Quest for 1G/W: 1K HPS Liquid Cooled on a 6' Mover in a 4x8 Tent

Re: Quest for 1g/w: 1k hps liquid cooled on a 6' mover in a 4x8 tent.

hi, Wheel. You're the second person in two days I've heard talk about Bushmaster (the other being Lavendar). I respect both you and her opinion, and I was wondering if you've used the Bushmaster in the past and what exactly it does for you?

TIA

:peace::nicethread:

I can tell you it does work, but will sometimes cause weird looking leafs. use less then they say to use. 50%. but your plants will only grow about 6" higher after you use it then they will just bush out more and but ur plants energy into buds production instead of stretching.

i'm home today, so y'all get an update.

DAY 18 FLOWER

so i rinsed off the one in the pic from before. not looking too bad, but there is some damage. i'm wondering with my res temps better will they just get better on their own? hope so cause they are on their own here. i am setting the res to take care of the EnG first and foremost.

Day-18-Flower-01.JPG

Day-18-Flower-02.JPG

i turned the ac down after the lights came on yesterday, and it got 4* hotter than at the previous stetting, so today i put it back on 7 out of 9, whatever that means. it doesn't make it any colder at night. it should only get to 83-84 today back at 7.

Day-18-Flower-11.JPG

pH can't get much better, but it drops as they drink. when i add in and top off at gets back up and then drops again. . . in veg it rose rose rose until it stabilized. is this indicative of something bacterial?

Day-18-Flower-12.JPG

time for a cleaning of the controller, lol.

here are the rest:

Day-18-Flower-03.JPG

Day-18-Flower-04.JPG

Day-18-Flower-05.JPG

Day-18-Flower-06.JPG

Day-18-Flower-07.JPG

Day-18-Flower-08.JPG

Day-18-Flower-09.JPG

Day-18-Flower-10.JPG

this popped up in the last few days too. ugh, i guess a res change is in order soon. running low on nutes though. as they drank, recently, the pH dropped into the 4's and the ppm spiked to an EC of 2.0 could that have been it or is there more behind it?

Day-18-Flower-13.JPG

Day-18-Flower-14.JPG

Day-18-Flower-15.JPG

Hi bro - looking great.

pH can't get much better, but it drops as they drink. when i add in and top off at gets back up and then drops again. . . in veg it rose rose rose until it stabilized. is this indicative of something bacterial?
This is how I think of that:

pH goes up - they're drinking more nutes than water
pH goes down - they're drinking more water than nutes

ppm and pH go same direction - some kind of issue.

:peace:

EDIT: or if my pH plummets to 4 or shoots off the scale to 12 then I know I have soup in the res.

thanks pappa,

by that measure i should be ok, because as the drink, nutes go up and pH is going down.

that should mean i am running a bit hot. next res maybe i cut back a bit.

Hi bro - looking great.

This is how I think of that:

pH goes up - they're drinking more nutes than water
pH goes down - they're drinking more water than nutes

ppm and pH go same direction - some kind of issue.

:peace:

EDIT: or if my pH plummets to 4 or shoots off the scale to 12 then I know I have soup in the res.

yup agree 100%. this is why hydro scares me. and dirt is allot more forgiving

ok, so i am getting some burning, and those pics of the tip burn spread a bit to some other plants, so i flushed.

I just changed my res again, after a 24 hour flush. for the flush I added water that is typically .3 EC out of the tap, after 24 hours it was .72 EC. emptied and refilled, after a few more floods, it went from .32 to .40 EC, now I just added nutes to 1.45 EC. . .

AN totally revamped their calculator for their new product lines. . . I dont know what to think. . . not only did they change their product line, they totally changed their strategy as well. they used to use more base + others to vamp up the EC, now the base stays constant and the additives nudge up the EC, but not much.

today is day one of week 4 of flower. if I use the default 7 week calculator, it says that i should run an EC of 1.68 in weeks 3 and 4 (which is why I tried to up it to around there., plus my EC starts around .3 out of the tap. so really it should be up around 2)

but then i was like wait, mine is an 8 week strain let me add a week. for an 8 week strain, they suggest weeks 3, 4, and 5 around 1.47. In fact, the 8 week calculator never gets near the top EC for 7 weeks. a 10 week strain never gets to the starting EC for an 8 week strain.

So this seems to suggest that their opinion is that the longer the flower period the slower they can eat. which would also infer that over their life they should eat a similar amount of stuff. . . either that, or AN wants to make it cheaper over longer periods so that if you have a long strain it doesn't cost you a bazillion dollars.

I dunno. I can't add anywhere near the amount that they say on the calculator to get the EC they want.

For 50 gal that started at .4 EC and ended at 1.45, so i added 1.05 EC, I added:
180 ml. Connoisseur A (756 ml. Suggested)
180 ml. Connoisseur B (756 ml. Suggested)
30 ml. Cal Mag
10 g. Big Bud (37.8 g Suggested)
0 ml. B52 (378 ml. Suggested)
0 ml. Bud Candy (378 ml. Suggested)
0 ml. Nirvana (378 ml. Suggested)
0 ml. Sensizyme (378 ml. Suggested)
90 ml. Rhino Skin (378 ml. Suggested)
90 ml. Bud Factor X (378 ml. Suggested)

when I get some money, I'll get some sensizyme and bud candy. maybe nirvana if I can afford it.

the amount of stuff i added would be suggested for 12 gal by AN. I will just go by what I think the plants are telling me, and my EC meter. I know its accurate, and I know where it should be. I just use the calculator for ratios of product used.

Also, Last night, they needed another trim under their skirt. So I cleared out more bush. I'll give you guys an upskirt with some pics tonight when the lights come on.

Also gave them a post trim spray of "don't bug me" on the undersides of the leaves and then on top. it did a pretty good job on the thrips the first time, but a few survived, so after this application/trim, hopefully that will take care of the rest. . . I'll do another if needed.

get 'em wheel, get 'em!!!:)

nice maybe you can give me some pointers im transplanting tomorrow from my aeroflo to the ebb & gro. i hope i can untangle the root mass as it it is pretty massive on some.

washing the hydroton up tonight 100L worth not sure if i will need it all for the 12 buckets..

running the h&g line myself was debating on the Connoisseur but got a better deal & lot cheaper than anywhere.

your ladies are looking good tho` cant wait to see them take off.

LOL at a spray of "Don't bug me". heheheh. Is that neem?

ok, so i am getting some burning, and those pics of the tip burn spread a bit to some other plants, so i flushed.

I just changed my res again, after a 24 hour flush. for the flush I added water that is typically .3 EC out of the tap, after 24 hours it was .72 EC. emptied and refilled, after a few more floods, it went from .32 to .40 EC, now I just added nutes to 1.45 EC. . .

AN totally revamped their calculator for their new product lines. . . I dont know what to think. . . not only did they change their product line, they totally changed their strategy as well. they used to use more base + others to vamp up the EC, now the base stays constant and the additives nudge up the EC, but not much.

today is day one of week 4 of flower. if I use the default 7 week calculator, it says that i should run an EC of 1.68 in weeks 3 and 4 (which is why I tried to up it to around there., plus my EC starts around .3 out of the tap. so really it should be up around 2)

but then i was like wait, mine is an 8 week strain let me add a week. for an 8 week strain, they suggest weeks 3, 4, and 5 around 1.47. In fact, the 8 week calculator never gets near the top EC for 7 weeks. a 10 week strain never gets to the starting EC for an 8 week strain.

So this seems to suggest that their opinion is that the longer the flower period the slower they can eat. which would also infer that over their life they should eat a similar amount of stuff. . . either that, or AN wants to make it cheaper over longer periods so that if you have a long strain it doesn't cost you a bazillion dollars.

I dunno. I can't add anywhere near the amount that they say on the calculator to get the EC they want.

For 50 gal that started at .4 EC and ended at 1.45, so i added 1.05 EC, I added:
180 ml. Connoisseur A (756 ml. Suggested)
180 ml. Connoisseur B (756 ml. Suggested)
30 ml. Cal Mag
10 g. Big Bud (37.8 g Suggested)
0 ml. B52 (378 ml. Suggested)
0 ml. Bud Candy (378 ml. Suggested)
0 ml. Nirvana (378 ml. Suggested)
0 ml. Sensizyme (378 ml. Suggested)
90 ml. Rhino Skin (378 ml. Suggested)
90 ml. Bud Factor X (378 ml. Suggested)

when I get some money, I'll get some sensizyme and bud candy. maybe nirvana if I can afford it.

the amount of stuff i added would be suggested for 12 gal by AN. I will just go by what I think the plants are telling me, and my EC meter. I know its accurate, and I know where it should be. I just use the calculator for ratios of product used.

OK - first - I don't use AN, but its been the same with all 3 brands I've tried...

Its really tough to adapt those shorter feeding schedules to the longer blooms. It seems like it should be easy, but its not. the best method I think is to stay on the lesser side of their schedule (sometimes called "transition") until you know you are solidly into flower. Like when YOU see it and say ok - they're in flower now. Then you'll likely need to ramp up the flowering nutes a little faster than they do on the label, but only enough to catch up with their schedule. Then you start from their last week and work backwards to figure out which week you should be in for the label. Using this I think I've narrowed it down to only needing a smidge extra N at the beginning and a little extra P in flower. The N I solve by adding a little of the grow nutrient. The P I solve with Hydroplex.

:nicethread::bravo::rollit:

get 'em wheel, get 'em!!!:)

;) grrrr. ima get em.

nice maybe you can give me some pointers . . . your ladies are looking good tho` cant wait to see them take off.

thanks kamikeze, welcome to my little grow.
ask me anything, i always answer.

LOL at a spray of "Don't bug me". heheheh. Is that neem?

Thanks for the nute advice bro. I always like hearing others experiences. lol, actually "Don't bug me" is the name of a bug spray made by fox farm. its supposedly usable up to the day before harvest. doesn't smell great though so I wouldn't want to use it that late.

here is a little update for yall:

DAY 22 FLOWER:

after flooding a few times, with the 0.4 EC water still in the bottom of the buckets, the EC fell a bit to 1.32. I will raise it back up to about 1.45-1.5 or 1000-1050 ppm. Temp is 64.

Day-22-Flower-1.JPG

pH is 5.9

Day-22-Flower-2.JPG

upskirt. oops. trimmed them up good, kicking myself in the ass for not cloning a bunch more for another run. . . probably my last chance. also ended up culling 3 of the weakest ones. just didnt get tall enough to mak it to the canopy and got over run.

Day-22-Flower-3.JPG

and here are the EnG, first day of week 4.

Day-22-Flower-4.JPG

you can see`some of the nute burn in the next few

Day-22-Flower-5.JPG

Day-22-Flower-6.JPG

already frosty, thanks Bud Factor X, lol.

Day-22-Flower-7.JPG

and one of the aero

Day-22-Flower-8.JPG

I added Rhino Skin to this res change for the first time, it's potassium silicate. I hope it helps out. i will be watching to see if i can notice anything.

Back
Top Bottom