after they’ve sunk/cracked?
I’m fine once I get to cloning. It’s just getting the damn things jump started.
One for four so far :rolleyes:

Cheers Prof thanks for that. Keeping my fingers crossed for sure. I do keep them in the fridge I’m glad to hear that helps :laughtwo: I’ve been hesitant to float a bean too long - lots of folk say you’re going to drown them. I guess that’s if you leave them in after they’ve sunk/cracked?
I’m fine once I get to cloning. It’s just getting the damn things jump started.
One for four so far :rolleyes:
That last seed had been underwater for 3 or 4 days after floating for 3 or 4 days. It was floating but I poked it with my finger and it sunk.
I don't know how long they can be in water before the seed is damaged but I did ask Sauga and he gave me an answer which I can't remember lol. I think it was a couple of weeks.
One thing I did notice was that there was an algae film developing around the C x CT seed when I removed it after a week so the water was turning bad.

Hiya Prof! I started scarifying recently and I have noticed they are faster to pop, especially for some of those stubborn ones. Congrats on the new babies, and yuk on the dead stuff! o_O
Hey HH. I see that scarification is quite popular with many people swearing by it. How do you do yours?
Yuk on the dead stuff indeed! We had a live shrew brought in the house the very next day. It went behind Mrs F's chest of drawers and disappeared. I found it in her clothes lol. She wasn't best amused

There’s a million ways I’m sure. Lol Newty uses gravel in a pill bottle, Ive tried a piece of sandpaper in a pill bottle, but for me, the best way is on a sanding block. I gently scrape and roll it around with my finger along the topside of the block. I have dropped the seed a couple times, but I always found it.

Back
Top Bottom