Nothing like pre preparation to get off off on the right foot! Does your sphere of quadulation need to be charged during a full moon?
No, it works off the ion exchange in the medium. As long as you are nuteing, you are quadulating.

Nd9GcQdojrFz-1xuzlCfEVJlJ0MB1nD3gFJMhmiPg&usqp=CAU.jpg

Today in Das Schloss

Flower day 0

Megacrop 8g/gallon and homemade CalMag
Vpd = 22 degrees C / 60 % Rh
Light is drawing 138 watts

All my pre preparations have been checked off on the flip to flower.
  • All the plants received their water/nuteing.
  • Most of the bindings have been released.
  • All sprouts have been pinched (I borked a top on the Black Sugar :().
  • Lighting will now receive a bump every 3 days up to 170 watts to make up the 33 percent hour on time loss.
The next water/nuteing will be at 9g/gallon.
I will continue to pinch sprouts for the next 2 weeks.

Stay funky Bros!
Wow! You're flipped already! Conquadulations! That's it, I'm checking mine and giving them a flip as soon as the holiday calms down! Thanks Barron!

Hey Baron!

I've been meaning to browse through and do some reading of your journal, for too long now.

Then I saw this :eek: :eek:
I have a theory that ever since I have gotten the light I am using right now, that it is extremely powerful in my little 3.25 x 3.25 and really sucks the Calcium out of my grows. This subsequently has made my leaves look horrible while still providing solid bud. I know that @Rexer runs the same light as me and invite you to comment if you find that too.

The way I found to combat this was to almost double my dosing of nutes. I found that it noticeably worked. So this go around I am going with lower light wattage and higher nute dosage. Hoping to find the sweet spot in there somewhere.

And I can't say why, or how, I missed that tag. Truly sorry Baron.
Yeah I had a really hard time when I first used that light to get a handle on the amount of cal mag that they were burning through. I also had a really hard time not frying them to get the light cranked full tilt.

Love your sphere of quadulation

Wow! You're flipped already! Conquadulations! That's it, I'm checking mine and giving them a flip as soon as the holiday calms down! Thanks Barron!
Drive a couple turkey buns in ya and make mit ze flippink!

Hey Baron!

I've been meaning to browse through and do some reading of your journal, for too long now.

Then I saw this :eek: :eek:

And I can't say why, or how, I missed that tag. Truly sorry Baron.
Yeah I had a really hard time when I first used that light to get a handle on the amount of cal mag that they were burning through. I also had a really hard time not frying them to get the light cranked full tilt.

Love your sphere of quadulation
No need to apologize, Im glad you wandered in here on your own, and even more glad you caught the tag! Having to spread the love around is a full time job....As you well know, there are members out there that excel in niceness, information and general thread thoughtfullness, I honestly dont know how they find the time.

The Baron recognizes your contributions!

If I went full tilt with this light in my lil 3.25 x 3.25, things would go Fukushima reactor 3 on me!

Also, Baron Von Blurple's Quadulating Grow Balls® will get a feature grow for them next.

Happy Thursday Baron, to you and the whole quadulating crew!

:welldone:
And a very fond Happy Thanksgiving Thursday to you too! If you didnt know it folks, Shed and Stoneotter is one of those people I was talking about.. but dont tell them.

Today in Das Schloss

Flower day 8

Megacrop 9g/gallon and homemade CalMag
Light is drawing 150 watts

This round of Girl Scout Cookies is looking miles better than my first round. Everything is a real nice color, and still, no signs of pulling out of the older lower fans. All the plants needs are being met.
  • Slow, incremental, upping of the voltage of the light continues.
  • Pinching off of the new growth sideshoots continues.
  • Having one on none sessions with the vape continues.
Some pudding for the proof.

Stay funky Bros!

Today in Das Schloss

Flower day 15

Megacrop 9g/gallon and homemade CalMag
Light is drawing 172 watts

Theres really nothing else to do but sit back and ride it out from here. I think for most people, this is the most enjoyable part of the grow.

Watch the stacking and all you have to do is keep them moist....thats what the vape is telling me :straightface: .

Stay funky Bros!

Real nice Barron! They grow nuts with this method! I have no pics today but soon I will.
Pics or it never happened.

They're looking great! I have a question though:
Why do you keep your lights up that high? Couldn't you save a lot of money on the electric bill by running them much closer in at a lower wattage? It's not like you have to worry about penetration at this stage since they're not tall plants.

Forgive me if I've asked this before. :)
Good question Shed.....

• Im lazy
  • Even at 170 watts, im astounded that its that low for flower.
  • I like the spread to the corners better with height.
  • 6.8 cents per kilowatt hour is what I pay.
  • Bottom line is, Its easier to turn up the watts then to get four individual wratchet hangers level.

The last few grows I have had trouble dialing this light in... a lot of leaf damage due to pushing too hard. Im finally on the other side now.

:thedoubletake: Wowza. I don’t think I’ve seen plants take 9g per gallon of MC before!

Ummmmm….Pumpkin Pie for breakfast . One of my favorite things. :cheesygrinsmiley::love:
Yeah, its high. But I knew from the previous GSC comp that these would not only take it, but require it.

I foresee going to 10 mid flower. Im also going to continue bumping up the watts until I see something that says back off.

Today in Das Schloss

Flower day 22

Megacrop 10g/gallon and homemade CalMag
Vpd = 23 degrees C / 55 % Rh
Light is drawing 167 watts

Its been a big week of stretch for this batch. They have been working hard and because of that have become imbalanced. As is usual for me in the 3rd week of flower, I am now starting to see some rusting in the veins and a few of the lowers are getting pulled on. At one point I had the light up to 180 watts, but because of the deficiencies im seeing, I backed it back down to 167 watts.

Im guessing with these heavy doses, Im getting lockout. So for one of the plants I did a 1 gallon rinse/reset to see how it reacts to it. I really dont like to rinse/reset as the plant ends up looking worse when I do. Keep your eyes on the 9 o'clock plant and we shall see.

I really thought this time I had it dialed in. [/FACEPALMHEADSHAKE]

I would like to point out though, there is still no sign of tipping.

Stay funky Bros!

Back
Top Bottom