Rookie Start At A Perpetual Garden

I ended up only harvesting half that for bud and the other was made into bubble hash, now that was a fun process! The only reason I did that was cuz both plants were riddled with seeds and I didn't really feed like picking all those seeds, one plant was enough. Glad I did, the hash or the process of making it at lease was a blast. My main man Pigeons420 has all the documentation on that whole process if you wanna know more about that.

Here's the link for the bubble hash!

Rex Pigeons Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

So after posting all these mess ups I think I need to show off the one posative thing in my garden! She s a Jabb Stash in week 4 of flower, she sits under a juiced up 1000w light in my home made tent. I actually vent my veg room into this flower room which works very good considering my 440 cfm fan and carbon filter are in this room! The best part of this whole set up is how this fan and carbon filter are ducted towards the intake of my furnas this dumping filtered warm air which inturn drastically cuts down on my heating costs! I set my furnas blower to run constantly so it moves that 1000w warmed air around my 1200 sq/ft house. I m gonna keep an eye on smell these next 4 weeks since it s getting quite potent down there but with it dropping below 0c it sure makes a difference! The only thing I might do diffrent is to set my lights to run at night instead of during the day to really help offset heating costs, as it sits now what we spend on that 1000w light is saved through heating costs!
image3313.jpeg
image3314.jpeg

Gees she looks lonely! Do you think she ll have enough room and light?? Lol

Still catching up on my follies, here s my Return Of The Living Dead Jabba clone! I took 2 clones, first time ever cloning, from the Jabba before I threw her into flower. I used rock wool 1 " cubes to start the clones in and have mixed feelings about it. One of the two clones dies after about a week and a half, my fault adviously, I didn't adjust the ph to 5.5 when I soaked the cubes. I guess these cubes have a relatively high ph when they start out (7 plus ph). So the second one didn't have much going for her either considering the same method was used for both and quickly started going down hill. I then decided to remove the clone and rock wool from the dirt pot and inspect it. I found I had pushed the clone right through the bottom of the cube which totally stifled the growth. This poor clone had been molested and mistreated worse than a Catholic quior boy ( sorry for the twisted humor..... Hehehe) but I wanted to see if she d come back! I noticed the bottom 2 inches of the clone had dried out but above that it was still green and pliable. I then cut that dry 2 inch tip off and reprepped it with rooting hormone, splitting the stem and shaving the outsides with a scalpel and stabbed her right into the dirt, no rock wool. That rooting hormone is wild shit ladies and gents, by the next morning this beaten abused little red headed step child did a 180 and its leaves pointed straight up! I was impressed!! Sad part is I haven't noticed any new growth yet over the past 3 days so we not out of the woods yet. We ll keep ya posted on her regeneration.....
image3254.jpeg

Next up, time to begin the third Rookie grow!:thumb: I acquired some choice seeds from Buy Cannabis Seeds at #1 Marijuana Seeds Store | True North Seed Bank and if you want awesome service and reliability check these guys out! They really looked out for me, let's just leave it at that, especially if you want seeds in Canada! Plus they sell singles with free kick ass bonus seeds you get to pick!
What I ended up germinating were 2 Bubba Kush, 1 Cheese and 2 AK-47. Now I had issues with the 2 Bubba Kush seeds for some weird reason but the rest are up and at em! My methods for germinating consists of throwing whatever seeds in a glass or two or three of water ( You gotta keep em seperated ) to keep track if your running multiple strains. With these seeds from TNSB, they all ( even the Bubba Kush) popped within 12 hrs of putting them in the water, but I kept them in the water for about 18 hrs. I also covered the top of the glass because they say the seeds like the dark to germinate, oh and kept the temp up around 80. Then after 18 hrs or less I then moved them to YE OLL Papertowel, soaked then wrung out. I then gently placed the popped seed s into the moistened paper towel and samaged the seed in the middle. Because I was doing multiple seeds I drew a 1 " circle for each diffrent seed and initialed it to know what's what. Then i placed the the paper towel w/babies nicely tucked in and place the packet into a ziplock bag that I fill with me co2 rich breath and seal it up. I then place the bag on top of my nice warm light platform (they say the seeds like the warmth to initiate growth, like 80 degrees) and cover it up to stop the light. Seeds don t need light until the are popping through the dirt, warmth and humidity are key to success and that's why I find the ziplock bags work so well. Creates its own little "BioDome" .... Worste movie ever! Hahaha. So by the morning, after doing this the night before, I had 1/2 to 3/4 " tap roots, ready for dirt! I used those small jiffy pots with soil, placed the seed in a 1/2 deep hole then covered. Two days later they were poking their heads out of the soil! I would put those ziplock bags over each jiffy pot at night just to help with drying out and I found it keeps a beautiful atmosphere for those jiffy pots!
image3320.jpeg
image3321.jpeg

This is a pic of that ziplock bag with the paper towel and seeds all covered up.
image3322.jpeg

This is what those Bubba Kush seeds looked like after they popped, kinda a weird shape, bit of a twist to the seed.
image3323.jpeg

So after posting all these mess ups I think I need to show off the one posative thing in my garden! She s a Jabb Stash in week 4 of flower, she sits under a juiced up 1000w light in my home made tent. I actually vent my veg room into this flower room which works very good considering my 440 cfm fan and carbon filter are in this room! The best part of this whole set up is how this fan and carbon filter are ducted towards the intake of my furnas this dumping filtered warm air which inturn drastically cuts down on my heating costs! I set my furnas blower to run constantly so it moves that 1000w warmed air around my 1200 sq/ft house. I m gonna keep an eye on smell these next 4 weeks since it s getting quite potent down there but with it dropping below 0c it sure makes a difference! The only thing I might do diffrent is to set my lights to run at night instead of during the day to really help offset heating costs, as it sits now what we spend on that 1000w light is saved through heating costs!
image3313.jpeg
image3314.jpeg

Gees she looks lonely! Do you think she ll have enough room and light?? Lol

No worries on light! But id sure get lonely.. Get some music in there for her at the least, maybe thow a few stuffed animals in to keep her company?
Shes looking good however, doesnt appear to be complaining any.

No worries on light! But id sure get lonely.. Get some music in there for her at the least, maybe thow a few stuffed animals in to keep her company?

Budz is in there enough she doesn't need a stuffy! :rofl:

Oh most definetly, we could have some wild dance parties in there that's forsure! That might just be the last straw for the old lady though, I m sure she'd have me committed to the loonie bin!

Howdy there bearded budz hope you dont mind me pulling up a seat everything here looks great

O stop cutting yourself short man your girls look great and if it wasn't for you saying your new to this i would have thought you had been doing this for awhile. Lol love the scrog bed lol

Stay at home dad so yea, I got a bit of free time to putter and weave a mean scrog! Hahaha. I just built the flower room this grow, the scrog is still in my veg room..... I really had a tough time abandoning the scrog to be able to run a perpetual... But I m really looking at building a platform on wheels with a pvc 3'by3' frame for the scrog! I just love scroging!!! Hahaha

Next up, time to begin the third Rookie grow!:thumb: I acquired some choice seeds from Buy Cannabis Seeds at #1 Marijuana Seeds Store | True North Seed Bank and if you want awesome service and reliability check these guys out! They really looked out for me, let's just leave it at that, especially if you want seeds in Canada! Plus they sell singles with free kick ass bonus seeds you get to pick!
What I ended up germinating were 2 Bubba Kush, 1 Cheese and 2 AK-47. Now I had issues with the 2 Bubba Kush seeds for some weird reason but the rest are up and at em! My methods for germinating consists of throwing whatever seeds in a glass or two or three of water ( You gotta keep em seperated ) to keep track if your running multiple strains. With these seeds from TNSB, they all ( even the Bubba Kush) popped within 12 hrs of putting them in the water, but I kept them in the water for about 18 hrs. I also covered the top of the glass because they say the seeds like the dark to germinate, oh and kept the temp up around 80. Then after 18 hrs or less I then moved them to YE OLL Papertowel, soaked then wrung out. I then gently placed the popped seed s into the moistened paper towel and samaged the seed in the middle. Because I was doing multiple seeds I drew a 1 " circle for each diffrent seed and initialed it to know what's what. Then i placed the the paper towel w/babies nicely tucked in and place the packet into a ziplock bag that I fill with me co2 rich breath and seal it up. I then place the bag on top of my nice warm light platform (they say the seeds like the warmth to initiate growth, like 80 degrees) and cover it up to stop the light. Seeds don t need light until the are popping through the dirt, warmth and humidity are key to success and that's why I find the ziplock bags work so well. Creates its own little "BioDome" .... Worste movie ever! Hahaha. So by the morning, after doing this the night before, I had 1/2 to 3/4 " tap roots, ready for dirt! I used those small jiffy pots with soil, placed the seed in a 1/2 deep hole then covered. Two days later they were poking their heads out of the soil! I would put those ziplock bags over each jiffy pot at night just to help with drying out and I found it keeps a beautiful atmosphere for those jiffy pots!
image3320.jpeg
image3321.jpeg

This is a pic of that ziplock bag with the paper towel and seeds all covered up.
image3322.jpeg

This is what those Bubba Kush seeds looked like after they popped, kinda a weird shape, bit of a twist to the seed.
image3323.jpeg

You know I m not sure about this whole elaborate process for germination... To be honest with y all, this round of seeds is the first time I ve tried all this and I m really not having the luck I thought I would....... I chatted with my bud about my "shit show" lately and he figures I m over thinking it! I totally agree, that's why I m just gonna throw some seeds in soil with jiffy pots, water then mist the top to keep moist! There may be a seed issue here too, I ll keep y all posted on what these last two seeds do.

Back
Top Bottom