Rookie Start At A Perpetual Garden

Today I watered the Jabba after a 6 day drought to stress her a bit, she sure looked rough this morning I ll tell ya!

image4583.jpeg
image4584.jpeg

I put some poly under the plant to help funnel the runoff into a pail, then placed it up on top of another pail for the proper height. I also wanted to be able to grab a sample of the runoff water to test PH and PPM/EC. I balanced the flush water to a PH of 6.3 and the runoff tested at 6.2 and EC was 1450(after flush) The town water here tests out at 7.4 PH and 712 Ppm for EC. So it looks like the drought premoted the uptake of a lot of the excess nutrients in the soil. Soils sitting with about 700 ppm after flush, one maybe two more good flushes over the next 10 days, should be enough to clear out the excess nutrients?!
Started the Medi One schedule today at week 3, roughly.

image4587.jpeg

Any tips on organic growing for this noob would be greatly appreciated!:thumb:

image4585.jpeg
image4586.jpeg

Well we had a good look at the Jabba Stash today and we figure about another 5 days, give or take!:cheer: I was reminded today in someone's journal about poking the main stalk with a pin to stress out some more THC, :thumb: So I gave it a try! One more good flush tomorrow or the next day then lights out for 36 hrs or so. Just something else I read up on and has many on the fence about weather or not it's benificial or not, mehh might as well give er a try, just to say I did.
image4790.jpeg

So, I guess I ve been mixing my ph wrong this whole time..... And now that I ve been told it makes all the sense in the world! They said to adjust to what the nutrients bring, so if I m shootings for 6.3 I'd want to ph down to about 5.7 allowing the boost from the nutrients to even out around that 6.3 range. Love it! I'm now that much more excited to run next cycle, this time with the Medi One line.... I guess starting tomorrow. :thumb:

So me and a good buddy got talking about this last night and I might have just read the E mail from Green Planet wrong..... Like me, I always figure I m doing things wrong and just assumed what they told me meant the opposite of what I ve been doing! If that makes ANY sense....:smokin::smokin::lot-o-toke::tokin: but I guess I ve been doing it right this whole time. Balance PH in the water to6.3 before adding nutrients and don't worry what they do after the fact. Sound right??

Nice bush,:cheer:

Never heard about the needle,, so many tricks for these treats,,

Others would say there is a whole lotto Ole wives out there still,, in this game too,, cheers

Nice bush,:cheer:

Never heard about the needle,, so many tricks for these treats,,

Others would say there is a whole lotto Ole wives out there still,, in this game too,, cheers

Thanks man, yea I was kinda going for that 70's Bush thing..... Switched the lights out this morning after a quick peek a boo for a little dark quiet time! Looks like it might be a fun Friday night around here:thumb:

Finished her up today and planned out for a reveg, when suddenly I found like 3or 4 seeds in ONE lower bud (they got planted promptly just cuz) Accept for a very Stinky house, things went very well!:thumb:
image4995.jpeg
image4996.jpeg

Here s half way through her hair cut, man there were so many leaves!

image4997.jpeg
image4998.jpeg
image4999.jpeg

This is what I left for the reveg, I hope it's enough. I actually tied down a couple branches just so it would fit a little better under my lights and maybe help on the canopy, if she comes back, fingers crossed! I just really love how this plant grew and that's really the only reason for bringing her back to life.:circle-of-love: Ohh and I tried some of its finger hash and it's pretty dang good!

image5000.jpeg

Oh yea man that's plenty. You're going to have a nice sized girl on your hands when she gets going.

Just give her a couple weeks. Keep a close eye on her and next thing you know she'll be spitting out some weird looking leaves.

Excited for you bro! Your path seems very similar to mine. Harvest, reveg, world of endless opportunists. Can't say I'm complaining.

:thumb: you're doing great bro!

Hahaha you weren't kidding Pigeons about the messed up leaves! She bounced right back though, within a few days I could see new growth. Not much action going on these days, just letting all the plants get into their groove after a bit of a rocky start. The AK 47 took right off and has great potential (possible candidate for a couple clones), the Cheese was a little slower out of the gates..... I m sure I stunted her when I fumble fingered her whilst transplanting losing half the medium and slopping around the roots! The White Widow popped up and just starred at me for a week, I figure she was just seeing if I was up to her standards as a Daddy, but she s slowly on her way... Fingers crossed! The other two seeds are ones I got off the Jabba ( there were only a hand full say 20 or so) I just chucked two of em in some dirt for fun, but it might just turn into an experiment of some sort. If these seeds were a result of germination from those hermi s from before then technically I just might have feminized seeds from the Jabba.... Not a 100 percent on the theory but here s hoping!

image35544.jpg

image5324.jpeg
image35543.jpg
image5325.jpeg
image35542.jpg
image5323.jpeg

I ve added more cfl s to my veg room, so I m now at 8 four ft t 8s and 9 cfl s ( 6 more cfl s available when veg picks up)
image5322.jpeg

I didn't get what I expected out of that last harvest, I ended up with only 147 or so grams.

image5326.jpeg

image35545.jpg

Budz, my understanding, re, breeding plants,, if the plant one gets the hermie flower from,, is a female,,,,which it is,, right?? Has to be,, female plant with a male flower,, still a female plant,,, now,,, If the female plant male pollen, pollinates a female plant female flower,, (whether the same plant or two individual plants),,then both parents are female plants, so that insures that all seeds will be female. Tho maybe thats just for femmed seeds?

Anyhow,, heres to females,, love em till death,,:Namaste:

Budz, my understanding, re, breeding plants,, if the plant one gets the hermie flower from,, is a female,,,,which it is,, right?? Has to be,, female plant with a male flower,, still a female plant,,, now,,, If the female plant male pollen, pollinates a female plant female flower,, (whether the same plant or two individual plants),,then both parents are female plants, so that insures that all seeds will be female. Tho maybe thats just for femmed seeds?

Anyhow,, heres to females,, love em till death,,:Namaste:

Hahaha awesome man, yes Here s to the Ladies in our lives..... Esp the strong SILENT type! :thumb: Yea so I think I got what your saying, my only issue is with the hermies I had around this Jabba ( who wasn't a feminized seed). I thought I got em in time but who knows, and or the seeds that the Jabba spit out were a result of something else, say genetics or (highly unlikely) stress, since I didn't touch her till the end.... I guess we ll see if the seeds I planted are both fems, that should be a good determiner..... My luck the next seed I plant from her will be a male and I ll be back to square one on this whole thing, LOL!
Thanks so much for your input, I truely appreciate any info donned upon my simple Mellon head!

Whelp, just for a reference and because a good buddy had issues drying bud, I thought I d show what my procedure is.....
I let the buds hang for roughly 4 days or until the stocks slightly snap and not bend anymore, then I jar it!
Once it's jarred I "burp" it 2 times a day for a week, then down to once a day for a week, then once a week till the 2 month mark. After that I don't worry much about it.... Usually cuz it s all smoked by month 3! LOL

This is how I let it breath, I don't like taking the bud out just for the sake of handling things too much and possibly knocking off trich s. I leave em with lots of room to be able to shake the buds up to loosen them from clumping inside the jars. After a week I m sitting around 65 to70 RH which is already sitting pretty, now it's more about potency/ripening over humidity.
image5336.jpeg
image5335.jpeg

Whelp, just for a reference and because a good buddy had issues drying bud, I thought I d show what my procedure is.....
I let the buds hang for roughly 4 days or until the stocks slightly snap and not bend anymore, then I jar it!
Once it's jarred I "burp" it 2 times a day for a week, then down to once a day for a week, then once a week till the 2 month mark. After that I don't worry much about it.... Usually cuz it s all smoked by month 3! LOL

This is how I let it breath, I don't like taking the bud out just for the sake of handling things too much and possibly knocking off trich s. I leave em with lots of room to be able to shake the buds up to loosen them from clumping inside the jars. After a week I m sitting around 65 to70 RH which is already sitting pretty, now it's more about potency/ripening over humidity.
image5336.jpeg
image5335.jpeg

Well ladies and gents, this might not be the best way to cure your buds..... It totally rushes the process and I m afraid I may have stifled the overall quality by doing this! Yup like I said Rookie, rookie , rookie...... Shit, so after a week of doing that with the fan they re pretty crispy and now I m only burping the jars every day or so. Lol, I actually forgot them these past two days and just rushed down to check em, all up in a hissy, and they were all sitting around the 55 -60 range for RH..... Thus leads me to believe that fan dried them too fast, even though it was only for 5/10 min each time. WELCOME TO MY WORLD:thumb: I won't complain too bad because I ve already been into it and I get quite toasty off it and it just gets better, other then being a little crispy on the outsides, were laughing boys and girls!:circle-of-love:
Lesson 1: Just lay them out like normal people do for an hour or two a day for the first week or so. Any tips for this clueless bugger would be greatly appreciated, sound off.

Well,, and only cuz you asked,, i would never just give my opinion without being asked first,, :Namaste:,,ha, what a joke,,:party:

This is how I do it,,, my drying,,now, I work with small volumes, dunno if that matters or not,,

First,, leave to hang dry for five days for wimpy buds,, gonna be longer for dencies,, maybe twice as long

That will get the moisture content down to the sixties maybe,, still too high for a jar,, but not too high to debranch the buds,, cut them off,, i put em in a jar right away just to smell em,, not to cure em,, i take em out a da jar after I smells em,, i put them in/on a pie plate for the night,, and check em and flip em next day and maybe two days,, that will bring the moisture down to near 40 to 50,, now it is time for the jars,, and,, Important,, only fill jars 3/4 or so full,, dives room to shake and air to move,, when moisture is about 40, I find that perfect,,

Now,, my bud rerely sees much curing,, right now supply is barely keeping up with demand,, but gradual improvement will get me there

At 40 and in jars, a nice shake, and open the jar for a wonderful sniff inside,, such variety out there, and move the moisture around,, another sniff, then closed up till tomorrow,,

That's me, cheers

Thank you sir, I live for the info and that little tid bit will be a keeper!:goodjob::thumb: Yea when I harvested I just hung the colas in my grow tent with all the fans still running ( trying to minimize the already pungent stench) That seemed to dry it ridiculously fast, I jarred it 4 days later and haven't seen much movement in the last few days in regards to RH. I ll try your way in another 2 1/2 months, thanks again mate:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom