Quest for 1G/W: 1K HPS Liquid Cooled on a 6' Mover in a 4x8 Tent

Re: Quest for 1g/w: 1k hps liquid cooled on a 6' mover in a 4x8 tent.

thanks for the info appreciate it.. i did the same thing on the pump it is a couple inches from the bottom of the res. im just hope my floor is level enough where i have my growlab 145 tent which is 5x5 area. gonna try to keep the big bastard drum outside the tent so the water temp. stay in the mid 60`s.

will finish setting it up tonight and make a few test floods & drains. took almost 7 hours to fill my res from my r.o.

investing in a light mover next time and doing a complete sealed room so i can run co2 which ive never done either. thought bout throwing in one those co2 bucket things do they work anyone know.?

I've heard they work well if your expectations are low. In other words they do add co2, they do not add enough to allow you to ramp up the temps and feed. I understand that they add to the overall health of an environment they just don't create your accellerated growth hot room, which is what most people add co2 for.

thanks for the info appreciate it.. i did the same thing on the pump it is a couple inches from the bottom of the res. im just hope my floor is level enough where i have my growlab 145 tent which is 5x5 area. gonna try to keep the big bastard drum outside the tent so the water temp. stay in the mid 60`s.

will finish setting it up tonight and make a few test floods & drains. took almost 7 hours to fill my res from my r.o.

investing in a light mover next time and doing a complete sealed room so i can run co2 which ive never done either. thought bout throwing in one those co2 bucket things do they work anyone know.?

my friend bought one and after a week he bought a real CO2 tank. they are better then nothing but not worth the money IMO. i have heard it will raise ur small area to 900ppm, i dont know how true but when i seen my friends i said for sure ill save up and buy a real tank.

hope that helps?

I think those CO2 "buckets" produce about like a small yeast reaction, which anyone can set up for a few bucks for sugar, brewer's yeast (give a tbsp. to your animals now and then when you get it, it's good for their coats (etc.)), warm water, etc.

Actually, for the price of the CO2 bucket you could put together a pretty decent home brew setup and actually produce (small) amounts of your own beer or wine if you are interested in doing so. If you get lucky on the price of your glass carboy then you could set up for maybe ½ the cost (wild guess).

I'd recommend a large tank, solenoid, monitor/controller as best and ultimately best value for those who can afford it. For those that can't, might as well set up a simple yeast reaction on the cheap (and then start saving for the tank setup).

I just realized that half the time when reading subscribed threads of the journals that I try to read regularly, it would be easy to forget just who's is who's. It seems that I see the same names in them all reading, participating, and helping out. Over 50,000 members here, but you guys seem to participate on a higher degree than average.

Well i wont buy the bucket then i will just get the funds & go hard on the co2. just a lil freaked out how im gonna get the canister in my pad without being noticeable or when i buy it where not sure yet. i gotta be the most noid fucker on earth. Due to the ol retired folks in my neighborhood eagle eye my ass when ppl`s swing by to smoke & chill.

any experience with co2 controllers or brands that are garbage so i know not to buy em?

Well i wont buy the bucket then i will just get the funds & go hard on the co2. just a lil freaked out how im gonna get the canister in my pad without being noticeable or when i buy it where not sure yet. i gotta be the most noid fucker on earth. Due to the ol retired folks in my neighborhood eagle eye my ass when ppl`s swing by to smoke & chill.

any experience with co2 controllers or brands that are garbage so i know not to buy em?

some say paranoid,, some say cautious.. :rollit:

I have never used CO2 (except for the homemade 2-liter bottle w/ yeast and sugar water)

but I do brew, and got a cheap kit from monsterbrew (just add the https://, the www, and the .com)

anyways, while researching how to keg my beer (washing bottles has to be the worst part of brewing) you can get smaller bottles of CO2 designed to fit in the kegerators...

just a FYI for cover, you can always say you brew and need a CO2 tank to dispense beer... :ganjamon:

You can get a regulator on eBay for 100 bucks. You can use it with a timer. Co trollers are about 300.

I know everyone likes to save money, but I try to use 420 sponsors as much as I can because their donations help keep this site alive for all of us to use. :peace:

I don't think co2 is suspicious, it's used for welding and for fountain soda machines, and for kegs, so there are a bunch of reasons you'd want one.

I buy mine straight from my hydro store, so that might be a little giveaway, lol, but if you want to be less conspicuous, just most fountain machines take 20 lb. tanks and can go through them quickly if its used a lot.

i just don't think people care, co2 is perfectly harmelss, non flammable, inert gas. also, you could always go propane burner, and no one would give that a second thought, could buy it at a gas station.

I'm not worried about it, but i live in a big impersonal city.

I agree with that statement. But I will still never put anything in my trash!

I agree with that statement. But I will still never put anything in my trash!

ok, me neither anymore. but I've haven't had any knocks on my dor yet, so I'll just count my blessings and be a bit more careful in the future. mostly because of how many people commented on it, so thanks to all y'all for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

you guys watch the show "hoarders" ?

just keep it, forever, lol

I watch that show, I have a few hoarders in my family, and statistically speaking I bet almost everyone does.

I think I have a few hoarding tendencies, and watching that show helps me learn about it and understand whats going on. for me its like computer parts, tools, growing equipment (or whatever other pursuit is currently filling all of my spare time at the time), and books. man do I have a lot of books. I like having all that stuff around. it makes me feel comfortable, and safer. and it is true on some level. . . if my computer breaks, many times I can fix it without a trip to the store, if I forget something i need to know i can look it up even if the electricity was out, having the right tool makes any job easier even if you almost never need that tool, for the grow equipment, we all know why we like spare parts around, just too important to wait for a replacement most times.

Also, i seem to keep a lot of boxes, i just feel like its good to have them to store stuff in, but sometimes it gets out of hand and then i go on a throw shit out spree and get rid of most of the boxes i've built up. . . i'ts usually the week after that that i need like 3 boxes and I have none. lol.

hot water will wash off the labels on all those bottles which should stealth thm, but i know AN has like a embossed emblem on the actual bottle itself, so you could still tell what it was if you looked really closely. but the labels off should help a lot. I usually rub the labels off mine and rinse them and recycle them. better for the environment too.

ya, the only thing i hoarder is mason Jars full of weed:bong:

oh yeah, I try my friggen hardest to hoard that, but its like the one thing thats impossible to hoard enough of. lmao.

** also, you could probably bring back your empties to the hydro store you bought them from. i'm sure they'd recycle them for you, and you're going there anyways to buy stuff. like that's not a giveaway in itself.

I watch that show, I have a few hoarders in my family, and statistically speaking I bet almost everyone does.

I think I have a few hoarding tendencies, and watching that show helps me learn about it and understand whats going on. for me its like computer parts, tools, growing equipment (or whatever other pursuit is currently filling all of my spare time at the time), and books. man do I have a lot of books. I like having all that stuff around. it makes me feel comfortable, and safer. and it is true on some level. . . if my computer breaks, many times I can fix it without a trip to the store, if I forget something i need to know i can look it up even if the electricity was out, having the right tool makes any job easier even if you almost never need that tool, for the grow equipment, we all know why we like spare parts around, just too important to wait for a replacement most times.

Also, i seem to keep a lot of boxes, i just feel like its good to have them to store stuff in, but sometimes it gets out of hand and then i go on a throw shit out spree and get rid of most of the boxes i've built up. . . i'ts usually the week after that that i need like 3 boxes and I have none. lol.

hmmmmmmmmmm, yep, I could have written every word of that.

I have hoarding tendencies too. The first time I watched the show, I found it fascinating, and I continue to watch it because it gives me insight into the behavior.

and also, whatever hobby/interest I'm pursuing. Fishing tackle, bicycles, guitars, motorcycles, grow gear, cars, etc., but I haven't abandoned any of those activities, they just wax and wane, so I hang on to everything.

I like boxes too. At my work, they save those nice copy paper boxes for me because they know I'll take them home. I like all kinds of boxes and containers, big or small.

And I like to have backups for the things I like and use, but it's not just practicality, it gives me a feeling of security.

Got lots of books too.

Usually, before I throw something out, I remove anything that I think could be of future use, like power cords, screws, etc. I very rarely have to make a trip to the hardware store for small parts.

Bout the only thing I have one of is a woman, lol.

Back
Top Bottom