Second Canna Soil Grow - Auto Skunk 1 Sensei Seeds - 600W HPS - 1.2mx1.2mx2m Tent

th3tal3nt

Posted this on another forum but its so slow for any feedback...

...firstly hello every one and any one that can offer me sound advice. I have just ordered 10 super skunk number 1 autos and after reading the reviews im bloody well excited i must say. This will be my second grow, in a tent (1.2mx1.2mx2m) under 1x 600w hps light using canna coco and a&b nutrients in 3 gallon pots.
My first grow was so disappointing, i got my seeds from a market stall, 10x Pot Of Gold, 10x White Rhino, and a free pack of 10x Big Buddha (all phenos). All of the POG turned out male (WAS WHAT I MOST WANTED), and I ended up with 2 female WR AND 2 female BB.
They all started off so well, looked real real healthy during veg but it just went terrible after week two of flower. It all foxtailed, one grew mouldy, all had no trichomes and no buzz after smoking also a few bannanas and a SHED LOAD of seeds. (no photos of grow but i have some kicking about in a jar and ill post photos to show you what i mean before i throw it all away). I also used black molasses in between using a&b nutrients. Harvested 7 OZ of the purest green sh**e. These were the issues i faced and how i will try to rectify them next time.

HEAT: I had a few issues with heat (it was the height of very unusually hot summer) this time i will open more lower vents up so as my fan will suck fresh cool air and stop mould.

LIGHT: My timer was rubbish, wont trust them again unless some one knows a cheap and reliable one. I'm gonna go manually from now on.

GENETICS: Looking back now getting seeds off a market wasn't the brightest idea but it gave me the push i needed to buy lights etc and start growing and i feel i learned a lot even if i was MASSIVELY disappointed. So i now hope im rectifying 70% of the issues i faced by purchasing sensei skunk number 1

So, now onto my new and hopefully improved grow. Same set up, same pots, same nutrients(again unless someone knows better?), molasses in-between feeding, but, crucially different seeds. Now I chose sensei for obvious reasons, skunk, well, because its skunk! I love it, like I love cheese and autos because I read they are quite hardy plants and I just cant mess up again. id be devastated.
So, does any one have any tips like How many plants i should put in my tent, what nutrients to use, i have Canna a&B how much should i use and when, should I add nutrients to the pot before I put my fresh sprouted seeds in, any definitive answers on humidity levels through out the different grow stages, does ph really matter (bought the meter never used it as all looked so healthy as mentioned before)? Shall i do a 20/4 light schedule etc etc etc.
All help is welcome as i read that although autos are good with light schedules but there is small margins for error and it can seriously set back the yield. I just want them to have the best start possible!
I hope this is in the right place and i get some good sound advice. This will be the start of my grow journal i am awaiting seeds so you can even compare delivery times and sprouting success rates etc. I cant wait to give my dealer the two finger salute. :Namaste:

With a 600w hps you will need a vented hood and an online fan. That will keep your heat down. You will need one or two circulating fans inside as well. I see you have a fan. Is it hooked up to vent the light?

I would use a timer. Doing things manually for several months you will be inconsistent and plants don't like inconsistency. Use a heavy duty timer, a digital one will be very precise. Just check on it after it shuts off to make sure it is working correctly.

Coco is an inert medium but seedlings are usually good with very little or no nutrients. When I plant seeds I start out with a very dilute amount of nutrient maybe 1/5 of normal. I will let the coco growers shed light on nutes, pH, etc.

Hello again FS. And thanks so much for your input. Yes I have an air cooled light and a 5" fan pulling air through my carbon filter then my light, then through my fan and out my tent. I also have 1 smaller fan inside my tent however if it's worth grabbing another one I will definitely purchase that.
During writing this I was thinking as heat rises would it be better for me to put my carbon filter on the ground so as to suck cold fresh air in rather that at the top of my tent sucking in warm air?

OK I'm over thinking again. I have added photos now of my last batch of what i call nettles (might as well be) and my next photos will be of my tent set up, all cleaned and ready for some good old constructive criticism. Can't wait.

14471259428391950503944.jpg
1447125911069-1976966339.jpg

Yeah smoked as bad as it looks. Whole reason I'm on here. I will keep you updated rather than get sent to graveyard of unfinished journals. Peace

I have several cheap timers and they all work great. I would never grow w/o one. For me, it is not a matter of "if", but rather "when" I will mis-time the lights and end up with huge problems after a lot of work, time and $$$.

I have a 600W HPS in pretty much the same volume as you. I can grow fall, winter and spring, but cannot control the heat during the summer (no A/C). I use a 6" 440 CFM fan and pull air in from outside (cold). If you are pulling in heated air, you probably are going to have a challenge.

OK guys I catch your drift. I think the problem with my timer was it reset after 3 days. I'm going to get a better one, take your advice and not wing it.
On another note my seeds came today! I ordered them on Sunday. Very impressed so far. I'm germinating them in damp kitchen roll. My tents all set up and I will post some pictures later on today. I must have been VERY stoned the other night as spelt sensi wrong every time and also got the seed name wrong! I have super skunk auto x 10. I will try and edit my first post! Thanks for your input guys.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom