Rookie Start At A Perpetual Garden

Pull up a seat buddy and let's enjoy this process all together!:thumb:your so right about everyone being super supportive here esp our boi Pigeons, he s such a posative force!:Namaste: I m still such a rookie at this so don't hesitate to throw out any advise you may have on any topic, grow on duder!!

As far as germination goes all i do is take a paper towel wet it with warm water put my seed on it fold the paper towel over then stick in a ziploc bag put it in a warm place and forget about it for a few days.

Nah i close the ziploc bag put it in a warm dark place like the laundry room and forget about it for a few days haven't lost a seed yet.

You close the germ bag? I keep it open but I mist the bag abut 2-3 times a day depending on what it looks like when I check them.

Nah i close the ziploc bag put it in a warm dark place like the laundry room and forget about it for a few days haven't lost a seed yet.

Yea I ve got my ziplock closed too but I breath into it to puff it up with Nasty smells CO2 then cover it up too..... I like the temp you get in it, but I ve also lost a few seed these last couple days:rip::bitingnails::scratchinghead:.... Just don't know any more boys, I m super happy for you guys though:thumb:

Welp, here's a little update on what's been shake n in The O ll Ganja garden. This is the one and lonely Jabba s Stash in week 5 of flower.
image34981.jpg
image3580.jpeg

Now to the odd and reanimated "Clone From Hell" , this thinks seen the worste of the worste and is still hanging on!
image3579.jpeg
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image3579.jpeg[/
I ll rename this this girl for her ZombieWeed she s gonna throw off! Hahaha

The whole perpetual garden thing is looking harder and harder every day, can't seem to shake that monkey off my back.... Lost another seed today but I m pretty sure I burnt this one up by accident. So down to one AK 47, a sickly zombie clone, a freshly germinated Cheese fem and a stubborn AK auto that's still napping in the paper towel...... Eww the learning curve over here is pretty sharp ladies and gents! [img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image3578.jpeg

I also took some pic s of the nutrient schedule I m using, only about 2/3 of what they show here
image3581.jpeg

And here s the new one I d like to switch to for the next grow, an organic all in one kinda line. This Medi One is suppose to be the tits when it comes to a low maintanance nutrient line! https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image3577.jpeg[/

I hope you guys enjoy this half assed update, not a lot to jump up and down about until I dial this perpetual thing in. Feeling a little dry and craving some knowledge for my brain hole!:passitleft::Namaste::lot-o-toke::oops::nomo:

Hi Bearded Budz. Killer journal man. Read through it late last night and had to go through it again today. I was blown away by your scrog bed; that's a first for me. Had my mind working all night. Seems like a perfect match to 8' fluors; ingenious. I grow in soil and use 5 gal buckets with a few holes drilled in the bottom. If I had a scrog bed I think I'd just cut the stem at soil level when it was harvest time and just flip the whole shebang over to dry. So I would go with the PCV pipe frame and let it sit on 2x4's fastened to the 3 walls if possible like a shelf. How many shelves ??? I'm blown away just thinking about that scrog bed. I think I'd have a pillow underneath with her on top; say no more. LOL

When it comes to sprouting seeds I guess I'm from the old school that 10 thousand year school. I put them in a moist soil in a small 1.5" pot. I like the stuff that's sold as 'germinating soil'. Presently I'm using Miracle Grow which could have a little bit more perlite. It has virtually no ferts or nutes so once the soil starts drying out I like to add some diluted ferts/nutes. I find this early stage the trickiest. It's easy to waterlog when watering which i did recently with one. I don't cover the soil to keep the soil moist. Rather I mist the soil top if it looks dry. After 2 sets of true leaves I transplant into my potting soil and we're off to the races. The thing that makes this stuff work for me is to place it on a heating pad and keep it in a warm room. Heat is the secret for starting roots as far as I'm concerned. The heating pads sold for seedlings seem to have the right temp and are waterproof. For cloning I use a 50/50 mixture of perlite/vermiculite and bottom heat in a warm place. This is my method that works for me; may not work for anybody else.

Killer journal. That scrog bed. Whew. Keep doing what you're doing BB because it's working. I'll check back for further adventures.

That Jabbas Stash is one beautiful plant, man. Perpetual seems really hard to pull off, but I love that you're not giving up!

What!?! Glimmer is here too!! This place is going to be such a great party place!

Hi Bearded Budz. Killer journal man. Read through it late last night and had to go through it again today. I was blown away by your scrog bed; that's a first for me. Had my mind working all night. Seems like a perfect match to 8' fluors; ingenious. I grow in soil and use 5 gal buckets with a few holes drilled in the bottom. If I had a scrog bed I think I'd just cut the stem at soil level when it was harvest time and just flip the whole shebang over to dry. So I would go with the PCV pipe frame and let it sit on 2x4's fastened to the 3 walls if possible like a shelf. How many shelves ??? I'm blown away just thinking about that scrog bed. I think I'd have a pillow underneath with her on top; say no more. LOL

When it comes to sprouting seeds I guess I'm from the old school that 10 thousand year school. I put them in a moist soil in a small 1.5" pot. I like the stuff that's sold as 'germinating soil'. Presently I'm using Miracle Grow which could have a little bit more perlite. It has virtually no ferts or nutes so once the soil starts drying out I like to add some diluted ferts/nutes. I find this early stage the trickiest. It's easy to waterlog when watering which i did recently with one. I don't cover the soil to keep the soil moist. Rather I mist the soil top if it looks dry. After 2 sets of true leaves I transplant into my potting soil and we're off to the races. The thing that makes this stuff work for me is to place it on a heating pad and keep it in a warm room. Heat is the secret for starting roots as far as I'm concerned. The heating pads sold for seedlings seem to have the right temp and are waterproof. For cloning I use a 50/50 mixture of perlite/vermiculite and bottom heat in a warm place. This is my method that works for me; may not work for anybody else.

Killer journal. That scrog bed. Whew. Keep doing what you're doing BB because it's working. I'll check back for further adventures.

Wow thanks so much for the Pat on the Back buddy, love it! Yea man my only issue would be to just run fems so you can get em in the scrog as soon as possible. I vegged those two for like 9 or 10 weeks (I know ehh, super super cropping lol) and quit tying and weaving after about week 5 of flower, which might have been a little longer then It should have before I quit messing with em. Plus I didn't know about cleaning up the undergrowth, another epic mistake, which would have just made things better! I was so lucky to have been advised about the scrog method, it s probably the only thing I DID do right, hahaha. That scrog was 3 ' deep and 6' across and two mirrical grow fed plants filled it quite nicely! The bracing I used to tie too was just some 3/4 " doweling with holes drilled every 2". So 2 doweling pieces at 3' and 2 at 6' then I had to brace the ends of the front brace and one piece of doweling ( no holes in it) for a centre brace so the front was supported from collapsing. I just used that strapping with the holes in it to fasten things to the wall. I totally love the pvc idea though, much more ridged and clean!
Thanks a lot for the advise on seeds, I m gonna incorporate these techniques for sure man, it correlates with everything I ve ever read and I accident prone mofo like myself I need all the help I can get! Hahaha, unlike ma boi Pigeons who just chucks a hand full of seeds in some dirt and spits on em and they grow like freekn monsters, I just can't see my luck getting away with that. Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom