Today in Das Hinterhof

It was time to top this backyard beauty and take a few clippings while im at it. Even with a mondo large plant that I could take some big healthy clones from, I still take lil sprigs .....cuz thats how I roll.

Not much longer until it triggers.....pollen or flower...we shall see.

Stay funky Bros!

Today in Das Hinterhof

The solitary unknown Black Sugar continues on as Summer sprints to to the end. Still feeding a healthy diet of Miracle Gro Bloom and homemade CalMag. The cuttings I took 10 days ago still have no roots, thats probably because I have them outside in the shed and not in Das Schloss under a heat mat. The cool evenings are slowing that propogation down.

Soon, I shall unveil the next grow....something you've all forgotten about.

Stay funky Bros!

Today in Das Hinterhof

The perpetual journal has been a bit neglected as of late due to my commitment to the ever fabulous Girl Scout Cookies comparative grow that is now winding down and in its final days. While that has been going on, I have been busy preparing for my next grow.

Back some time in June I made some clones of the current Girl Scout Cookies, if you cant remember them thats ok...I smoke too. So let me refresh your memory. Anyways, those grew up and I took 3 clones each of of the 2 most robust phenos from those....stay with me now, these are clones of the clones.

Now....while your thinking about those, think about this.

I also a ways back, took some clones from the bagseed I grew outside here. 1 of those 3 has sprouted roots last week while the other 2 still have no sign of roots. Ive lost track of the weeks its been, but because they were outside in the shed, they were not in optimal rooting conditons....they are now.

Those clones from the mighty Black Sugar bagseed were taken just in case it turned out to be a female.

Guess what?

So this was NOT a case of being all Preparation and no H.

And this leads us to the now. It's also at this time where one wonders........

Do you even Club Tray?

Stay funky Bros!

Today in Das Hinterhof

Starting to get a little chilly in the nights now for the Mighty Black Sugar Bagseed. Its slow growing due to the coolish temps and diminishing photons. You can see the frostbite on the tops. Tonight I will have to cart it into the shed...I just wont be home to pull it back out until after work....so....more handicapping!

Mixed news in the clonage dept. Looks like roots are starting to show on the Girl Scout Cookies, however, on the flip side, the other 2 small Black Sugars are hitting the Schmidt house. Doubtful they will take.

Stay funky Bros!

I have one of these that I bought for $10 in upstate NY back in the late 70s for no reason at all. I have schlepped it to every place I've lived, including 3000 miles to Los Angeles. If you'll pay for shipping I can lend it to you for the winter:
full

It's called a smudge pot.

I have one of these that I bought for $10 in upstate NY back in the late 70s for no reason at all. I have schlepped it to every place I've lived, including 3000 miles to Los Angeles. If you'll pay for shipping I can lend it to you for the winter:
full

It's called a smudge pot.
A most interesting solution to say the least. That being said, I dont need to attract the Fire Dept. that hard.

You seriously had intentions of using it?

Not at all! At one point I screwed a bulb in the cover and ran a wire down and out the kerosene tank to make it an ugly college apartment lamp. :) It's been sitting down the side of my house for 23 years now and I can't bear the thought of getting rid of it. Weird huh?
Have you ever lit it?

Back to the perpetual......

Having finished up the Girl Scout Cookies comparative, I now focus on my next grow, which coincidentally, is another round of Girl Scout Cookies.

This time I take the lessons I learned from the first grow and pass that along to the next. I will be heading back to the tried and tested MegaCrop for nutes again. It just really fits my style of growing and tending to them. Im also most comfortable with it.

Jumping into it with some clones that Ive lost track of how old they are (4 weeksish) . The little mutant one really took its time hooking up, but the rest are doing well.

There is also a Black Sugar clone at the bullseye of the tent.

It as at this point, one wonders......Do you even sleeve??

The unwilling little mutant.

Stay funky Bros!

Today in Das Schloss

Megacrop 7g/gallon
Vpd = 22 degrees C / 60 % Rh
Light is drawing 90 watts

The clones are doing well and even the unwilling mutant is starting to hook up. That lil underachiever is the only thing holding me back from quading at the moment. Id like to let it catch up to the rest of the tent before I do. The Black Sugar clone in the middle is showing pre flower hairs and is chomping at the bit.

The next update will be quading and unsleeving.

Stay funky Bros!

Fantastisch Barron! I'm interested in your quadlining! Going for four this grow for my virgin run.
What?!!
You mean you've never run straight 4s be4?

Back
Top Bottom