DSC03291.JPG
DSC03292.JPG

Critical Jack....
DSC03293.JPG
DSC03294.JPG

Tropicanna Banana....
DSC03295.JPG
DSC03296.JPG

Good job, gorgeous buds how do they hit?
Pretty well. The HPD is again the most potent and is my favourite as it is very sleepy. TB is second and offers a more balanced experience. The Fat Purple tastes better and is more potent than when I grew it in the dripper system. It is mildly relaxing. Critical Jack is kinda down the middle. It is spicy with hints of fruit and allows for everyday use. They all burn well after the twitchy time trying to dry them out. The weather has not been favourable for drying buds lol.

I here you, harvest time here is usually damp.
I have one more harvest coming up in the next month or so then we won't be having another until November. Hopefully things will be a bit more workable then.

November is at the end of our outdoor season here. Usually cold and damp.
I don't mind the cold part. I have just picked up some humidity resistant landrace strains which I might save for the summer next year. I ordered some more mixed Afghan seeds and as a freebie I got 12 Kumaoni and 12 Highland Lao's which both grow in monsoon conditions. I'm a bit intimidated by the Highlands though lol

:confused: Not getting updates.
Missed you. :hug:
Glad the plants are bouncing back since being transferred into soil.

How's that fam doing??
Hey VG! Don't you worry, its like I said before. You can't get rid of me that easily.

The plants seem to like the Prof-Mix. I was a tiny bit concerned that it was a terrible idea to use that instead of just buying a couple bags but so far it has paid off. I'm getting all kinds of weird creatures in the grow room though. I think most of them are pretty harmless. I've given the plants a couple sprays with some bug killer though as I have found a couple caterpillars and a slug in there. The roots are super happy now though and have that bright white and furry look to them.

The fam are ok though we are having some concerns about our youngest. We think that she may be autistic or something like that. We will be going for some tests soon but because of Covid we haven't been able to see anyone about it yet. She's 16 months old now but is no way near where she should be and there are a lot of little red flag warnings. Things like never making eye contact or engaging with people. It can be pretty challenging at times and it was one of the reasons I took a little break from the forum. We're hoping she mellows out a little soon.

Oh, and the missus broke her toe. Forgot about that bit lol.

Hope you're well VG
:passitleft:

Flowering Day 4.

Hey 420. The first week of flower is going well. I am using MC right from the start as I am pretty sure that my potting mix has low nutrient levels. I am feeding them at 4.5g of MC for now. There is still no telling the genders of the remaining plants but the Balkh clone is beginning to show so it shouldn't be long before we can tick that one off.
The new growth is taking over now and the plants are beginning to look healthy again.
Here they are today....
DSC03478.JPG

Afghan #1....
DSC03479.JPG

Afghan #2....
DSC03480.JPG

Balkh....
DSC03481.JPG

Tashkurgan....
DSC03482.JPG

Chocolatina....
DSC03483.JPG

Pineapple Express #2....
DSC03484.JPG

Unknown Fem #1....
DSC03485.JPG

Unknown Fem #2....
DSC03486.JPG

I've tidied up the plants in the veg tent a bit as they are all growing normally again....
DSC03487.JPG

I have 2 males now which I have decided to keep around for the time being. The Miami Heat has been trimmed up again and I have taken a clone from it to flower for some pollen....
DSC03490.JPG

The unknown Afghan male has been trimmed up and re-potted. I'm just going to observe it for now and may use it in the future....
DSC03491.JPG

The Balkh cutting is growing nicely. It has very pretty leaves....
DSC03488.JPG

Crumbled Lime x Unknown from Lewy is doing well. Just waiting to see which way it goes....
DSC03489.JPG

Finally we have the Malana Cream's. All are growing again and I can tell the sex on 2 of them. We have one male and one female so far. These will be flowered at the next available opportunity which will be when the auto's have finished up....
DSC03492.JPG

I removed the chilli plant from White Widow seedlings pot last night and when I checked on them this morning there was another this time in the autos pot....

No chilli....
WIN_20200411_11_57_30_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200411_11_57_41_Pro.jpg

Yes chilli....
WIN_20200411_11_57_50_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200411_11_58_04_Pro.jpg

Today they are going under God's sun in full....
WIN_20200411_11_58_17_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200411_11_59_11_Pro.jpg

Meanwhile back in the window....
WIN_20200411_11_59_36_Pro.jpg

The Tropicanna Banana cuttings are still alive but no roots yet. Its difficult to see what is going on as I used dark glass this time so the roots wouldn't be exposed to bright light. Next time I will use a straight jar as well. This is a Marmite jar because I'm British. It looks nice but is impractical for checking clones both visually and physically.....
WIN_20200411_12_00_03_Pro.jpg

Morning mr.Flora funny how ya be going through a new journal waiting for the proverbial hook line and sinker to snare you, pretty much like a Terry Pratchett book....

You love marmite, I love bovril... Bovril is like marmites sister to us south Africans ( at least us cultured south Africans) who have had marmite on toast before, but the funniest thing was chatting to my younger brother last ( he lives in Ely) and he was telling me bout his new favorite breakfast spread a jar of marmite/peanut butter which he had fallen in love with...

Personally I prefer bovril/marmite and peanut butter and jam together as my ho to... haha

Hey 420. Its time for another update after having a little bit of time off for illness. I got pretty lazy in the bedroom garden but have since made up for it by getting the flowering tent in order. We've been trimming, super-cropping, tying down and watering. It looks like someone has been in my garden with a sledgehammer lol.
First though before we go inside I thought we could have a look at what's going on outside....
WIN_20200414_15_11_19_Pro.jpg

The Auto is still alive and growing though I'm not sure how well. Everything seems ok. She's just had one light watering from a bucket of rain water. That's it. More on this one as stuff happens....
WIN_20200414_15_11_41_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200414_15_11_57_Pro.jpg

The White Widow is still alive also but isn't making a great impression. I'm not going to kill her though as she's not taking up any space or costing me anything. She might wake up any minute or she may continue to grow like this until she finally flowers later in the year....
WIN_20200414_15_12_36_Pro.jpg

The Blueberry Cookies is up now. She was a little yellow after breaking the surface but she's going green now and looks good. Lets see if we can do better with this one....
WIN_20200414_15_12_52_Pro.jpg

Part of the weekly chin wag with my brother is discussing how he is going to start growing again as it's been almost a year this Sept since he moved back to UK but I mentioned to him that he should consider doing a plant outside as your guys summer is more than adequate to have a decent grow outside as your summers are rather perfect I believe. Said if he can Veg indoors for 4-6 weeks then move the plant outdoors to finish flower, but he's still bit nervous bout growing as he did here at home...

I know I’m bias but Chocolatina for the win! Looking good P
:high-five:
I'm really hoping its a female as it looks like one of the others will be a male. It's doing fine so far and there's no complaints here.
Good color going there @ProfessorFlora
Thanks johnny! I do love a colourful garden. I'm jealous of @Sunnyskies garden. Its like a weed rainbow over there lol
Where’d your Balkh come from?
The Balkh and the Tashkurgan are from Afghan Selection Seeds and the rest of the landrace strains are from The Real Seed Company. There's an issue though Penny. It looks like the Balkh will be a male. I'll put up some pics later to show you what I mean.
Morning mr.Flora funny how ya be going through a new journal waiting for the proverbial hook line and sinker to snare you, pretty much like a Terry Pratchett book....

You love marmite, I love bovril... Bovril is like marmites sister to us south Africans ( at least us cultured south Africans) who have had marmite on toast before, but the funniest thing was chatting to my younger brother last ( he lives in Ely) and he was telling me bout his new favorite breakfast spread a jar of marmite/peanut butter which he had fallen in love with...

Personally I prefer bovril/marmite and peanut butter and jam together as my ho to... haha
Hey! I love Bovril too. I used to have it as a hot drink but I haven't done that in a while lol. Marmite though is one of those
secret ingredient foods. I like adding a tablesppon to shepards pies and spag bols which goes down a treat. Marmite, cheese and bacon toasties are a satisfying snack.

Part of the weekly chin wag with my brother is discussing how he is going to start growing again as it's been almost a year this Sept since he moved back to UK but I mentioned to him that he should consider doing a plant outside as your guys summer is more than adequate to have a decent grow outside as your summers are rather perfect I believe. Said if he can Veg indoors for 4-6 weeks then move the plant outdoors to finish flower, but he's still bit nervous bout growing as he did here at home...
I haven't had much experience growing outdoors at all. I think the UK would be perfect if you had a greenhouse. You're right though. We often have a mild end to the year and sometimes there's no frost until December or even January. Last years winter was really mild and the summer was hot, bright and sunny. This year has seen a lot of rain and really high humidity which has caught me out already. This next plant will need to be covered somehow as it gets super frosty and I don't think it will survive a 2 week period of near constant rain later in flower.
Cheer Smeegol.

:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom