PurpleGunRack's Revenge Grow

Don't worry too much about the numbers you see ;)

Yeah I don't really rely on those thc content numbers. They never stack up anyway. The same grower could double it and a worse grower could only grow 6% so I don't trust those thc content.

To me it seems like a lot of the original landraces that have less thc pack a bigger punch for some reason. I don't know why maybe there's different cannabanoids in them not sure but some of the original landraces are absolutely killer and they don't hit much more than 12% thc.
We have a local legend around here called red bud. I'm fairly confident it's a red afghani. Shits killer. The smoke really just taste like smoke and dirt. The smell is nothing special. But shit gets you ripped every time. Every time

Don't worry too much about the numbers you see ;)

Can't agree more to that so that's why I was asking. I always read that these old strains were still getting people high even though the quality sucked back then. I just found the data weird because it was probably a plant grown by Ace and it was lab tested by Canna (you know the guys who never answered my emails about their nutes?). It looked professionally tested but I didn't know how to interpret it. Besides, like we often read nowadays : it's not about numbers or sativa/indica but about the terpene profile. Am I a good student? :D

PS : Ace seems to have a pretty honest and realistic "high" descriptions. The Pakistan Chitral Kush says the following : "Pleasant and relaxing hash plant effect." I don't know much about hash effects but it does sound pretty mellow nope?

Can't agree more to that so that's why I was asking. I always read that these old strains were still getting people high even though the quality sucked back then. I just found the data weird because it was probably a plant grown by Ace and it was lab tested by Canna (you know the guys who never answered my emails about their nutes?). It looked professionally tested but I didn't know how to interpret it. Besides, like we often read nowadays : it's not about numbers or sativa/indica but about the terpene profile. Am I a good student? :D

PS : Ace seems to have a pretty honest and realistic "high" descriptions. The Pakistan Chitral Kush says the following : "Pleasant and relaxing hash plant effect." I don't know much about hash effects but it does sound pretty mellow nope?

Well it's not that thouroughly resrached yet, but most people agree that all the cannabinoids and how much of each and how they affect each other is what makes the effect of a certain plant what it is, terpenes are secondary effect wise, but important medically ;)
Also people are different, and affected differently so it's never black and white with cannabis, which is one of the big reason doctors hesitate to condone using its raw forms medically.
Sometimes a super frosty nug can be less powerful than a slighty dusted nug.

I think Ace/cannabiogen are some of the more honest seed breeders, very few breeders have strains with ''low'' yield, almost every strain you see has no less than ''medium'' yield :)

PCK is exactly like Ace describes it, their PCK x Erdpurt has a permanent place in my rotation.

Nice to know when something actually does what it says on the tin ;)

Do you like the PCK x Erdpurt better than the PCK? Erdpurt is crossed into many outdoor strains around here ;)

PGR! Looks like I made it just in time for the flip! Lookin snazzy in here.

Hey mate, welcome aboard :passitleft:

Flipped about days ago, gonna get some pics tomorrow ;)

Day 48 from seed / Day 7 from flip

So I flipped the girls 42 days after I opened the seed packs :)
Starting to see some pistils and a little stretch, I have the light about 40-50cm above the canopy.

I'm thinking about hacking all the IRs and some Reds from one of my Mars Reflectors 144x5 into a 48x5 swapping the green and blue diodes, and make a Emerson effect lamp / flower initiator.
Would be nice, next grow, when this tent becomes a perpetual flowering tent, so I can focus that lamp on new plants introduced to 12/12 :)
It's gonna be nice to be able to veg and flower each plant the optimal amount of time ;)

I'm getting better at watering, almost killed one of my autos... But to my surprise they drank up 2L in 2 days, so last time the got 2,5L each and I think I have to give them that every other day
:morenutes:

I did a little defoliating and removed some undergrowth, so more light reaches the bud sites and to get better air circulation around the plants.

8-10 weeks to go :surf:

DSC0219010.JPG
DSC021964.JPG

:passitleft:

Man that’s a full tent!

Yeah, it's packed, hope I can deal with the stretch :)

When going perpetual I'm thinking about having 6 plants in there, with 10-14 days between each plant, so I can harvest, wash and trim a single plant like every other weekend, hate those massive harvests where all I do for days is trimming ;)

You are a little ahead of me. This being my first time through am wondering what the stretch is going to be like. I guess I will sit back and watch what yours do. :)

Stretch depends on the strain, some strains barely stretch at all and other strains stretch +300%.

So how or is there a way to know and kinda predict what strains will stetch and what ones won't bro?

So how or is there a way to know and kinda predict what strains will stetch and what ones won't bro?

Most sativa dominant plants stretches a lot, but so does some of the indica dominant hybrids, and of course a plant will stretch if it doesn't receive enough light it will stretch because it *thinks* another plant is shading it out.

Perhaps somewhere along the evolution of cannabis the ''pure'' sativas had a need to quickly shade out competition, where the ''pure'' indicas didn't have that need so it didn't devolop that gene but maybe rather stayed short and bushy to withstand mountain winds.
Just me guessing but it makes sense when you look at why a species devolops a certain trait.

Got myself a little bday/xmas present ;)

@ 170 GBP + shipping these 10 seeds weren't exactly cheap, but hopefully the genetics make up for that, oh yeah I did get 20 freebie seeds with the order so not too shabby :)

Guess what's first in line when I go perpetual next grow :yummy:

DSC022006.jpg

DSC022046.jpg

You should hop on over to my grow! we both popped seeds the same day, I'm growing under 600w of CREE cxb3590s, using coco. I'm like day 52 from seed. It's awesome we can see a side by side grow with similar cutting edge tech. I'm about to light up my 3x3 and having this info is really going to help out!
420-magazine-mobile1751010347.jpg

600w Cree CXB3590/Coco/Canna Nutes 4x4

600w Cree CXB3590/Coco/Canna Nutes 4x4

So how or is there a way to know and kinda predict what strains will stetch and what ones won’t bro?

Other than what has been stated about the Sativa vs Indica the hybrids I just look to the breeders accounts as well as other journals. Exactly what Purple Gun Rack stated here is what I read. Strain dependent once you flip. I just wanna watch them when they go.

Can’t wait to see them grow out

Me neither ;) Gonna start vegging 2 or 3 when my autos are done :)

You should hop on over to my grow! we both popped seeds the same day, I'm growing under 600w of CREE cxb3590s, using coco. I'm like day 52 from seed. It's awesome we can see a side by side grow with similar cutting edge tech. I'm about to light up my 3x3 and having this info is really going to help out!

Welcome along LB07, I'll check by your garden soon ;)

Back
Top Bottom