Shaggn 2021 I'm Back!

Glad you're here @Jlac. You hang out here long enough and you'll be switching from perlite to coco :rofl:
Well by the looks of things you might be right. The PH in my hempy is off from the liter of drool. :kiss:

Gro time!!!

I'll let the pictures tell the story!! :passitleft:

20210224_230827.jpg

20210224_230834.jpg

20210224_230842.jpg

A few frosty close-ups!!
20210224_231024.jpg

20210224_230913.jpg

20210224_230856.jpg

Veg tent and the 2L trays for easy watering/inspection. These ladies were bigger than i normally do in a 2L. Not sure how well they will yield but not concerned neither. Peace!!

20210224_230740_HDR.jpg

20210224_231117.jpg

Sorry, the second picture is blurry. I'll get a fresh one for next update!

so far the no cook coco soil , only i have a couple of stalled autos , they could have been the quick ones as i did not know what the auto parents were , maybe should have started them all in final pots but had no room at the time , lesson learned , though they will be used for experiments :laugh:

but healthy
P1130104.JPG

so far the no cook coco soil , only i have a couple of stalled autos , they could have been the quick ones as i did not know what the auto parents were , maybe should have started them all in final pots but had no room at the time , lesson learned , though they will be used for experiments :laugh:

but healthy
P1130104.JPG
Love it @NuttyProfessor !!
I always heard how important it was to cook your organic mix before using. I guess it's different for coco??

depends on the inputs , you wouldn't want hot manures or blood meal type ingredients going on , , if you keep a fine balance you can get away with it .

coco, soil, peat mixes all soil/soil-less should be cooked if there are hot ingredients ,

Nice one Shaggn, they instantly bring a smile to my face! :thumb:
Gives me an even greater smile knowing it may have brightened up your day!!

Looking absolutely great! How much time does the jp have?
Thanks bro!! Should be around 4 more weeks to get max cloudy with some amber heads. First time running these others. They'll tell us when they're ready!!

Looking nothing short of fantastic in here :bravo:

Some serious chunk and frost on those colas! And there are soo many of them. You must be very happy. I would be!
Definitely pleased! I'm using a different water source which is spring rather than treated city water. It has proved to school me in the beginning. I've learned I need to drop my pH slightly lower than city levels. I haven't had a chance to investigate/research yet. Soon as I do I will share my findings.

I only use a single part powder bloom nutrient with the occasional cal/mag for the first couple 5 gal mixes. After that I just watch/inspect if anything is off. I don't even have any run-off (only with these smaller plants in 2L pots) My larger plants I water till slight run-off (next run!!!). I give approx 200-300ml per night when in full bloom. I feed each plant depending on the coco's condition. Soaking wet/semi dry crust only gets a small (100ml-) crust is dry but has weight still (200ml-) dry and light pot gets (200-300ml) depending mostly on plants condition/color. Completely bone dry gets the bucket soak for 30min and I say sorry over and over till she accepts my ooops (doesn't happen very often) lol

btw my water measurements are for 2L pots. I'll get into specifics with my larger pots when we get there. Peace!!
:passitleft:

I only use a single part powder bloom nutrient with the occasional cal/mag for the first couple 5 gal mixes.
Which nutrient is this? I’m curious
After that I just watch/inspect if anything is off. I don't even have any run-off (only with these smaller plants in 2L pots) My larger plants I water till slight run-off (next run!!!). I give approx 200-300ml per night when in full bloom. I feed each plant depending on the coco's condition. Soaking wet/semi dry crust only gets a small (100ml-) crust is dry but has weight still (200ml-) dry and light pot gets (200-300ml) depending mostly on plants condition/color.
I do the same, I avoid run off. Just try to keep moist
Completely bone dry gets the bucket soak for 30min and I say sorry over and over till she accepts my ooops (doesn't happen very often) lol
:rofl: man I thought it was just me...
“<gasp>....omg.....I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, here you go. See, you’re fine...I’m sorry...so so sorry”

Hey Shaggn they're look great! I'm leaning into the screen to try and catch the dank smell those ladies must be giving off!

Bison Breath and Jelly Pie look particularly frosty. I'll be interested how you evaluate them when it comes time for the smoke test. I am curious, does lots of obvious frost always mean will be better than bud with less obvious frost?

Hey Shaggn they're look great! I'm leaning into the screen to try and catch the dank smell those ladies must be giving off!

Bison Breath and Jelly Pie look particularly frosty. I'll be interested how you evaluate them when it comes time for the smoke test. I am curious, does lots of obvious frost always mean will be better than bud with less obvious frost?

I live with/near a bunch of expert testers!! I'll try to be as descriptive as possible.

I've read that more frost tends to mean higher potency. That being said there are a bunch of variables that also play into the end product. It is said that harvesting with a higher percentage of cloudy heads gets you the most potency. Although lots of people like to harvest when there is a certain amount of amber heads (which is considered in the degradation stage) I like to get in the cloudy area and as a result have had the occasional comment of being the strongest they've ever had. Hopefully some seasoned growers/smokers will chime in and share their incite!!

I live with/near a bunch of expert testers!! I'll try to be as descriptive as possible.

I've read that more frost tends to mean higher potency. That being said there are a bunch of variables that also play into the end product. It is said that harvesting with a higher percentage of cloudy heads gets you the most potency. Although lots of people like to harvest when there is a certain amount of amber heads (which is considered in the degradation stage) I like to get in the cloudy area and as a result have had the occasional comment of being the strongest they've ever had. Hopefully some seasoned growers/smokers will chime in and share their incite!!
My approach is just 'borrowed' from those who have lots more experience than me, which is to harvest cloudy with a bit of amber. I read an article once that said from their testing that the peak of clear was actually tested to be maximum potency and cloudy/amber were both stages of deterioration which was interesting. But in practice it seems that most people like it going cloudy/amber. But my guess is, that potency as measured by THC% may well be maximum at clear, but perhaps all the other cannabinoids that are present that we know little about, maybe they develop into their strengths more during the cloudy/amber stage, but who knows, I'm just drawing guesses out the air!

Back
Top Bottom