SciFi's Bunkrupt Durban X ? Hybrid, First Grow Ever 2010

YAAAAAAAAAAY! I sexed them and they're girrrrls! I got two girrrls!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::yummy::yummy:

:peace:

I took several clones from both plants and put them in my ghetto bubbler and set a 30W CFL veg bulb with them.

Now that I know they're females, I want to hookup one of these 400W MH, for a week or so. :)

Thanks everyone for giving me the karma to pull two beutiful ladies.

congrats! Considering there is a ? in the strain my $.02 on the situation is that if you let them late flower you are going to get seeds! check the branch-node calyxes 1/2 way through for early forming seed and remove the seed forming calyx. I think that the seeds will be female if they show up because generally a ? cross would include multiple female plants (males were removed) which resulted in seeds. Either way it will be a good smoke and a good plant and any seeds that come from 2 females are going to be female and most likely produce more seed at some point. problem being when plant begins to produce seed it ceases to produce resin, resulting in weaker, less mature smoke as the energy is diverted and the resin head's size is compromised.

personally I have seen that regular seeds are more rigorous and heartier than feminized despite having male count they will produce stronger plants in general. the cost difference makes it so feminized will procure more females per dollar but the potential for seeds is more likely on the genetic boundaries. seems to me like a general feminized seed crossed with a male plant would produce a male or a herm prone female but then again I suppose the chromasomes may not work out that way. What can I say I'm no geneticist.

Well... It's not that it's an unknown cross.. The unknown parent got taken to the breeder's grave. This was the tail end of a season ago's mother and he always used an outdoor mother, for clones, then pollinated her when he was done, and harvested her, for his personal. Then he'd just save the seeds as he smoked, for the next cross/batch of mothers.
So.. it is a purposely seeded bag-seed, from a crop that was absolutely mind fucking sensi..

:rolleyes3 God bless you, man.. I hope you're up there growing tree's in the sky. We all miss you. :rolleyes3

XY + XX = XY/XX 50/50. The only way you'd get anything different (other then chemically altering the seeds) then 50/50 would be if you introduced a super male.. YY, and I'm not sure those exist in flowers.

I would think you'd have better chances of hermies from femmed seeds, since you're mutating it from XY to XX.

I suppose if you did get your hands on a YY and crossed it with an XX you'd get all XY male seeds.

.... Okay so I'm a armchair geneticist too.

BTW... I'm feeding them 15-10-5ml's of GH's flora nuets everyday. I'm really suprised as a few people said not to feed them every day but every other with plain water alternating. :|

Did some re-wiring, made another ghetto hood and got the 400W MH hooked up in the bankrupt cab. Looking good so far. Call me paranoid.. but I'm sleeping next to it tonight with a fire extinguisher within arms reach.

And.. I'm really over the odor control. I've got an ona bucket, a carbon filter (both DIY) and a room carbon bucket from the left over I had, and I can still smell it flat out when I walk in the door and I'm not even flowering yet!

The trunk on these ladies are bigger around then my thumb but they're still only about fourteen to fifteen inches tall. I'm contemplating if I should flip them to flower when my clones sprout roots or letting them go another week.

Day two for the clones.. Hoping day five or six and I'll have roots in the bubbler. The water is staying fairly cold in it and there's plenty of bubbles going.

The trunk on these ladies are bigger around then my thumb but they're still only about fourteen to fifteen inches tall. I'm contemplating if I should flip them to flower when my clones sprout roots or letting them go another week.

Day two for the clones.. Hoping day five or six and I'll have roots in the bubbler. The water is staying fairly cold in it and there's plenty of bubbles going.

Good stuff brother SciFi! :thumb:

nah you aren't gonna get roots in 6 days. maybe within 10-14 if u did it right... I'd change the water every couple of days to make sure you don't grow diseases.

built and cloned with bubble cloners a few times.. using the rest of my RW right now and then going back to bubble cloning...

The cut ends of all my clones are turning brown.. What's that all about? :| The grrrrls are loving 400W MH and they are certainly getting much larger.

I've seen conflicting reports on both.. some say in, some say out, but in is definitely not going well. I started another clone in the soilless.. We'll see if that works better. I really wanted to build a DWC or an ebb and flow table, but we'll see how this goes.

I raised the roots, so they're just getting misted by the bubbles now, and put a dome on top of then to try to limit transpiration. No roots thou.. I'm really tempted to try some of those little jiffy pots under the dome too.. :| The ladies are getting big and stretching now, I really want to flip them over to flowering, but I have to be certain I can take a clone first. :|

Grrrr... There's still no fucking roots on the clones. And the ladies are not doing well.
They've stretched all to hell, and the bottom growth on the plants is, underdeveloped and and very light green. I'll take some pics. I think I'm going to head to Wallyworld and look for some other cloning stuff since I can't find anything on this Hormex #9 and how to use it properly.

:|

YOUR MOM! Hah.. Just kidding. Nice.. A month huh? Hmm. I've seen some people say they dialed in the bubble cloners rather fast. I seperated the ladies by building another ghettotastic $12 cab. I made it from 6mm plastic,a staple gun, and some blueberry at 3AM. The larger one is looking quite a lot better now. The small one I've pushed the ghetto cab, with another water farm seedling, the clones and I'm holding it around 52% humidity and ~77F. I'm going to wire up a 400W MH in there too, but I've got a few 1600L CFLs for now.

Well.. The two 400Ws worked okay but they got too damned hot for me to keep using.. And the little plant sprang balls. :| Had to pull that fucker. The large lady is starting to flower nicely, and about 3 days into it she had crystals showing up already on the top bud. *JOY*

I finally got a clone to take and started a few more seeds again too, so hopefully I can get a good rotation underway.

Sooooo.. It's been a while. When the one of the two females grew balls and was ditched weeks ago. The big lady started flowering so I took some cutting off her and put them into a DWC bubble tub with 3 seeds. The seeds took off and the cutting finally rooted.. About 4 weeks into it. The other side plant that was in the waterfarm bucket showed it was a girl about the same time so I pulled her out and put her back into veg, and she's getting bigger now. :)

And holy shit has the big lady got some nice looking crystals on her.

P10100014.JPG

P10100022.JPG

P10100032.JPG

P10100043.JPG

P10100055.JPG

P10100063.JPG

P10100093.JPG

P10100102.JPG

P10100114.JPG

P10100122.JPG

P10100131.JPG

P10100142.JPG