Peeking in here and there to pick up a few tips!
Good timing. Just finishing up one grow , one plant has about 2 weeks maybe and the second about a month.

Then we got some new seedlings coming up and some surprises I haven’t mentioned yet.

ok ok, I’ll give one of them away. Found a Jack Herer bag seed, actually my wife found it, and we are going to start that one to replace the dud.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my grow

:Namaste:

Nailed it if you ask me... for educational purposes at this point
Those nutes were hard to use , we on mega crop now in pro mix hp cc. Life is simple. Bugs are gone too. Woot.

I'll be running a Jack Herer from @Weed Seeds Express this summer so I can see how I do! Unless yours turns out to be male. :(
Should be a female , it’s a seed from commercial weed which is rare and usually female. At least everyone I know that has grown a bag seed from the dispensary weed it has been female. Maybe just lucky?
I love Jack. Great energetic high
It is quite good. Got it because this other stuff I had wasn’t cured properly. If the seed ends up producing it’s going to have been the cheapest bag ever.

Germination How To:

Step 1:

I always start with the see in a shot glass of bottles water and label with the strain.

I leave it in the glass for 24 hours max, and if the seeds show signs of cracking open it’s time for the next step. If the seed has not cracked by 24 hours I move on to the next step anyway.

Step 2:

Next place the seed into your medium. I use jiffy pods and cut the net off the bottom. I also use solo cups with whatever medium. I pre-soak the medium the recommended amount of thrive alive b1 red kelp. It’s a 1-0-0 organic nutrient that will not be too hot for these little ones.

Step 3: Wait and make sure the medium stays moist enough. I usually use a mister. They are in a warm room under a light on 18-6 schedule

why the simplicity? Using the paper towel method requires paying too much attention.
This method has very good results and requires far less attention.

Chronic thunder broke ground and she’s looking a bit runty, she was also the last one up. Cute though.

Nice seed germination tutorial! I do the same other then using a paper towel after a soak in water, it’s just what I’m used to and it works for me almost every time.

Subbed up for the rest of the show!

The only time I tried paper towel they dried out before I could get to them, so I never used it again. I put them in peat pucks as soon as the split in the bowl (which they've all done so far!).

I cut off the bottom wrapper on the peat as well, and when I plant I tear off the entire thing. No reason to make roots try to grow (and expand) through it. It's not like it dissolves in water.

Cute baby :).

Peeking in here and there to pick up a few tips!
You've come to the right place, these guys have the knowledge to help!
Found a Jack Herer bag seed, actually my wife found it, and we are going to start that one to replace the dud.

I'll be running a Jack Herer from @Weed Seeds Express this summer so I can see how I do!
Jack Herer is a strain that is legendary and so far I have never had the pleasure of trying it, but it is nice to know Reave and Shed are growing it as it'll be really interesting see how it turns out and what their verdict is.

I grew out a bag seed a few years ago that turned out to be amazing, I think partly it was due to a stretch of drought stress that made the plant go extra sticky, and also coming from bag seed the purchased buds were probably not grown to their full potential before being harvested, so hence the more favourable comparison when I grew out the seed I found. I imagine this is probably the case with most commercially grown bud, that it is harvest timed for peak profit and less for a peak high. But hey, that's why we grow our own! :ganjamon:

Those nutes were hard to use , we on mega crop now in pro mix hp cc. Life is simple. Bugs are gone too.
You using the one part or two part Mega? (Noob question)

Nice seed germination tutorial! I do the same other then using a paper towel after a soak in water, it’s just what I’m used to and it works for me almost every time.

Subbed up for the rest of the show!

Thanks for stopping by. Glad to have you around. I think if you have older stock it’s nice to go with the paper towel method so you don’t stop germination. Nothing wrong with doing what works for you. Success is success and that’s what we are all going for here. Gooo green

I cut off the bottom wrapper on the peat as well, and when I plant I tear off the entire thing. No reason to make roots try to grow (and expand) through it. It's not like it dissolves in water.

Learned this from you and I think I had a similar issue when not taking off. I will head the rest of your advice.

But hey, that's why we grow our own!

Right? Just bought a bag that was very bad. Cured awful made the wife anxious and what not. Not working as advertised that’s for sure. Can’t wait to have my own supply restocked.

You using the one part or two part Mega? (Noob question)

I use the 1 part megacrop. I think I have the version 2. Got a BIG bag left
Damn... I'm caught up... only took me a week :laughtwo:

Wow , Yeah I’ve seen you wading through. The best is yet to come though. I am super excited to grow these Barney’s , Canuk, and Ace seeds and see if we can’t get some nice parent plants.

Thanks for support everyone!!!

:Namaste: :yahoo:

You've come to the right place, these guys have the knowledge to help!

Jack Herer is a strain that is legendary and so far I have never had the pleasure of trying it, but it is nice to know Reave and Shed are growing it as it'll be really interesting see how it turns out and what their verdict is.

I grew out a bag seed a few years ago that turned out to be amazing, I think partly it was due to a stretch of drought stress that made the plant go extra sticky, and also coming from bag seed the purchased buds were probably not grown to their full potential before being harvested, so hence the more favourable comparison when I grew out the seed I found. I imagine this is probably the case with most commercially grown bud, that it is harvest timed for peak profit and less for a peak high. But hey, that's why we grow our own! :ganjamon:

I'm going to grow 2 Jack Herers this summer, too so I may pop by here from time to time. :battingeyelashes:

Been doing some reading into TLO growing and decided to start my own soil this spring.

I ordered the following:
BB918212-68E0-4027-8341-C53DCA6784C9.jpeg

I have access to some strong compost with the following properties:
4C3491F6-B9EF-45C9-AD3C-C1F1A5850C29.jpeg

Still need to purchase some Canadian spahgnum and peat moss , some rice hulls( not sure where to get these yet), I have some perlite already, and some EWC.

what you guys think? This will get me started?

Back
Top Bottom