Quix's SSH from Clone - Chocolate NL Re-Veg & Other Fun Strains Coming Soon!

22 days? They are looking very good.
Thank you very much Mr. Smith, your opinion is valued!
Did you have a chance to see my question to you about a better medium for my DIY bubble cloner? You mentioned that the rockwool was a poor medium, and I was wondering what you may suggest as an alternative....Hope you are well friend:Namaste:

Wow Mr. Smith, where do you find time to participate in a small closet dirt journal like mine!? I've seen a bunch of your work, and my hat's off to you sir.

Here's what I was able to discern from my last experience with the cloner. The Reddish brown sludge, and the white sludge were very different in the way they grew, and places they liked to cling. The white stuff was very "snot" like, and liked to cling to the net cups and or float around in the water at different depths, in chunks. I'm almost positive now that it was the MM2000 product that caused it.
The Reddish-brown was more like alge, coating the bottom and sides of the cloner, and is much slower in growth. I believe the SuperThrive contributes to that, as I have seen signs of it before with its use in my cloner.
The thing is that I've used this cloner 3 times previously, with all the same environmental factors as this time, and only after around 14-17 days did I really start to see any signifigant alge formation. I'm pretty sure the MM caused my snotty white stuff.
I agree that I should keep my solutions simple, its what has worked for me in the past.
I'm a little bummed to hear about Superthrive giving you problems, I have a pretty big soft spot for the stuff but now I may reconsider. Sorry it ruined your crops!!

As for the medium, I just used a bunch of free stuff I got from someone, and it worked great for a few runs before. You say the rockwool is not great for this type of cloner? Could you suggest something that would be better? Any thoughts and opinions are welcomed and apreciated, I like the cloner so I would love to know how I could improve my use of it!
Again thanks for your time!

Thanks for taking the time to drop some knowlede on me, I really apreciate that!

I didn't see this post, sorry. If your doing it for fun thats great. I just recently subbed in your journal so I missed alot. But let me get this straight, you are cloning in dwc then transplanting into another medium? I think you would have less problems if you were to just clone in the medium weather its soil or soiless or if you really wish to use the rockwool its best in a sealed container or humidity dome. What I think is best for your cloner would be neoprene inserts or collars. They are also cheap and reusable and efficient.

I didn't see this post, sorry. If your doing it for fun thats great. I just recently subbed in your journal so I missed alot. But let me get this straight, you are cloning in dwc then transplanting into another medium? I think you would have less problems if you were to just clone in the medium weather its soil or soiless or if you really wish to use the rockwool its best in a sealed container or humidity dome. What I think is best for your cloner would be neoprene inserts or collars. They are also cheap and reusable and efficient.

Thanks for the info...Yes, I grow in soil, then clone in DWC, and transplant back to soil. The reason I clone in the bubbler is that, from what I've been able to find, they root faster in dwc than if you stick a cutting into soil....I haven't tried cloning gel or powder yet, so I could be missing out on the benefits of cloning that way. Maybe this summer I'll try it that way, but the upcoming grow won't feature any cloning so it'll have to wait. thanks again for stopping by.:thumb:

Ladies looking beautifull bro :adore:

Thank you GS!! I hope the new grow :high-five:starting at the first of the year blows this one out of the water, or, dirt....You have some nice things going on oyurself buddy, thanks for stopping in!

Picture Update...
Day 28 since flip.....

Durban Poison and CJ Widow...

PC0200151.JPG
PC0200161.JPG
PC0200011.JPG

Super Silver Haze...

PC0200061.JPG

PC0200041.JPG

PC020007.JPG

PC0200091.JPG
PC0200111.JPG

PC0200131.JPG

PC0200081.JPG

Damn good looking ladies Quixilvir! Nice and frosty! I love super silver haze, and yours are sweet.

Thank you kindly 4Twenty, They actually look really nice in these pics, I was quite surprised to see how frosty they were gwtting, and glad I was able to capture it...The pics usually dont do them justice, but these are pretty damn close!:Namaste:

Wow looks like the stress this ladie had didn't have any effect on the potency. Amazing bro!
Thanks a bunch GS! They should provide enough meds to get me through one more grow. I'm hoping the high with these strains, can compare to their beauty!:Namaste:

Nice, Quix! Looking great! :bravo:
Thank you kindly good sir! I try lol....We'll see if the final product will reflect their beauty....

Hi Quix! :adore:

Your girls look great. Mighty fine pictures too! :thumb:
Hi OMM!! you're too kind, thank you for the compliment! I do like the way they look this round...I'm hoping my next grow will be even better! I hope you are well my friend!:love::Namaste:

Quix! Insanely healthy looking and well cared for plants. I'm super impressed by your green thumb mister. +rep for truly beautiful gals. :bravo:

Ahhh thanks buddy! They better appreciate all the work it took to get them to root! All 3 of these plants were some sad, sickly little effers when I rescued them...It'll be nice to have some different smoke, and am excited to have some sativa-ish smoke to boot. Durban Poison is supposed to be a landrace, but I cant tell without growing her out a little more naturally....She has most of the tell-tale traits of DP, but some of her leaves look juuuuust a tad broad...Been reading a bit and it would appear that LOTS of growers like to breed in a little NL or Skunk, to increase yields or resistance to mold or bugs, and so on....
I'll say this about her, though, she's had the house smelling like anise/licorice and skunk since she was a lil thing...I cant wait to taste her!
Thanks for the kind words and for the reps Brother!:thumb:

hey quix girls r lookin great man, was just wonderin wat sizehid u have there. i have a couple plants flowering right now and they seem to be right about where ur girls r.

keep up the green work

:peace:

Hi there Hashfiend:welcome:

Thanks for the kind words, the single SSH is under 150wHPS, and four 23w CFLs-(5000K x2/2700K x2) I would have bigger HPS, and more supplimental CFLs, but alas, this is all the heat my little 2x2 space can handle.

The Durban Poison and CJ Widow are strictly CFL--(125w 6400K x1 +4 23 watters, 2 and 2 like the above).

Today is right about day 33 of 12/12....Pictures coming this weekend....

Back
Top Bottom