It has been in the pot since august(well it started in august not sure how long this exact pot but for a long time). I was really lazy while they were infested with bugs, I may have watered to run off but they were just sitting in it soaking it back up so I imagine that was a bad time.

I flushed them both, the ppm that came out of some of the first buckets through was 3300 plus , so I kept flushing. Was super annoying to take them out of my scrog to do this. I dont think I will scrog again, this is why I didnt, I will need someway to feed to run off and collect the water.

In any event I followed them up with some 6.0 PHd nutes (5grams per gallon). Think we learned the lesson here, dont be lazy about feeding to runoff.

Good to flush then! 3300 ppm is crazy high, so with a bit of luck it should be a much happier plant now.

:welldone:
Yes I hope so. Considering it didn't look too bad. So what happens exactly when the ppm builds up that high? Does that mean salt builds up then the nutes cannot be taken in by the plant? I want to make sure I understand this process.

Recap:
What happened?

COVID-19 hit and I got extremely busy with work. On top all of the extra duties doubling as a parent and full time career person and the plants having bugs I took some short cuts that should never have been taken.

The Bugs:

Thrips:
A little over two years ago I started my first grow journal here on 420 magazine to get some help because I was struggling. At the same time one of my friends gave me a couple clones. Queue thrips. I FINALLY got rid of them around last summer about the time I got aphids. I don’t know if aphids eat thrips but I have not seen a thrip since. What did the trick? Neem oil spraying daily 8ml neem 5ml baby soap lavender and 1litre of water.

Aphids:
They infested everything. I took my plants outside to catch some rays and I won’t be doing that again. Since I was so busy and they were hard to get rid of I through out the worst of the plants and cut back the two that weee left and then started spraying daily till I sent the first girl who I think is White OG to flowers.

Marker on solo cup:
lost track of strains due to the names getting rubbed off the cups. Lesson learned do not write directly on the cups.

Runnoff:
I was already dealing with pests and many other non cannabis related endeavours so when I fed I just let it run into the tray and the plants just soaked it all back up. I think with nutes not Megacrop that mismanagement may have shown it’s signs much earlier but for me I did not notice an issue until flower and I see a K problem in the plant. This caused a lot of work. They are in a scrog and I had to take them out to flush. Big pain. I have bought a shop vac and some pot elevators to make sure this never happens again.

The Fix:

Flushed both plants with 3x pot sized in water and followed up with some 6.0 ph nutes megacrop at 5 grams per gallon.

this morning they seem quite good. Won’t be able to tell for sure if the spreading has stopped but pretty sure this was the issue since the first bucket flushed through register 3300ppm on the run off.

The Girls:

D6773897-947A-4768-8D96-9928BE3F1437.jpeg

White OG(Maybe):
A74EAFD5-143B-42BE-B3DC-A5B6A6517844.jpeg

Thanks to @InTheShed for the quick assist.

Now we wait to see the results.

someone called me a mother tucker this morning. This girl is still filling out the screen. Here are a couple shots of mid tuck:
7FF68D8F-AACA-4721-85C3-650EB58A8BB9.jpeg

Done tucking:
487ECE0C-10F1-4416-BA1E-947BF60E22AD.jpeg

Very happy with the growth. Looks like the back left girl is bulking up real nice. And the second plant that is slightly behind in flower is starting to build its flowers. Cannot wait to see how these buds form.

Good news, got my seeds. Bad new, I ordered regs and got fems. Good news fems cost more than regs. Bad news , kind of ruins my plans for breeding. Maybe I will order some regs right from ACE seeds. True North sent theirs pretty quick but their support is slow and not getting my order right on the first time is kind of irritating. When I mentioned 420 mag they didnt know what I was talking about I found that a bit off puting.

Good news, got my seeds. Bad new, I ordered regs and got fems. Good news fems cost more than regs. Bad news , kind of ruins my plans for breeding. Maybe I will order some regs right from ACE seeds. True North sent theirs pretty quick but their support is slow and not getting my order right on the first time is kind of irritating. When I mentioned 420 mag they didnt know what I was talking about I found that a bit off puting.
You can't help feeling bloody annoyed at that, all the hassle of making and waiting for the order and then they screw it up without simple double checking, how difficult can that be. Sometimes I feel that some of the 'order pickers' for the seed companies seem like if they're having a bad day they know they can screw your day up by deliberately picking the wrong order for you.

Save 'em for another time and order some regs from a company that double checks the order!
This is what I'm thinking. Ill cool down for a bit while i get some of these ready to soak.

You can't help feeling bloody annoyed at that, all the hassle of making and waiting for the order and then they screw it up without simple double checking, how difficult can that be. Sometimes I feel that some of the 'order pickers' for the seed companies seem like if they're having a bad day they know they can screw your day up by deliberately picking the wrong order for you.

I sure don't want to think anyone would do that on purpose. I know we all make mistakes it is unfortunate but as they say, the best made plans of mice and men. I do feel a bit annoyed mostly because I had this plan but also because I have spent quite a bit of dollars on this plan beyond seeds and wasnt planning on spending more. That being said I may just order some more regs.

Let’s talk about me for a minute or more importantly my garden. I was measuring my PPFD today and felt my lights were a bit high and maybe not powered up enough. Now I have around 500 at the canopy of the SCROG with the edges tapering down a bit. They way I have my lights positioned since I custom made them allowed for a nice even spread through the tent.

Girls are looking real good since the flush. The front right girl was real thirsty this morning so I her a feeding at 5 grams a gallon. She seems to be able to tolerate more than the back left.

The flowers on the back left girl are really starting to plump up. Starting to look real tasty. I think I was in here drooling at my phone and my wife asked what I was looking at and I was like hot girls as I showed her my phone and all the pot picks I’m looking at.

As mentioned above my seeds arrived today. Although there seems to be a bit of a mix up I certainly want to remeber that we are all struggling right now and mistakes happen especially with the extra stress everyone is dealing with. I want to see what the deal is with this other package I have a tracking number for. Technically if the ACE seeds FEM are a mistake I still have everything I ordered except they were supposed to be regs. So let’s see how this plays out.

so what else did I get?

Picked up a couple singles from Barnys Farms:

“CHRONIC THUNDER™ Cannabis Seeds​

By crossing the long established and superior genetics of both the legendary Alaskan Thunder with the stable and high yielding Dr. Chronic, CHRONIC THUNDER™ was born. This wonderful blend of genetics creates a high yielding, short flowering Indica dominant hybrid that grows up to 100cm tall indoors.

The flowering time is only 8.5 weeks which will have heavy side branches that need support in their final flowering stage. CHRONIC THUNDER™ produces a relaxing, satisfied high with a unique dried cinnamon fragrance and delicious flavour.”

“UTOPIA HAZE™ Cannabis Seeds​

UTOPIA HAZE™ is the result from generations of backcrossing and selection from a prized Brazilian landrace. In its first Cannabis cup the UTOPIA HAZE™ took both Cannabis and Sativa cups, and was called the overall favourite of the event.

This is a tall mould and disease resistant plant, growing up to 130cm, and boasts a high yield of 650g per square metre. It bursts with citrus and mint flavours, and will give you a long lasting cerebral Sativa high.”

Followed up by two Canuk seeds:

Afghani No 1 is a traditional landrace strain collected in the mountains of Afghanistan by Sacred Seeds in the 1970s. It was one of the first pure indica true-breeding strains used in worldwide cannabis breeding programmes. It is well known for its dense buds, copious resin production and its excellent properties for hashish production.

This strain has been acclimatised to western growing conditions by selectively crossbreeding various Afghani No 1 parents and selecting offspring plants with favourable traits. The popularity of Afghani No 1 can be seen through its use as a genetic building block in many predominately indica strains created or preserved within the Sensi Seed bank gene pool and other seed companies.

Afghani No 1 is a vigorous growing yet small bushy plant, with a strong stem that is renowned for its strong aroma when flowering. Its classic indica properties and true-breeding nature make it an ideal indica parent plant.”

The plan was to do some breeding but plans can change and we could still get a male out of the Afghani seeds.

Seeds were dropped about 6:40PM and tomorrow around the same time I will move them to soil. I will be keeping an eyes on them at intervals in case they crack quickly the. I will move them to the pro mix coco.

Back
Top Bottom