Rookie Start At A Perpetual Garden

Just a quick peep show of my little lady, enjoy!
image3979.jpeg
image3981.jpeg
image3982.jpeg

And these are the new prospects: Ak 47 and Cheeeeeese!
image3984.jpeg
image3983.jpeg

Here s a quick recap of the week, not much happening here these days but things are about to change! Little under 3 weeks for harvest on the Jabba and then I m gonna try and re veg that little lady, so that ll be new for this rookie.:thumb:
The babies are doing fine other then the Cheese kinda stunted out for a bit there while the AK flourished, can't wait to train these suckers!:cheer: I m still using the recycled soil from my Hermi shit show but I ve been flushing it with clean demineralized water before I plant. I ve also started using nutrients on the newbies at a 1/2 strength or less. Crazy to maybe see how these two strains react to their conditions and how they are gonna grow. I m stoked for the future that's forsure!!
image4208.jpeg
image4207.jpeg
image4206.jpeg
image4205.jpeg
image4204.jpeg

My main issue with this plant are all the leaves, not sure how benificial they actually are by having SO many... I know the pictures don't show how much bud is actually there,I swear the buds are all about 12" long, it's crazy! Should a guy have defoiliated more in veg or what? All I know is I m gonna document with pics as I harvest and since I'm re veging I m gonna clean the leaves off before I cut branches... Should look impressive, too me anyway! Lol:circle-of-love:

I read in a older journal where the person defols they do it at day 21 of flowering but i have no experience personally so ya know. If you are gonna reveg you wanna leave some leaves and some tiny buds so it being leafy should help you with that.

The only reason I remove leaves in flower is to eat them. No other reason. If you start hacking away the leaves the plant will spend unnecessary time repairing herself when she should be growing buds. Feel me?

From personal experience it's not the leaves that help a reveg but the buds themselves. The reveg that I did both times the new growth grew out from the buds. Check my reveg journal for a few details. I know there's a few ways to do it but I highlight one of them. It's an art of its own that I wasn't ready to partake in too much. I had to much on my plate at the time.

You da man!

No problem pigeon lol i do wanna clarify for BB's sake that im not saying you want a shit ton of leaves left for a reveg but im merely trying to say that since you have alot of leaves now you will have some to spare, i always lose leafs towards the end of flowering so by the time i revegged my plant it had lost most its leaves but i left what leaves remained. When i was researching how to reveg and i found alot sites saying leave some leafs and popcorn buds so thats what i did the reasoning seemed to be it helps to leave a decent amount behind for a easier turn around. No clue if that's true but either way it worked and i was able to take the clones i needed. Like pigeon said though seems to be a few ways to do it lol

There is a few ways to do it. I even seen a guy chop his girl to nothing more than a stump and the girl tried to reveg. I tried to reveg with nothing more than a stump and it didn't work.

image4204.jpeg
Thanks for sounding in boys, you both point out perfect examples of what I had going through my head and to see how my plans reacting these days, I m still on the fence. I guess the ideal test would be with 2 of the same plants under the same conditions and just see what defol actually does from start to finish.... I think I ll set up a regimen on paper of what and how much defol is preformed at which stages. You know something like this would have just been a headache I would have liked to avoided when I first started, but now it just seems so informative and critical to development as a grower! As bushy with leaves as this girl is and for as much bud it's producing, and a rookie as I am, it just opens up more questions.... And to be honest, I m not even sure it IS a lot of bud for such a plant. I guess harvest time will tell!
I LOVE THIS GAME!!:party::party::high-five::Namaste::cool::tommy::yahoo::thanks::hippy::hookah::thumb::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

She's a beautiful girl man!

Honestly if you were watching I would have rolled around in her!

My ORKA doesn't even come close to the size of what this girl is packing!! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Welp here s a quick update on Senior Jabba Stash Mc Stinkiebuds.... Not so sure about this carbon filter and it's full abilities, or am I just expecting too much, either way I find it hard to be upset about the smell when I appreciate the process so much and what that smell truely MEANS!:cheer:
Buds are swelling nicely, it s hard not to enjoy this part of the grow, everyday things look better and better. I quit feeding her 2 days ago and am gonna let her dry right out then flush her hard two or 3 times over the week before harvest. I heard somewhere that stressing your plant just before harvest triggers auxins which inturn produces THC which is the plants natural defence against predators. The guy talked about yelling and kicking the plant or taking it out in the cold for a bit to make it think it was under duress. I love it! I might not go that far but I have been grabbing and shaking/ twisting the main stalk and other mains, just a little tough love.;)
The AK has gone nuts these last few days leaving the Cheese in the dust:snooze::thedoubletake::helpsmilie::helpsmilie: It must have been stressed from the transplant, I was a little rough with it. No worries here though, just glad to see green and knowing the potential for the future!:circle-of-love:
image4394.jpeg
image4396.jpeg
image4398.jpeg
image4400.jpeg

It also nice to see some "Fluxing" going on on the buds!:thumb::circle-of-love::cheer:
image4402.jpeg
image4404.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom