Scrumpdilly's First Time Grow - AK48 & White Widow Autoflower

Autos wont need to be switched to 12/12. You can keep them on your current light schedule the whole way through.
I've read a lot about doing it both ways, so I want to see what experiences I could hear from people who have completed an auto grow using either method. I know the auto is just going to start flowering at some point either way.

Well I got a little overzealous with the watering when I got home from camping and accidentally gave each girl about an ounce too much. That was yesterday morning and they're pretty much recovered at this point but I will make sure not to do that again. Not getting any water for at least the next 24 hours. Live and learn...Anyway, here they are
AK48
420-magazine-mobile1283798941.jpg

White Widow
420-magazine-mobile2061488962.jpg

Lol I feel your pain man, since I'm commenting, your babes look good!

I like cats. I don't really care about naming the plants, but I think I'll name the white widow in memory of my cat Bender, seeing as how I already had to bend her twice. As for the AK48, I think I'll go with Smalls because she is killing me.

Anyway. I was really upset at myself for overwatering. Like after everything I've read, still did it.

I Did exactly the same a few days ago. That feels so Damn bad. Everyone tells you not to overwater... and Yes I Did it to.. but Hey that is How we learn so keep your head Up and your plants a little dryer.

So I noticed that both girls are already working on tiny 3rd leaves so I watered the 5 gallon pots last night and was thinking about transplanting when the lights go off tonight. Any advice anyone?

Well I just put the girls in their big girl pants. Humidity running rampant. It goes up a lot when I water...Root system was looking great so hopefully they're digging down and won't get too stressed. I'm afraid to see them in the morning....

Smalls (AK48)
420-magazine-mobile1451614603.jpg

Bender (white widow)
420-magazine-mobile814778194.jpg

420-magazine-mobile212403328.jpg

You'll need to be more careful not to overwater now you're in bigger pots. The girls look happy so far.
Yeah. I wouldn't call the soil moist or even damp. Just that a inch down it's definitely darker and wetter than what's on top. I think ill wait and see what the soil is feeling like tomorrow. Even though they're in a big pot, they should still only be getting a small amount of water, right?

Well soil was dry enough to warrant a couple oz. of water for each girl. Bender (white widow) seems to be at home in her new pot and is stretching for the "sun". Smalls (AK48) isn't droopy, but she's not stretching like Bender

Smalls (AK48)
420-magazine-mobile1869553469.jpg

Bender (white widow)
420-magazine-mobile1130569241.jpg

I've read a lot about doing it both ways, so I want to see what experiences I could hear from people who have completed an auto grow using either method. I know the auto is just going to start flowering at some point either way.

I ran my auto's 24hr on, for about the first week, then flipped directly to 18\6, then actually back up a little to 19\5 (I had my side lighting on 18\6 but my main light on 19\5.. I was trying to mimic dawn\dusk a little - tip - don't bother).
Whatever you have an auto on it'll use, however 12/12 is likely to reduce your yield but they'll grow on schedule pretty much no matter what lighting you throw at them, I do suggest not going 24\0 though, a little break of even 3-4hours can be quite helpful for the plant.

On the over watering a tad... don't sweat it, most important is that you were aware of it and not doing it repeatedly.

I ran my auto's 24hr on, for about the first week, then flipped directly to 18\6, then actually back up a little to 19\5 (I had my side lighting on 18\6 but my main light on 19\5.. I was trying to mimic dawn\dusk a little - tip - don't bother).
Whatever you have an auto on it'll use, however 12/12 is likely to reduce your yield but they'll grow on schedule pretty much no matter what lighting you throw at them, I do suggest not going 24\0 though, a little break of even 3-4hours can be quite helpful for the plant.

On the over watering a tad... don't sweat it, most important is that you were aware of it and not doing it repeatedly.
Yeah I'm going to go 18/6 all the way.

Yeah. I wouldn't call the soil moist or even damp. Just that a inch down it's definitely darker and wetter than what's on top. I think ill wait and see what the soil is feeling like tomorrow. Even though they're in a big pot, they should still only be getting a small amount of water, right?

I would tell you that it depends on what method your going to use for watering the pots. Ie if your just going to give her what you think she needs at any given point in time..and maybe do that more often, or if your gonna water the whole pot to runoff a let her go longer between watering. Yup to you. Outside the first 15 days I went with the drench it all to a little run off and wait 5-7 days method to let the whole thing dry. That said, yes they still don't need much water after being placed into the 5g's - but try to water just along the edges of the pot so that after the couple days around transplant they start stretching toward the rims and bottom looking for water. /2cents

I would tell you that it depends on what method your going to use for watering the pots. Ie if your just going to give her what you think she needs at any given point in time..and maybe do that more often, or if your gonna water the whole pot to runoff a let her go longer between watering. Yup to you. Outside the first 15 days I went with the drench it all to a little run off and wait 5-7 days method to let the whole thing dry. That said, yes they still don't need much water after being placed into the 5g's - but try to water just along the edges of the pot so that after the couple days around transplant they start stretching toward the rims and bottom looking for water. /2cents
thanks! I was thinking once they got a little bigger I would go with the drench method. I'm 10 days from seed right now and I think it might be a while before I will drench them, but who knows what they'll look like in 5 days?

Back
Top Bottom