Today in Das Schloss

Megacrop 7g/gallon
Vpd = 22 degrees C / 60 % Rh
Light is drawing 90 watts

The clones are doing well and even the unwilling mutant is starting to hook up. That lil underachiever is the only thing holding me back from quading at the moment. Id like to let it catch up to the rest of the tent before I do. The Black Sugar clone in the middle is showing pre flower hairs and is chomping at the bit.

The next update will be quading and unsleeving.

Stay funky Bros!
Looks great as usual.
Hope you are doing well Baron.
Stay safe.
Bill

Looks great as usual.
Hope you are doing well Baron.
Stay safe.
Bill
Thanks Bill!

Ive been coaxing Galactic forces for you the past 3-4 months. I hope its made a difference.

I went ahead and quad'd everything today and gave a solid feeding at 7.5g/gallon of MC and bumped the light to 95 watts. The Girl Scout Cookies definitely can take the higher nutes.

I have a theory that ever since I have gotten the light I am using right now, that it is extremely powerful in my little 3.25 x 3.25 and really sucks the Calcium out of my grows. This subsequently has made my leaves look horrible while still providing solid bud. I know that @Rexer runs the same light as me and invite you to comment if you find that too.

The way I found to combat this was to almost double my dosing of nutes. I found that it noticeably worked. So this go around I am going with lower light wattage and higher nute dosage. Hoping to find the sweet spot in there somewhere.

Stay funky Bros!

Thanks Bill!

Ive been coaxing Galactic forces for you the past 3-4 months. I hope its made a difference.
Ah so your the one.
Thanks for the support. :love:
Stay safe.
Bill

Wow! So you are running 7.5 grams per gallon of the all in one MC. I do agree the GSC can take a ton of MC but my other plants seem to be still way lower in dose.

I re read your post and understand why you upped dose for the calcium. I use MC and can say I have always supplemented with Calmag. When I stopped, my cherry pie strain completely went terrible on leaves but the buds look great. That was a different light but high power for sure and like you say, sucked the calcium out.

Sounds like a medical procedure if I ever heard one. :eek:
All the kids are doing it.

Sounds like a medical procedure if I ever heard one. :eek:

Where's the unsleeving? I stopped by for the unsleeving!
Umm..ah...quick look!
There goes Yoko Ono on a motor scooter!

Never. I read about it here, now I have to put the pieces together and have a go. Bottom two nodes go right? Save the next two up, then top there and train out to pot size?

Its a little sloppier with clones due to the asymmetrical stem growth....but yes, in a nutshell thats it. I also pay close attention to pinching off any other shoots that grow on the 4 stems you keep. I want 4 nice clean top growth only stems before I flip to flower. The hand grenades usually follow in 9 weeks, and your trimming will be significantly easier and less tedious.

Dutchie did it so well, Thanks!

A Canadian/Dutch treasure he was......and is.

Wow! So you are running 7.5 grams per gallon of the all in one MC. I do agree the GSC can take a ton of MC but my other plants seem to be still way lower in dose.

I re read your post and understand why you upped dose for the calcium. I use MC and can say I have always supplemented with Calmag. When I stopped, my cherry pie strain completely went terrible on leaves but the buds look great. That was a different light but high power for sure and like you say, sucked the calcium out.

I havent been giving that dose to the solo Black Sugar. More like 5g/gallon for that one, cuz yeah, it would be heavy for it. However, in the past grow, I found the GSC's can take it...in fact, need it. Im learning that my light, be it the spectrum, or the intensity, just really makes my plants thirst for Calcium. Even in veg and especially in flower.

Hmmm, you have me thinking about that! I bet those cola grenades are Vorgesetzter!
A grower of your calibre? I have no doubt that you will smash it and see some of the most biggest buds you've ever grown...just not as many. What I want to see and watch, is will it change your way of cultivating?

Until then......:reading420magazine:

A grower of your calibre? I have no doubt that you will smash it and see some of the most biggest buds you've ever grown...just not as many. What I want to see and watch, is will it change your way of cultivating?

Until then......:reading420magazine:
You're tickling my interest Baron! My reason originally was to grow 4 plants in the 40 inch square tent, not a very large space but doable. Thought the method may buy the right for the space. Now you're talking just 4 yet larger colas and I'm feeling reassured. Sounds like fun! Strong possibility! Thanks!
I like big buds and I can not lie!:theband:

Ohne Ärmel in Das Schloss

Megacrop 8g/gallon and homemade CalMag
Light is drawing 112 watts

Today I am upcanning to the final pots. They will be flipped to flower in either 1 week or 2 depending on how the smaller plants catch up to the bigger plants. They will be fed a healthy dose of 8g/gallon of MC with the exception of this one which is already showing a calcium deficiency that has been plaguing me for a while now with this strain.

Its funny how the rest are fine yet this one looks like it wants to challenge me throughout the grow. It will get 10g/gallon and I'll be monitoring it from that.

When I quad, I only want the 4 main stems and nothing else to side shoot off of them. I will pinch anything like this off that grows between the nodes until 2 weeks into flower. Then it will be hands off and let the plant do its thing.

I have some trepidation about these high doses...either I got it right or I got it crispy.

Stay funky Bros!

Today in Das Schloss

Light is drawing 124 watts

Its been exactly a week since these got transplanted into their final 3 gallon pot homes. I can honestly say that they never skipped a beat in the process and showed no signs of stalling out. Not even slightly. I think they will veg another week. Most of them are at the perfect spot I like to flip at. Theres 1 or 2 stunties that are holding the flip back.

Nute watch:
There is zero indication of the plants tipping due to the high feedings I have been giving them, even the Black Sugar is liking what the GSC are getting. Also there is zero indication of Calcium deff which my light seems to suck out extra hard. The 10g/gallon dose for the one challeging plant has corrected itself as well. More creedence to the fact that this strain likes a higher dose imo. That being said, ones photon source also has some sway in this discussion.

It appears I have found Nute and Lightvanna for them.....what a relief! Things look exceptionally healthy with them and am pleased thus far.

Also, the announcement of the launch of my exciting new product here.

Stay funky Bros!

Today in Das Schloss

Flower day 0

Light is drawing 138 watts

All my pre preparations have been checked off on the flip to flower.
  • All the plants received their water/nuteing.
  • Most of the bindings have been released.
  • All sprouts have been pinched (I borked a top on the Black Sugar :().
  • Lighting will now receive a bump every 3 days up to 170 watts to make up the 33 percent hour on time loss.
The next water/nuteing will be at 9g/gallon.
I will continue to pinch sprouts for the next 2 weeks.

Stay funky Bros!

Today in Das Schloss

Flower day 0

Light is drawing 138 watts

All my pre preparations have been checked off on the flip to flower.
  • All the plants received their water/nuteing.
  • Most of the bindings have been released.
  • All sprouts have been pinched (I borked a top on the Black Sugar :().
  • Lighting will now receive a bump every 3 days up to 170 watts to make up the 33 percent hour on time loss.
The next water/nuteing will be at 9g/gallon.
I will continue to pinch sprouts for the next 2 weeks.

Stay funky Bros!
Looks perfect Baron.
I noticed your not using your custom pots on this run.
Something new?
Stay safe.
Bill

Looks perfect Baron.
I noticed your not using your custom pots on this run.
Something new?
Stay safe.
Bill
If I really want to veg something out like mainlining a plant, I will use Baron Von Blurple's Rekto pots® with Speed Gill Technology®. But if I know Im going to run a quick veg from clone and bang out some quads, then Ill try and stuff the tent with smaller pots and more of them.

Ideally I am shooting for 9 of the smaller pots, as it fits perfect. But 2 of my Black Sugar clones didnt make it. I honestly prefer this way and feel one doesnt really need more than 3 gallon pots.

The short answer is...depends on how long the veg.

Back
Top Bottom