Recess Is Over - Now To Muck Up The Lesson

Donvito,worse you are the higher you go :rofl: sounds about right :rofl: little known fact is people running the weather bureau started out as janitors and worked their way up.. true... :rofl:

Thanks mate.. I harvested one of the jandre, keep that early scatter buzz in a jar.. threw what I think are male G13skunk and nev Skunk into flower. . I'll up pot them if female but in one gal pots at the moment.. got another two I think are male that I'll throw in once get more room.. I'm about to up pot the two females I have, try get them little bigger before flipping. I'll take clones once into stretch and I'm cleaning them up a little.. got some med man critical Skunk and La Niña out to crack. Get them cracked next week..

Guys. I've got that male Juanita outside and some of the pollen sacks have started to release and open.

How would you go from here to harvest your pollen.

Plastic bags? Cut, into water, bags? What worked for you?

Don't use plastic as it sweats ;) basically you want to keep it dry or it will become inactive :thumb: Personally I shake the shit out of my males over a sheet of glass (glass coffee table would be perfect but I use a glass door off one of the old entertainment units) then use a razor to scrape up the pollen ;) another good option is paper bags, throw one of them over a branch and give it a shake ;) Or the easiest and most natural way is just move the plants you want to be pollinated into the same area :)

I put branch into a big glass jar and shake each branch seperately...

Veg tent;
Back three (mid right) G13skunk
Front three (mid left) NevilSkunk
Back right and front right I put into flower..

IMG_501611.JPG

MasterKaze

IMG_50157.JPG

Just harvested one of Durple Preams.. gave her hair cut just before chop and hang.

IMG_50177.JPG

IMG_502012.JPG

I hope so Millertm.. She does look like she might have a kick.. I'm hoping she's not too harsh, all Ive ever associated with the purple/darker strains.
Thanks Carestaker, temps would have brought the extra dark.. the fans were getting a nice fade to red to them.. only had molasses last few weeks, which they looked to enjoy.. its good to have been able to grow them, hope I did them some justice..

Hey Red, thanks man, yeah she ended with some nice frost... good to see ya. hope your well mate..

Nevil
People are starting to catch on. Group pollinations are only really practical with highly inbred strains like SK and EP. Many of you will have noticed that most new seed companies start off with a series of SK1 hybrids, basically crossing SK1 to whatever cuttings they can find. It works, but after that they are floundering. After that we enter the realm of...

How to breed with polyhybrids.

Are you paying attention? With polyhybrid matings, it all boils down to the individual. Siblings are not uniform. You see this in the range of types expressed in the females. The males will have a similar range of genotypes. Despite being of mixed blood, individuals still tend to breed true to their own type.

People are polyhybrids. It is quite common for children to look like both parents. Now and again you meet couple who are both singularly unattractive. They produce a ghastly looking baby and ask you, what do you think? I usually say,"It never ceases to amaze me how children capture the essence of both parents in a perfect blend". Nature is like that.

Unless you are doing 1:1 matings with polyhybrids, your results are going to be all over the place. In short, you don't know what you are doing and you'll be unlikely to be able to repeat it unless you keep cuttings of both parents.

I'll get back to this.
N.

:rofl:

Feel I've heard this story before..

TX Shoreline Skunk (80's RKS)

and heres a little history on the strain as per the cannabible 3....

According to Cannabible 3:
Shoreline is a strain well-known in Texas. The story goes like this: Sometime in the late 1980s or early 1990s, some heads went to see the Grateful Dead at the Shoreline Amphitheater in California and scored a stinky sack of herb in the parking lot. In one nugget, they found a seed and this was brought home to Austin, TX, where it was grown. The plant turned out quite nice, and clones of it are passed around Texas to this day. It seemed logical to the grower to name the strain after the venue at which it was scored. The lineage is unknown but it seems to me to be an obvious Skunk selection. There is a pronounced skunky and hashy flavor, with a slight chocolate undertone and a suggestion of lemons. The yield of Shoreline is average at best, and the plant harvests indoors at around forty-five days. Watch out for the smell on this one - she's quite stinky!

He cracks me up mate :rofl: "It never ceases to amaze me how children capture the essence of both parents in a perfect blend"

Back
Top Bottom