Recess Is Over - Now To Muck Up The Lesson

you can't miss what you don't know.. only started growing and are happy with your results, no point comparing yourself to others or looking for something your not after, you know? but if you think something is missing, it's not what your after, then information like this helps to make clear why.. why you can't find that one plant you grew and loved no matter how many packets you go through..:passitleft:

Only 3 kinds of weed in the world................ Bad weed,,, better weed,, and good weed.... Oh and mine............ JK kind of.....

But then from this layman. Keepem Green

Norcal, man I loved that gimme shelter.. I never knew how close jagger was to being assassinated. And the knife to the throat from the angels dude, bloody hell. That was a good doco.. think there's a photo on each of five pages back, nothing to show mum but fills my bong until I go to work or my eyes are closed.. :passitleft:

Hey Gizz... Is alot more to that story than met the press... Was abit of monies involved, not just drinks as the news says, and someone out in the crowd pulled a gun; fearing for his life? ......... Long story... I wasn't there. Homies were, but can't I believe everything I hear????? Hell ya...... I gues not....... Kind of like believing everything you read on a seed package..... What they say about strains isn't true? Bad/Good/Better. All we can hope is to find a good one we like,, kind of like the story of the Altamont. I did meet a few older club members that were riding back then and were there. I can't call it... All I can call from back then was Skynyrd rocked the day on the Green... I do know the homeboys were known to get abit outta line back then. Red and White Keepem Green

Only thing that knife was over was lack of monies... Ya free drinks. But them was different days. But was all over a guy got scared and pulled a gun. Allready kind of pissed homies were told they weren't getting paid and they got abit outta line. Man that was years before I even got hanging around status. But where that concret was was ontop of Altamont Pass. I use to grow in a barn ontop that hill back in the 80's. Till I got popped in the 90's. I even had a prop 215 card number 35#. Oh well... Keepem Green

Even if they pop a few nanners here and there... Couldn't these strains still produce top shelf frosty meds with unique terps and flavors for people looking for a exotic touch of variety?

"A few bananas"... Will ruin most people's grows, because they're not always obvious. But it's not any alleged inherent reversal traits in the above aforementioned "hybrids" that make me call that screaming clusterfuck, a screaming clusterfuck.
What that list is, is a polyhybrid male (or males) that consist of more than one hybrid-in fact, there may be four or more painfully unstable parents just on the father's side. And then on the mother(s) sides, there's possibly up to EIGHT parents. So there's basically ZERO chance of anything being remotely stable or vaguely homogeneous. That list pretty much DEFINES "unicorn clusterfuck hunt". And while it may be "interesting" to grow some of those seeds, to call them in any way shape or form "commercial" is a gross insult to actual working breeders. It's hobbyist-grade work at best, criminally inept pollen chucking at its worst. They're implying that those horribly unrefined, untested seeds are something special, by virtue of the mother-side lines. They most certainly are not, although if one was set up on a large scale for unicorn hunting, say, 20-30,000 watts, then odds are one could select something that might (might) be something special. Maybe. Maybe not.
(As I previously mentioned, I've seen unicorn hunts on a multi-kw scale that failed to produce ANY winners, working with genetics FAR better than those listed in the above jpeg.)
The single cross on that list, the BX, is the only potentially genetically sound move on there. And they're so inept (or possibly clueless, idk) that they don't know that the listed Legend OG cross, is also a back-cross (to an original P1 parent, the "Legend OG") as well. (For those who don't know, the real Legend OG clone (if they actually have it) isn't a hybrid like most "OG Kush" clones are. It's an actual, land race Paki/Chitral Kush Hash Plant cut. It doesn't really deserve the "OG Kush" name tag, except if it's correctly used, it can create actual "OG Kush"-grade hybrids.) And there's a bunch of bootlegs of it being passed around. The real cut is VERY closely held & it doesn't get out. So, er, buyer beware, etc.
I don't have anything against that collective, but that list is a PERFECT illustration for the purposes of discussion about how making seeds to sell via bullshit hype & some low grade photoshop, does not a "breeder" in any way, shape or form, make. That's not a "seed bank" it's a bird food repository.

Ok, ☕

only this industry.. not going to get a seed breeder in any other allowed to sell, yellow tomatos maybe or should get pink roses.. no real standards, which we don't want because it's all our plant. Gets into that horrid area of control.. self regulation can't work when majority don't know what to regulate and are actually happy with the current state. So many convos about how good all this unstable shit is, so the consumers on a majority don't care..

I need to grow something that'll knock me out for hours. Lost my sleep patterns lately and it's getting worse.. can't seem to sleep for more than three hours, three times a day..
Norcal, money brings out the best in all of us.. but then when you need it.. I know that saying 'it's only money' used it myself but if you said folks going to take roof from your head food off your plate, I think most would go even harder than what they do for 'only money'.. yeah the press only let out what they know or what still keeps the public safe or terrified, depending on what they trying to achieve at the given time.. man all you guys stories are from what I read watch dreamed about seeing one day, damn I gotta get to the states.. I want Texas smoked slow cooked BBQ.. :rofl:

I understand the point being made about random genetics. Its a crap shoot really. BUT when one considers regulation, one also has to consider who is doing it. I for one would love the government to keep its nose and greedy little fingers out...completely. They know less than the pollen chuckers and only care about the bottom line. Let the seed companies do what they will, let the dispensaries have their offerings tested, and for us growers we weed out what we dont like, clone what we do, share what we get. For large scale providers, they carry the burden of searching for what is in demand, having it tested and keeping a good supply of mothers. I cant imagine they would want the government any closer to their operations than it already is or wants to be,...

Just my 2 cents for what they are worth :)

I'm not suggesting ANY kind formal regulation at all, just pointing out a great example of the kind of shitshow I've mentioned previously. If this industry was in any way self-policed online the way it used to be, clown shows like the aforementioned wouldn't exist past a few online posts, without copious laughter driving them offline. I mean, holy crap-That anyone *thinks* that's in any way legit as actual breeding, is just baffling to me.

Yeah..

Fair enough. I am a tiny player at best. I barely smoke at all really, I just love to grow. I just know the govs habit of fking up a good thing. I live in the 'Live Free or Die' State, and its still criminal here to be even caught with a J...every surrounding state has moved toward legalization.

Where this is so new to a very many people, I see this sort of breeding happening for a good while yet. As more growers enter the scene, they will talk, and eventually truth and solid genetics will win out. There has to be a tipping point.

Skunkworkz, that self type regulation gets people busted... people don't like being made fools of or having their work rejected and laughed at and lots of people are arseholes at the core, usually the ones trying to con money outta folks.. A self regulatory ethical standards committee.. couldn't see that being corrupt and a shitstorm.. try figure out who breed white widow :rofl::rofl:

Fair enough. I am a tiny player at best. I barely smoke at all really, I just love to grow. I just know the govs habit of fking up a good thing. I live in the 'Live Free or Die' State, and its still criminal here to be even caught with a J...every surrounding state has moved toward legalization.

Where this is so new to a very many people, I see this sort of breeding happening for a good while yet. As more growers enter the scene, they will talk, and eventually truth and solid genetics will win out. There has to be a tipping point.

.. New Hampshire decriminalized 21g or less last week. New Hampshire becomes 22nd state to decriminalize marijuana - AOL News
So now it's a max $100 fine. Which is better than previously, clearly.

.. New Hampshire decriminalized 21g or less last week. New Hampshire becomes 22nd state to decriminalize marijuana - AOL News
So now it's a max $100 fine. Which is better than previously, clearly.

Holy shit! I missed it! Life has been a little hectic lately and I completely missed it :cheer:

That said, Im totally crossing my bushy MW male with the MW Amazon Queen in my tent. I'll get my niece working on photoshop for the poster! Call it Super Mango Widow...in fact, I can see a total Marvel Comic Collection in the making....hmmm Batman Kush, Green Lantern OG, Alien Manhunter...oh the possibilities! :)

Just kidding :)

Skunkworkz, that self type regulation gets people busted... people don't like being made fools of or having their work rejected and laughed at and lots of people are arseholes at the core, usually the ones trying to con money outta folks.. A self regulatory ethical standards committee.. couldn't see that being corrupt and a shitstorm.. try figure out who breed white widow :rofl::rofl:

Just reread that, sounds like I'm wanting a contril body from government or something.. no no no fuck off go away.. I just don't think there's really any answers.. crosses will be made and folks will buy them. We just have to promote the true breeders (which every friend does slready, I see the problem there) and hopefully with enough searching people will see the clearer picture..

...then again, people still but scratch-offs too The search for the Unicorn is very compelling...who's siggy says 'The best weed is yet to be grown' Unfortunately that unicorn will probably show up in some shed in Tennessee. :/

We all searching for the unicorn (keeper/cup winner) in a sense but done right and it's %hunting... Better to start with the genetics that can produce it :rofl::rofl: otherwise your stuck in a fairy tale and that shits not real, think it's called fantasy :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom