Quest for 1G/W: 1K HPS Liquid Cooled on a 6' Mover in a 4x8 Tent

Re: Quest for 1g/w: 1k hps liquid cooled on a 6' mover in a 4x8 tent.

nice pics bro.

Hows the little ones roots doing?

i haven't really checked on them since the last pic. I can check on them in a few minutes and see. . . they are how they are though, i can't do much for them being tied into the EnG res.

kicking myself in the ass for not cloning a bunch more for another run. . . probably my last chance.

Dig the wilted trimmings out of the trash, lol. Seems like half the cuttings I ever took ended up not getting dealt with for a few hours to the next day (whoops). A lot of them got tossed into the refrigerator between cutting and sticking but a lot of them also were left on the kitchen counter, grow area table, coffee table in the living-room, grow room floor (unintentional and at first, unnoticed, cuttings), wrapped in a wet paper-towel in the hot car (drive like a maniac to get them home and immediately get distracted by the GF and her friend walking out to show off their new bathing suits and then distraction upon distraction), etc. Most of them quickly (for a plant) stood up and regained turgidity. I tossed plenty that I just knew were too far gone but looking back at some of the cuttings that I couldn't have easily replaced and therefore tried to save - and succeeded - I imagine that many if not most of the ones that I tossed could have been saved too had I bothered to try.

already frosty, thanks Bud Factor X, lol.

Day-22-Flower-7.JPG

Looks like it must be good stuff. Any downsides (becoming stuck to your plants doesn't count:grinjoint:)?

Dig the wilted trimmings out of the trash. . .

Looks like it must be good stuff. Any downsides (becoming stuck to your plants doesn't count:grinjoint:)?

was thinking about that, but the trash was already collected.

Not that I've noticed, but I only use it at 1/4 strength. I can tell a difference in potency as well.

clippings in your trash is a no no. Lots of snoopy folks around digging cans and bottles out plus da police.

clippings in your trash is a no no. Lots of snoopy folks around digging cans and bottles out plus da police.

good lookin out homie. you're so right, better safe than sorry.

I put my trim into a plastic bag, and then into a kitchen bag with actual garbage. and then I put all of my kitchen bags into a contractor bag. that contractor bag gets put into a big plastic garbage can, and when the trash guys come with the truck, the truck actually pick up the entire can and shakes the stuff into the compactor. I usually put my garbage out after midnight, and it is usually picked up before 9 am.

so you're right, i should be as careful as I can, but i am willing to take some calculated risks. . . obviously since I am here, posting pics of everything i do. probably not the best way to fly under the radar ya know?

But i thank you for the advice, seriously, i know where you're coming from, and I agree with you. better safe than sorry.

yeah trash is a no -no. Dont ever put trimmings in a bag thats is enclosed in another bag containing anything identifiable like junk mail finger prints etc.

One thing I do is keep all my trimmings in a paper bag or paper lawn bag as they tend to dry up better and not become a moldy pile of green goo. Also I cut my stems down to .5 inch to 1 inch pieces so they don't poke through anything and look less identifiable. Once everything is dry I crush it down by stirring the bag or squishing up a few times until its unrecognizable, no distinguishable "leafs", and just maybe a grassy smell. Then its off to the community dumpster. If I had a nice wooded lot near me I could just as easily spread it out there and no one would ever now what it was.

Some states or counties send their trash to a center where people pick through or sort it by compostibility or recycleablity. Wouldnt be hard to narrow down the search area if intact MJ pieces kept turning up in bags with junk mail that has the same address every other month.

Its not fool proof but makes me feel better anyways

True, true. ok, damn, I'll just bend over now, and you can all give me a nice swift kick in the rear.

I have plenty of paper bags and cardboard boxes, I'll dig one out to "sanitze" my trash. It's no hardship to hang on to it a bit before i get rid of it, so in the name of safety, i'll do it.

Thanks guys, I can learn my lesson before i get bitten.

much appreciated.
:oops::phew::phew::phew::thanks:

I recently read about a person that was popped because of this. He came under suspecion due to calls from neighbors. 5 O Picked up his trash in the middle of the night and bam! if there was nothing in the trash they would have had, well nothing! Cops turned a simple nosey neighbor call into a bust without a warrant.

im pretty low key, and all my neighbors like me, but i see what your saying, better to not leave it to chance. . . for me it was a choice between throwing it in the trash as safely as possible in small amounts at a time, or driving it somewhere else to get rid of it, and driving with it and tossing it somewhere where someone could see me always seemed more dangerous.

but letting it dry and breaking it down makes sense, but at harvest man, that will just be way too much. plus all the roots, gonna have to bag it and drive it to an open dumpster in a dark parking lot somewhere. so sketchy. Thanks a lot Uncle Sam, great job making our country a safer and better society. you do good work. now lets go drink us a fifth of 151 and shoot our guns god damn it.

Once you roll it off yout property, it becomes city property. They can simply pick it up and search it for any reason. Including an anonymous tip. At least if you have a sack o crap in your trunk, you have some basic rights.

It's not just the clippings. Many municipalities have trained their police to id telltale signs of a grow. One of them is fan noise. say they are on a call to your house for some unrelated reason, you may have invited them. a sharp officer might pick up on something. they swing buy your house and collect your trash and find all of your empty sensigrow, budcandy, kushikush bottles along with a high times magazine that has growing articles in it. Is that enough? if not, it's surely enough to dig deeper. Don't let anyone turn a hunch into a case against you. I think of it like camping, what you pack in, you pack out.

I agree Budly! I just don't want to be bothered, Im old and not doing anything illegal!
Wheel of Fortune, Glad I could be here for the possibley last one, thanks for all your work!
Good luck!
:peace:

gotta agree as well...:grinjoint: I let my clippings dry and then mix them in with the grass clippings and put them in the lawn bags. As for empty supplies, I put them in a separate trash bag, and bring them to work, and use the dumpster at the building...

my ebb & gro is bout put together can you tell me how far i should space the tubes from the tees & elbows for the buckets . i asked someone in the wrong thread earlier dude was confused..

also on the controller 6 spots for the hose should i run all 6 or close some off. workin wit 12 buckets.

damn pump in the 55gal res is a pain in the ass. kept coming unmounted from the suction cups & wtf is the deal with the cord only like 5inches hanging out the res. and im suppose to plug this in the controller outlet? wont reach.

thanks everyone for the relity check, yeah, you're all right, and i always knew i shouldn't, but i did it anyways. I'll let it dry and spread it in my compost heap outside for the veggies, or take a midnight trip to a McDonalds Dumpster.

welcome MMJemulation! glad youre here for the show. i feel like you do, i shouldn't have to hide what I do, I'm not hurting anyone, but unfortunately I do have to be careful.

Kamikaze, it depends on the size of your room buddy. The way I did mine was to lay out all of the buckets in the most optimal configuration for my space, and then cut the hose to make it fit that configuration. I would definitely use all of the ports, as it will increase the diffusion speed of the water out of the controller (fill all of the buckets faster.) I always just tried to fit the tees and elbows in whatever position gave me the straightest run of tube. that will also increase the speed at which they fill.

as far as the pump goes, your probably gonna have to hook it up to an extension cord to reach the controller. for silence reasons, i don't use the suction cups in the drum, i cut the hose an inch short of letting the pump hit the bottom and secured the hose, that way, with it being suspended from the hose, none of the vibrations transfer to the drum.

hope that helps you out bro, if not just keep asking questions and I'll keep answering to the best of my abilities. . . also Mcbudz has an awesome perpetual journal with the EnG too, and Pitviper did, but i'm not sure what he's doing now with dirt and led's and such. but they both know their shit too. so if I'm off for a day or two those are some good resources.

my ebb & gro is bout put together can you tell me how far i should space the tubes from the tees & elbows for the buckets . i asked someone in the wrong thread earlier dude was confused..

also on the controller 6 spots for the hose should i run all 6 or close some off. workin wit 12 buckets.

damn pump in the 55gal res is a pain in the ass. kept coming unmounted from the suction cups & wtf is the deal with the cord only like 5inches hanging out the res. and im suppose to plug this in the controller outlet? wont reach.

When i put together my EnG.. I cut the vinyl tubing 2 inches and that was enough to fit both the tees/elbow and the fitting. As far as the bucket spacing, you could use all 6 but not necessary. I use 3 for 9 buckets and it works perfectly fine, but more will make ur buckets fill and drain quicker. but your set up will be wider i suppose. either way ur good. 6 will be better, but you wont suffer terribly if you used 3-4.

I put a 550 in my res so the cord is a little longer but just get a lil ext cord and run it from the end of your pump cord to your controller. I also put a lil electric tape around the ext cord and pump cord jus cause i was a lil paranoid about my solution splashin

@Wheelo... man i was stoppin thru to say wassup bro... whats poppin bro.. i see ur aero is recoverin nicely and the eng is kickin ass and takin names later

thanks for the info appreciate it.. i did the same thing on the pump it is a couple inches from the bottom of the res. im just hope my floor is level enough where i have my growlab 145 tent which is 5x5 area. gonna try to keep the big bastard drum outside the tent so the water temp. stay in the mid 60`s.

will finish setting it up tonight and make a few test floods & drains. took almost 7 hours to fill my res from my r.o.

investing in a light mover next time and doing a complete sealed room so i can run co2 which ive never done either. thought bout throwing in one those co2 bucket things do they work anyone know.?

Back
Top Bottom