Seeking confirmation on course of action concerning Coco rebalancing

QBs RULE!!!!!

The Rspec or version 3 on budgetled site are fantastic

I'll be getting plain bds to swap into my system when they get bds is stock

These lights look amazing for the $$$

Perfect for a 4x4 space

Yeah will be spending good money on lights. Been saving for a while. Been looking at some kingbrites but might spring for qbs. Sadly I'm not really competent enough to make stuff like that.

if you can plug in a toaster you can put together the @Budget LED qb style boards.
a pre-built gets you about half of what you can accomplish dollar for dollar with the qb kits.

Sometimes I would be concerned with my ability to plug in a toaster lol

You could always email us your order confirmation and ask us to build the light complete.

We do it for many customers. It is just safer to ship partially assembled. However, we package them up well to withstand the rough hands of UPS.

Remember this is essentially hand watered hydroponics, don't think of it as soil or anything similar at all

I think this is one of the most important bits of info I can take away from this thread so far. My whole mindset seems to have been wrong.

Not gonna lie guys, pretty annoyed with myself for missing such crucial information while researching (or not as the case may be)

You could always email us your order confirmation and ask us to build the light complete.

We do it for many customers. It is just safer to ship partially assembled. However, we package them up well to withstand the rough hands of UPS.

Aye thanks. Like I say though need to get this grow finished and this bloody Christmas out the way before I sink a g into lights. I will deffo check you guys out when I do though

I think this is one of the most important bits of info I can take away from this thread so far. My whole mindset seems to have been wrong.

Not gonna lie guys, pretty annoyed with myself for missing such crucial information while researching (or not as the case may be)
Not to worry, she's looking pretty good regardless. Best of luck and hit us up if you need anything.

Not to worry, she's looking pretty good regardless. Best of luck and hit us up if you need anything.

Thanks a bunch man. I'll take some pics tonight after they wake up if you wouldn't mind having a quick look.

I have some babies in smaller pots in a veggi g tent. Will immediately switch to a once a day feed for them. One question though. If they are dropping to much water on the run off should I let them dry out for another day etc to prevent the Coco from getting overwatered?

Now before I say anything. I will say don’t listen to me. I have zero experience in coco

I have sucked up through osmosis that you can’t overwater coco.

if I’m wrong these seasoned professionals will guide you in the right direction

I let my seedlings dry a little bit, by no means bone dry, up until maybe 8 or so days above ground when in solo cups. I like to have it pretty moist at planting, give a few tablespoons around day 4 above ground, then water fully starting around day 8, aiming to up pot around day 14.. It also depends a lot on the environment /temperature and so on. You shouldn't have to worry about overwatering at all once the pot has a decent amount of roots in it. Most seem to go for perlite rather than clay balls but I think it should be ok.

I let my seedlings dry a little bit, by no means bone dry, up until maybe 8 or so days above ground when in solo cups. I like to have it pretty moist at planting, give a few tablespoons around day 4 above ground, then water fully starting around day 8, aiming to up pot around day 14.. It also depends a lot on the environment /temperature and so on. You shouldn't have to worry about overwatering at all once the pot has a decent amount of roots in it. Most seem to go for perlite rather than clay balls but I think it should be ok.

These have been growing for a while now.

They look like this
IMG_20191226_171237.jpg
IMG_20191226_163955.jpg

Apologies for the shitty pictures

With the smaller pots it will be easier for me to water every day. I honestly enjoy interacting with my plants. one of the reasons I switched from nft is because it was so hands off.

Thanks a bunch man. I'll take some pics tonight after they wake up if you wouldn't mind having a quick look.

I have some babies in smaller pots in a veggi g tent. Will immediately switch to a once a day feed for them. One question though. If they are dropping to much water on the run off should I let them dry out for another day etc to prevent the Coco from getting overwatered?

Here are some pics of my plants!!
IMG_20191227_020757.jpgIMG_20191227_002555.jpg
IMG_20191226_230438.jpgIMG_20191226_224323.jpg

Still tying branches down etc but I failed a little at early training. My next grow in will concentrate more on a nice even canopy. Just trying to get a handle on the new medium and nutes first.

I'v never grown in anything other than coco
And I probably never will
In doing so however, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will be hand watering the plants every day, as I do not have an auto watering system.
That being said, it's about an hour long process each day to mix up the nutes, hand water the plants to run off, give them time to drain well, and then remove all of the run off.
I grow in 3 gallon Airpots, sitting in large wash basins
Once the feeding is done and the pots have drained, I use a Wetvac to suck up all the runoff
Cheap drainage removal at at about 40 bucks at the local hardware store.

I just flipped to 12/12 a few days ago, and had to travel away from home for 2 days for Christmas
Was more than a little nervous skipping a daily feeding for them, but they were fine when I got home 48 hours later

I'v never grown in anything other than coco
And I probably never will
In doing so however, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will be hand watering the plants every day, as I do not have an auto watering system.
That being said, it's about an hour long process each day to mix up the nutes, hand water the plants to run off, give them time to drain well, and then remove all of the run off.
I grow in 3 gallon Airpots, sitting in large wash basins
Once the feeding is done and the pots have drained, I use a Wetvac to suck up all the runoff
Cheap drainage removal at at about 40 bucks at the local hardware store.

I just flipped to 12/12 a few days ago, and had to travel away from home for 2 days for Christmas
Was more than a little nervous skipping a daily feeding for them, but they were fine when I got home 48 hours later

Yeah I really need to get a little liquid vac and sort out some proper drainage system to collect run off in the tent.

At the moment it takes me hours to take each plant out the tent, water it and then wait for it to drain properly before it goes back in the tent.

As long as the plants are elevated, and you have a container of some sort to contain the rest of the run off (that wasn’t caught outside the tent after feeding) that water will only raise the humidity levels. As long as your below 65% it won’t harm the plants. When you remove the plants again for feeding the next day, you can remove the containers holding the run off and drain. Then repeat. :thumb:

How’s it going D I grow in 10 litre/ 2 1/2 gallon fabric pots all coco no clay balls when plants are young say 4 inches high you need to feed small amounts every day and let the plant dry out but not totally, to make the roots stretch and grow looking for feed, you will notice you will have to keep adding more feed as the plants grow larger with no run off.run off only comes into play when the plant has established a good root ball, this is how so many people over water plants in coco yes over water in coco I know I have done it when I first started growing twice, when you have established your root ball you can water/feed till the cows come home with plenty of run off, I get to the run off stage about a couple of weeks before I flower.
You want to be just under half strength nutrients in veg and half strength in flower. You need a feed system as I multi feed in flower first week once a day second week twice a day third week three times a day right up to 6 times a day you will need a good timer for this system this way of growing produces me a gram per watt using a single ended 600 watt hps bulbs in 4x4 spaces some times more depending on strain. You will discover plants only need what they need and no more or no less this can be checked by your run off ie EC and ph should be virtually the same as what goes in. going up and down in EC and ph is no good for plants they need to be on a even keal this keeps plants very happy and they thrive in a good controlled environment, hopes this help mate, oh and I would flush with 1/4 strength nutrients till the EC drops to 1 / 1.2 and 5.8 on ph.

Back
Top Bottom