PW's Perpetual Playhouse

My lights are super cheap and so far seem to be getting it done. But the real test will be in flower I suppose.
It is also about efficiency remeber too if your a cheap sob like me

It is also about efficiency remeber too if your a cheap sob like me
Do you consider efficiency to be decent return on investment (equipment, operating costs, etc. for yield) or do you consider efficiency low cost items for a reasonable growth, etc. I’m only curious as so many people on here use the word “efficiency” means different things to different people and was curious where you stood In that spectrum. I’ve seen some people say (and there’s no criticism or judgment) they buy the cheapest stuff they can get and take whatever they are able to grow.

Do you consider efficiency to be decent return on investment (equipment, operating costs, etc. for yield) or do you consider efficiency low cost items for a reasonable growth, etc. I’m only curious as so many people on here use the word “efficiency” means different things to different people and was curious where you stood In that spectrum. I’ve seen some people say (and there’s no criticism or judgment) they buy the cheapest stuff they can get and take whatever they are able to grow.

Efficiency to me means getting the most for your money. Much of the time this means spending your money right, and getting quality that will last, as well as produce. Cheap never means efficient, sometimes quite the opposite. There is also a difference between cheap, and inexpensive. Im one that believes in quality. Been burned on cheap stuff and have learned my lesson. You are going to pay one way or another.

What are u meaning wen u say tht??
if you're getting slight tip burn(nute burn) but no more then you are pushing your plants to the brink as hard as possible. So its a semi good thing. Semi being the fact you're pushing your girls to the brink so you still need to be careful

Good question bud

I consider efficiency where I can utilize my light power as a baby plant in a tent seedling doesn’t require that much light so if I can have the right spectrum and power drawage I can lower my light closely and the key for me is to consume less draw power essentially but maximize the growth and light . Hmm I suck at explaining this ..

Let’s see if I can run for example my fusion board which is at peak only draws 76.8 Watts I’m running at 2.2 miliamps trying very low voltage and I can grow some
Decent plants because the intensity at that power even though low can still be effective and efficient enough to get the job done .

So less power being draw to achieve the same result in ppfd at running higher power and keeping light further away . How are we able to achieve this with hlg or horticulture lighting group or photon fantom designs and now possibly true northern lighting the boards and drivers being used emit very low heat this allowing you to lower lights even closer to plants well reducing draw power ?

You can do good things with a lot of lights there is no doubt at all but this style of boards these companies are offering are top notch and smart fellas .
The light cost verse led is nto dramatic to be honest they are affordable to me. And I dot. Make a strong annual income by any means .

My morning tune that just happens to ring in my head every morning is I owe I owe it’s off to work I go . Whistles lol

Fml

Still im sorry if I can’t help you understand my theory .

In addition these boards are super thin and super easy to work with verse these heavy lights and thick big led units out there. Also about even coverage what you get of that light they claim but what is the coverage they are saying for that price is to consider ?

I have mine the boards fusion boards on yolo strings makes my life so simple ✊

Good points about low end products though mars hydro 300 watt on eBay can do good thing in right tent and environment

Efficiency to me means getting the most for your money. Much of the time this means spending your money right, and getting quality that will last, as well as produce. Cheap never means efficient, sometimes quite the opposite. There is also a difference between cheap, and inexpensive. Im one that believes in quality. Been burned on cheap stuff and have learned my lesson. You are going to pay one way or another.
I agree cheap will get the job done. By at a unseen cost un efficiency in lighting can drive your bills higher and not even grow any better. Also nutrients. Miracle grow works but not efficiently. So everything has a price. And what your willing to pay for. Just controls the quality and quantity of your product

Ooooo what strain is this then?
The brooklyn is supposed to be a relative of NYCD right? I forget what its crossed with though.

i believe he was referring to stardawg... Or DUD 91... Ive been wrong before though....

Great info on the QBs guys... Making my brain hurt trying to decide what light to upgrade too, without regretting the purchase in future.

Ooooo what strain is this then?
The brooklyn is supposed to be a relative of NYCD right? I forget what its crossed with though.
The Brooklyn is the “Brooklyn” Diesel x AK 47 Pheno. The DUD 91 by Top Dawg is Double Underdawg x Chem 91bx

The Chem 91 is the parent to many of the most popular strains. Its generally considered one of the best genetics to breed with. It's the parent to some like OG Kush, sour diesel, and many many others. The stardawg strains is a combo of the breedings and back crosses of it, that give a very consistant plant with a good combo of sativas and indicas. Basically, its the mother of many many connoisseur strains with high thc and higher than average production. Check out the wikileaf site for some nice info on it. It is thought to originate from I think the greatful dead tour in Cali, and brought back to the east coast, and I'm sure I'm slightly off on it, but they had a member of the band with the nickname top dawg, which is where much of the name came from. It is a really valuable strain that many breeders have success with crossing with. It's also generally very expensive seeds, and not always available. The Dud 91 I think is considered one of the top crosses of those genetics. Chem D and Chem 4 both are part of that mother plant, but some of the info about it is unknown, but thought to be a combo of landrace strains. Simply put, anyone who wishes to do any breeds, or what a strong pheno, its the go to genetics, and by far the best strain I have ever indulged in.

The Grower Chemdog got the original bud in Noblesville Indiana at a Greatful Dead concert. He bought an oz from Joe Brand for $500 it was called Dog bud or Chem bud at the time. Later Chemdog had joe brand send him 2 more oz. in the 3rd oz he found 13 seeds and he and his wife popped 4 seeds, 1 was male which he killed and the 3 females were named Chemdog 91, Chemdogs sister and Chem B. Later they popped 3 more seeds and produced Chemdog D. Around 2006 I believe Joe Brand and Chemdog got together again and Joe was given 4 of the remaining 6 seeds. Joe then produced Chemdog #4 he said it was the most like the original Dog Bud so named it the Reunion Pheno. JJ and AJ were growers in NYC and got the Chemdog 91 in a trade and that was renamed Diesel because dealers didn’t like the name Chem. JJ went on to start Top Dawg Seeds eventually.

Isnt chem a Sour D x OG kush cross?

Great info on the strain origin penny. Reps!

And WM... efficiency and efficacy are 2 different things...

Efficacy is how effective something is (how well it does its job)

Efficiency defines how much time and money it saves you.

There are 2 main factors that determine how well your light works

1. PPFD per DOLLAR INVESTED

2. PPFD per WATTAGE AT WALL

The first will tell you how efficient the investment is and the second is how effective the light is. However when determining how effective a light is one must also account for any added cooling costs that wattage is added to "wattage at wall" so this explains why often yes a 600 HPS will out perform an LED but your pumping 1000 watts to keep the environment in check your light is essentially running at 1600 watts.

Back
Top Bottom